Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #1

Switching from Seneca to DX3

I'm new here so forgive me if any of my questions are repetitive. We just sold our Seneca 37TS and are looking at the DX3 37TS, I know the big differences in the chassis, floor height, floorpan but my questions are:
Is there anyone who recently switched from Seneca to Dynamax (DX3, Force or XL)? Are you happy you did and why?
If the Seneca was a hypothetical 5 in quality on a scale of 1-10 what is your Dynamax?

A more general question is that I saw a 2017 DX3 for sale here in CA and wondered what the major upgrades/differences if any have been from 2017 to the 2021.

Thanks for your responses!
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #2

This thread may interest you.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ax-180968.html
Old 03-12-2020, 09:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post

Before I bought my dx3 I strongly considered a Seneca and a renagade - I felt the dx3 was a perfect match for me - I encourage you to drive a dx3 and poke around one I think you will find there are many differences that are very positive on the dx3 - obviously that was my take !
Old 03-13-2020, 07:39 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5rvers View Post
I'm new here so forgive me if any of my questions are repetitive. We just sold our Seneca 37TS and are looking at the DX3 37TS, I know the big differences in the chassis, floor height, floorpan but my questions are:
Is there anyone who recently switched from Seneca to Dynamax (DX3, Force or XL)? Are you happy you did and why?
If the Seneca was a hypothetical 5 in quality on a scale of 1-10 what is your Dynamax?

A more general question is that I saw a 2017 DX3 for sale here in CA and wondered what the major upgrades/differences if any have been from 2017 to the 2021.

When we built on the platform that Seneca builds on (Ours was the Force)....the one complaint we heard over and over and over was "not enough power".

That is why we came out with the Force HD. It was the same basic Force, but on the bigger chassis. Two major upgrades come with that.

1. It has a raised cab for the bigger radiator, which means you can see out of the front windshield from the living room area and there is NO big step down into the cab which also means the seats can swivel and be part of the living space.

2. and maybe more importantly. It is the ISL not the ISB. So while the HP is about the same, the Torque jumps all the way to 1000 (and now 1150) which makes a HUGE different in power on climbs and towing.

As we evaluate the ISB in the future, one of the things I would definitely do, is raise the cab height to match the M2 we built today and also keep the models shorter so it is lighter and better matched to the HP and torque of the ISB.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
When we built on the platform that Seneca builds on (Ours was the Force)....the one complaint we heard over and over and over was "not enough power".

That is why we came out with the Force HD. It was the same basic Force, but on the bigger chassis. Two major upgrades come with that.

1. It has a raised cab for the bigger radiator, which means you can see out of the front windshield from the living room area and there is NO big step down into the cab which also means the seats can swivel and be part of the living space.

2. and maybe more importantly. It is the ISL not the ISB. So while the HP is about the same, the Torque jumps all the way to 1000 (and now 1150) which makes a HUGE different in power on climbs and towing.

As we evaluate the ISB in the future, one of the things I would definitely do, is raise the cab height to match the M2 we built today and also keep the models shorter so it is lighter and better matched to the HP and torque of the ISB.

This reply from BC is another huge difference at dynamax - you just communicated with the GM of dynamax - product support and communication is second to none in the industry!
Old 03-13-2020, 01:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
This reply from BC is another huge difference at dynamax - you just communicated with the GM of dynamax - product support and communication is second to none in the industry!
X2
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:16 PM   #7

Quote:
X3
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #8

Quote:
X4
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #9

I recently traded in my 2014 Jayco Seneca TS this past October for a dx3 TS 2020 model. There's no comparison as far as quality and ride the dx3 is far superior in my opinion. I have the all electric unit never had an aqua hot system. I live south of Detroit just took it down to Louisville this weekend and it made plenty of hot water for the shower. can't say nothing good about the Coleman Mach air conditioner though brand new front one doesn't work no cool at all. The 2014 Jayco Seneca I had six rooftop air units replaced on it part of the reason I traded it in. One thing I didn't like was the chassis was a 2018 with the thousand pound feet of torque and they raised it to 1150 midstream mine is titled as a 2020
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #10
Jim & Gerry

Essex to DX3

Traded our 45 foot Essex, loaded with options; for a 2020 DX3 37TS, also loaded with options. Why? We are older and wanted to go shorter, something easier for both of us to drive.

We are very happy with the trade. The DX3 has everything we liked about the Essex- all electric, aqua hot, matrix TV system, plenty of bay storage, great camera views when driving. We did lose a heated floor and an outside freezer but plan to add a small freezer. The floors in the DX3 do not get as chilled as the Essex tile, so not sure heated floors are necessary. The kitchen cabinet space is better arranged. With slides in, there is only one upper and one lower unaccessable- much better!

I could go on, but hope you get the idea. A very big plus is access to the GM of Dynamax —. He follows this and answers your questions, concerns. Didn’t have that with our other coaches!

Thank you Brian! Very pleased with our coach.
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ci4mynewf View Post
I recently traded in my 2014 Jayco Seneca TS this past October for a dx3 TS 2020 model. There's no comparison as far as quality and ride the dx3 is far superior in my opinion. I have the all electric unit never had an aqua hot system. I live south of Detroit just took it down to Louisville this weekend and it made plenty of hot water for the shower. can't say nothing good about the Coleman Mach air conditioner though brand new front one doesn't work no cool at all. The 2014 Jayco Seneca I had six rooftop air units replaced on it part of the reason I traded it in. One thing I didn't like was the chassis was a 2018 with the thousand pound feet of torque and they raised it to 1150 midstream mine is titled as a 2020

Cummins upgrades my 2015 to 1150- cost was 600 from my cummins location - I was very happy
Old 03-15-2020, 11:46 AM   #12

like I mentioned I live in Detroit and I drove down to Lewisville I don't hit many mountains but I did hit some hills down there but I don't know what a 4% grade vs A6 vs 8 percent grade anybody travel i-71 between i-75 and Louisville is I really don't think I need the upgrades I don't go much in the mountains Louisville not Lewisville sorry
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #13

We owned a 2018.5 Seneca on the S2 chassis for 28 days and sold it and bought a 2016 DX3.. There is no comparing the two.. We may have had a lemon in the Seneca..We bought it used with 4600 miles on it.. I spent two weeks working on it just to be able to take our first trip. Then sold it as soon as we got home from that trip. Dynamax like most other RV's will have some quirks here and there but over all the best thing we did was make that move.. You will not regret it..

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5rvers View Post

We love our 2018 Dynamax Dynaquest XL and have made several upgrades since purchasing it new. However, our plans for the future have recently been changed and it would appear our RV days may be over. So, if you are interested in purchasing our rig I would be happy to discuss it with you. Just send me a PM and I will give you more details. It is the Sunrise Canyon 38TS XL. 450 HP, 1250 Torque.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:06 AM   #15

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions! We've learned a lot from this forum and will mostly dive into the Dynamax world once the craziness calms down bit. I hope everyone here stays well!
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx3, switch