Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #1

Super tight passenger swivel seat

When rotating our seats to face the living area the passenger seat takes considerable effort to get it to actually turn. I mean considerable. Almost likes it’s stuck. It eventually will move but it takes several tries to get it all the way around. Drivers seat is easy, swivels with minimal effort. Any suggestions on how to loosen up the swivel on the passenger seat?
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #2

I don't have your model or know the manufactor of your base plate. But really they are pretty standard bases. I had the same problem on 1 seat, all they did was to use a dry lube on the base and losses a couple of nuts on the base, don't know which ones, but now you can swing it with 1 hand, I think it's to loose but no problem anymore, look at how it rotates and then before loosening anything try dry lube f rist. If that is hard to move then look at the base bolts to the swivel. I do mean I couldn't turn mine at all from the factory.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Yes, it is always a bit of a crap shoot. Too tight and it is hard to swivel, too loose and it can wobble a bit. Typically if we turn them and they are too tight, we try and loosen some bolts.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #4

I had that problem with the passenger seat. By sittting in the seat and working it a few times it began to turn. It's still tight, but at least I can turn it around now.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #5
Erinn

Our seat "misbehaves" some times, as well. Putting the seat almost all the way forward, and having the tilt back all the way up (not tilted at all) seems to help.

Ours is a Sunseeker, but I'm fairly certain the chassis (ours is a Ford) are the same?! Our driver's seat is all electric, but the passenger seat rotates & we use it a lot...

Here is the Forest River site url for the Atwood rotating seat: https://s3.amazonaws.com/cd-content....86a86cad7f.pdf

Hope this helps...
06/01/18-11/10/18 Camped 43 days!
SunseekerFunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #6

I haven’t been able to spin mine around either. You pull yellow handle, the seat will slide over. You still can’t turn it around. Backrest is straight up and seat is all the way to the back.
Popcorn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #7
Commercial Member

You have to sort of slam it over at a 45 degree angle when you pull the yellow handle. It has to get to the pivot point so it can swivel. (watch your fingers)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:55 PM   #8

Super tight passenger swivel seat

I have found the problem. At the front of the seats (on plates) there is a pin. This pin is supposed to ride under the rail, as it gets to the other side of seat support it is supposed to pull down freeing up seat to turn. My pin was working hard forcing the guide to slip off the rail, thus not pulling pin down. I put oil on the pin, seems to have helped. Brackets under the seat probably could stand to be bent towards the guide making it harder to slip off track.
Popcorn11 is offline   Reply With Quote