Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #1

Super C RV cover?

We have ordered and are awaiting delivery of our new Isata 5 30fw. Camping World has a sale on RV covers now and we want to take advantage of it. My husband is insisting that a regular RV cover will not fit the shape of this rig because the shape of the front with the Cummins diesel is different from a regular motor home with a Ford gas engine. Anyone have any recommendations or experience? I am looking at the Elements Premium All Climate cover. We have an Adco for our trailer and DO NOT want one for our new toy. Any help would be appreciated. Sale ends Oct 29. Thanks!!
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #2

I have a DX3 and I refuse to put anything over the motorhome with the paint job it has. I have owned many travel trailer and many cover and always had damage to the cover or to the trailer corners wearing color off. I don’t know what kind of roof is on yours but proper maintenance and care is all that I feel is need. If you have room on your property put up a carport or a garage to store it in, that’s what I’m doing.
Sunset beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #3

I was wondering about not covering. We live in Los Angeles, very mild winters, its the summer that's brutally hot and it would not be covered then anyway. The roof is fiberglass, not rubber, not sure what if any maintenance it needs. We store it at an outdoor place close by, no room at home to store it, so can't put in under any shelter. Thanks for the reply.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 10-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #4

Give it a good wax or polish and cover the tires.
Sunset beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #5

I agree, good wax, keep roof properly cleaned, check caulking again in the spring. Rain X all windows and cover or remove your wipers. I replace the wipers every year anyways.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:27 PM   #6

great advice, thanks
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 10-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #7

Have 0/13 Berkshire never had any paint ware off or damage to unit little paint wore off the bottom of compartment doors from straps that hold cover on .covers
Only last two years .but the paint is like new .when we get back from trip wash and cover .even if we don't use it for five or six week when the cove comes offi still super clean and ready to go would not dream of not covering it .not a big fan of camping world but they do make a good cover using there elements cover now one year old still looks good
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover