Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2018, 07:12 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
Nice write up! Does your setup add any lift to the rig?
I made a note to myself to measure before and after and of course did not. Just looking at it, I really can't see a difference.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:17 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Gabe View Post
Good information! Thanks Mikemdd for the write up, let us know your thoughts after you get it out on the road... I can always upgrade! And Super Springs just up the road from me...
We plan our first trip in a couple of weeks and will learn a little more then. As mentioned, there is no doubt regarding the ride quality. I only had a CCC of 350 lbs from the factory, so felt this upgrade was sorely needed to help in performance. I think whichever upgrade is used, it helps with the Isata 3.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #43

Subscribed. Waiting to hear how you like them. I just added a large Hellwig sway bar to my REV (I think the Isata 3 has it already) and it made a big improvement. I'll do the Sumo Springs if you like them. Which load range did you install?
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:32 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche84 View Post
Subscribed. Waiting to hear how you like them. I just added a large Hellwig sway bar to my REV (I think the Isata 3 has it already) and it made a big improvement. I'll do the Sumo Springs if you like them. Which load range did you install?
1000# on the front and 2500# with the 336 series on the rear. You must be a Porsche guy. I have 5 Porsches so we should compare notes offline...
Old 04-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #45

I knew it!!! Sorry for the Ferrari reference!
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Gabe View Post
I knew it!!! Sorry for the Ferrari reference!
Not a problem. I'm at the track tomorrow and will need to forget everything I learned in the Isata 3 with the new suspension. Actually, thank goodness the Isata 3 does NOT corner like my Porsches... I can put a couple hundred pounds on each corner of my GT3 and it does not move an eighth of an inch.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #47

Mikemdd

PM sent, we'll have plenty to talk about
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3856Small.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	169201  
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:36 PM   #48

So I am now interested in Sumo springs so I contacted them and they asked me to send photos of my rubber stops because they are not mounted on top of the axles
NealM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:40 PM   #49

They actually hang down from the frame member about 3".
Old 04-24-2018, 03:48 PM   #50

Here are a couple photos.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180424_103655.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	169464Click image for larger version

Name:	20180424_103916.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	169465
Old 05-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #51

OK. Just completed our shake down trip in our new Isata 3 FW with the Sumo Springs noted above. Note that I do not have a good basis for comparison before and after installation but can provide my observations. We did both back road and freeway driving. I am really impressed with how smooth the ride is. Not a creak, groan, vibration or rattle at all. The sway or lean is nil when trucks are passing or in moderate winds and the coach is surprisingly stable in turns, even at speed. Coming out of gas stations or across uneven dips also shows little leaning or swaying. I will say that on concrete freeways with aggressive transitions, or when hitting pot holes, there is a real jolt which is fairly harsh when going over them. Not sure if it is because the suspension is stiff with the new springs or all of Isata 3's do this.
Again, not a very good comparison, but just my quick observations. I am still very happy with the setup.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #52
Commercial Member

By design...the sumo springs engage the chassis spring all the time (or sooner rather than later). So your observation seems to be accurate.

Normally, the spring would handle the jolt...but by closing that distance, it could engage the spring all the time depending on load. While that will help sway, etc, it would create a stiffer ride, which of course has pros and cons.

Did yours come with the Bilsteins? I test drove with and without...thus my decisions to make the Bilsteins standard for 2019 MY (Though it actually started going on late 2018 MY). I felt like it further reduced sway, without engaging the factory springs pre-maturely.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
By design...the sumo springs engage the chassis spring all the time (or sooner rather than later). So your observation seems to be accurate.

Normally, the spring would handle the jolt...but by closing that distance, it could engage the spring all the time depending on load. While that will help sway, etc, it would create a stiffer ride, which of course has pros and cons.

Did yours come with the Bilsteins? I test drove with and without...thus my decisions to make the Bilsteins standard for 2019 MY (Though it actually started going on late 2018 MY). I felt like it further reduced sway, without engaging the factory springs pre-maturely.
Yes, mine has the Bilsteins. The ride is definitely "smoother" under normal highway conditions but may be stiffer when you hit big bumps, if that makes sense. In any case, I'm thinking my setup is about as good as it gets.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #54
Commercial Member

Yes, it makes perfect sense. You are limiting the suspension travel. So the smaller stuff will smooth out, but the larger stuff has less room to move.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote