Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2018, 04:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
lol....but do they make enough of it? This is a high volume operation.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Add another tick box or two to the options list when units are ordered. Give folks the option of your standard seat or pay more for swivels, upgraded seats, etc. Let them choose for each side i.e. passenger or drivers side. That way you don't have to find the perfect solution that will make everyone happy, because you know from experience that is like trying to invent anti-gravity.

I know, having more options makes the ordering, inventory, build process more complicated, but you would be getting paid more too. And, think of all the time you will save on the forum, thats worth something too.

Yup, and same procedure for other areas of contention where someone wants a “special” at a production price.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #23

Quote:
No, nothing will work with your seat besides the one we had designed for us...these only work with the stock seat bolt pattern.

But eventually, we hope to have stocks seats, with dual arm rests and swivel bed that we can make available. We still need to figure out the Force...once we do that, we'll look at the DX3 and XL. There are some logistical concerns along with aesthetic concerns we have to resolve.
I must be late for the party... is this all because of not having two armrest? My seats swivel and pull away from the steering wheel. I can only assume it is because of the single armrest issue.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:25 PM   #24

For those of us that want two armrests because it suits us better how about buying the armrest from Lexington/LCI and having a local auto seat cover place fab it on? While they're at it they can change anything else in terms of firmness, etc.

Brian, I can't find a website for Lexington. Would you be able to provide sales contact information?
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:51 PM   #25
Commercial Member

You can't just buy an armrest. Those are welded on for the aftermarket seats. I also think they only sell OEM. Their website is down...not sure if it is getting absorbed into LCI site.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:02 AM   #26

Quote:
You can't just buy an armrest. Those are welded on for the aftermarket seats. I also think they only sell OEM. Their website is down...not sure if it is getting absorbed into LCI site.

Understood. I’m assuming my local auto seat company would strip the seat down, weld on the additional bracket and put the seat back together. Is this not a possibility?
The same local company stripped my Jeep seats to the bare bone and rebuilt them. Adding a bracket for an armrest shouldn’t be too difficult one would think. Or is there something I’m missing?
Old 08-29-2018, 07:13 AM   #27

Maybe I’ll just have them remove the armrest and bracket from the passenger seat and add it to the driver’s seat.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #28
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
Understood. I’m assuming my local auto seat company would strip the seat down, weld on the additional bracket and put the seat back together. Is this not a possibility?
The same local company stripped my Jeep seats to the bare bone and rebuilt them. Adding a bracket for an armrest shouldn’t be too difficult one would think. Or is there something I’m missing?
anything is possible.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:40 AM   #29

Quote:
Maybe I’ll just have them remove the armrest and bracket from the passenger seat and add it to the driver’s seat.
LOL, then your kids will fall out of the passenger seat when they are sleeping.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
I must be late for the party... is this all because of not having two armrest? My seats swivel and pull away from the steering wheel. I can only assume it is because of the single armrest issue.

Mark
I think there are several things being looked at:

1-For me (I'm 6' 4") the seat sat a little too high even when adjusted down with minimal air pressure in the seat suspension. So I'm always sort of ducking to look out and up through the windshield to see traffic lights, etc. I think this is probably because the current seat swivel adds a little more than 2" of additional height. So, you could just remove the swivel but then you have to build a custom mount so the seat can bolt direct to the base, and then obviously you give up swivel function.

2-Some folks have had the stock, dual arm rest seats in the past and feel they provided a more comfortable ride.

3-While testing alternative seats, folks have discovered some that appear to be more comfortable (padding/tilt/design/etc).

Brian is trying to find different base/seat combinations that address some of these areas that are a direct bolt-in to the M2.

I'm waiting for Halla to receive the new seats that he ordered to see how many of these areas they improve.

Biggest one for me is the height thing, it would be nice to keep the swivels but not a deal breaker for me to remove them, dual arm rests might be an improvement but I would have to sit in one installed in the vehicle to actually make a judgement.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:32 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
LOL, then your kids will fall out of the passenger seat when they are sleeping.
Well darn. There's goes that idea, because you're exactly right!
Old 08-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #32

Swivel Seat Update

I am also watching to see Brian’s results, I would like to retrofit swivels on my ‘14 DX3 seats. At 6’2” I have almost the same problem as RV Randy, just not as bad.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #33

Brian I know on the Force they are stock seats but could you tell me what kind freightliner uses? Is it a freightliner seat or something else? Thank ya sir.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:27 AM   #34
Commercial Member

National makes the seats for Freightliner, which is owned by Bostrom.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:42 AM   #35

Ayla from Bostrom sent me a swatch of the tan Ultra leather. I decided that the slight color variance wasn't too bad. I ordered the Pro Ride seats because in addition to two armrests, I like them firmer and with substantial side bolsters on the seat bottom.
Now the waiting game...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bostrom Pro Ride.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	186108  
Old 09-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #36

Quote:
Ayla from Bostrom sent me a swatch of the tan Ultra leather. I decided that the slight color variance wasn't too bad. I ordered the Pro Ride seats because in addition to two armrests, I like them firmer and with substantial side bolsters on the seat bottom.
Now the waiting game...
Very nice looking seat. Are these gonna swivel?
Old 09-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #37

Seems like this was covered in a few different threads, but I'm having trouble remembering. Is the current consensus, that these Bostrom seats WITH the swivels will only lower the seat height ~3/4"? Also, regarding any of the optional features requiring 12V (heated seats, for example) - anyone know if there is wiring already in place under our current seats to tap into?
Old 09-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Very nice looking seat. Are these gonna swivel?

Yes. Ordered with swivel. One of the reason we like Dmax was because the cab seat swiveled to add seating to the living area.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #39

I hope there is power under the seat, I havent looked, but I know my new seats will need power. Still waiting on the new seats, been 6 weeks. I guess Bostrom is way behind on production right now.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I hope there is power under the seat, I havent looked, but I know my new seats will need power. Still waiting on the new seats, been 6 weeks. I guess Bostrom is way behind on production right now.
I finally tracked down where I ordered the swivels from (eBay purchase ) and they told me they were back ordered and would be a couple more weeks. I would almost cancel and get the Bostrom seats and all.

Halla do you think they are more comfortable then what we have? I think you said you found a place to try them out.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote