Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 12,936
Swivel Seat Update

It looks like we might have a solution. Still some work that needs to be done, but I have a sample set coming in.

It is a stationary swivel, so does not get you away from the steering wheel and door like the version we use would...but It only adds about 1" to the stack and is made by Bostrom (was National).

SK144815 (DS)
SK144817 (PS)

Once I get one installed and confirm the fit, I will update.
__________________

__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 801
Never had a doubt. I tried telling everybody not to get up-tight and just relax and give you some credit and time. I never even gave it a seconds thought.
__________________

Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:46 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
RV Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Franktown, Colorado
Posts: 817
Great! Is this just the base and swivel and does it work with our existing seats?
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 12,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Great! Is this just the base and swivel and does it work with our existing seats?
No, nothing will work with your seat besides the one we had designed for us...these only work with the stock seat bolt pattern.

But eventually, we hope to have stocks seats, with dual arm rests and swivel bed that we can make available. We still need to figure out the Force...once we do that, we'll look at the DX3 and XL. There are some logistical concerns along with aesthetic concerns we have to resolve.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Never had a doubt. I tried telling everybody not to get up-tight and just relax and give you some credit and time. I never even gave it a seconds thought.


mikew968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 12,936
We installed the Bostrom swivel seat ped.

It only raises the seat height, maybe 1".
Passenger side, no problem, swivels pretty easily.

Driver side, as we expected is a little trickier. You have to put the steering wheel ALL THE WAY UP and the Forward. You start the swivel and then have to adjust the seat glide forward and back to clear the hand rail at the lower cab entry door area, arm rest needs to be down so that the steering wheel actually goes OVER the arm rest, seat back has to be ALL the way forward and the steering wheel still rubs about 1" of the seat. We were going to try one more set of holes to see if it helped any. It can be done....but I think you would find yourself just swiveling the passenger in most cases. No steering wheel to contend with , unless you had to have it and then it can be done.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 801
Brian I ordered the swivels that you gave me a link to. Have you tried those? I have not received them yet.

Edit: I was on my phone so didn’t see this was same swivels as I ordered. May have to modify them.
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 491
Those swivels will NOT fit a Bostrom seat...just so everyone knows...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #9
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 12,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Brian I ordered the swivels that you gave me a link to. Have you tried those? I have not received them yet.

Edit: I was on my phone so didnít see this was same swivels as I ordered. May have to modify them.
These are the same swivels that you ordered. They fit the stock seat (which you have) and fit the stock base.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
These are the same swivels that you ordered. They fit the stock seat (which you have) and fit the stock base.
Ok good deal. The passenger seat will be good then as you say and maybe I can fab the drivers seat. Let me know if you figure out if the other holes line up and work better please.
__________________
2019 Dynamax Force TSHD
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We installed the Bostrom swivel seat ped.

It only raises the seat height, maybe 1".
Passenger side, no problem, swivels pretty easily.

Driver side, as we expected is a little trickier. You have to put the steering wheel ALL THE WAY UP and the Forward. You start the swivel and then have to adjust the seat glide forward and back to clear the hand rail at the lower cab entry door area, arm rest needs to be down so that the steering wheel actually goes OVER the arm rest, seat back has to be ALL the way forward and the steering wheel still rubs about 1" of the seat. We were going to try one more set of holes to see if it helped any. It can be done....but I think you would find yourself just swiveling the passenger in most cases. No steering wheel to contend with , unless you had to have it and then it can be done.


Brian, are you asking for grief and aggravation with the maneuvers needed to swivel the seat ?

FRF will have to open a sub forum for complaining. ;-)

I remember how comfortable the DX3 seats were a couple of years ago when I sat in one at a show. But I complained that I didn't like the seat not being directly behind the steering wheel. My apologies since I now know the seat can slide laterally.

Every time I mention getting a DX3 my wife doesn't remember it from the others. Then I mention the seats and she gets excited and starts talking about the CB radio and air horn. :-)
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Running Springs, CA
Posts: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Then I mention the seats and she gets excited and starts talking about the CB radio and air horn. :-)

Air Horn!!! That's the first thing my Wife went for when she drove it the first time was the Damn AIR HORN!!! I had no rock to crawl under.
__________________
2018 DX3 37TS Sunset
2019 Rubicon JLU
2018 RZR XP 1000 Ride Command
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
Air Horn!!! That's the first thing my Wife went for when she drove it the first time was the Damn AIR HORN!!! I had no rock to crawl under.
Yep I hear ya. Grandson seen the airhorn and CB and I was screwed from the get go. When we went to see the coach at the dealer the first time, it was in the back about 10' from where a guy was detailing another unit and the grandson hit the horn. Poor guy about knocked his bucket of soap over.
__________________
2019 Dynamax Force TSHD
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Running Springs, CA
Posts: 859
__________________
2018 DX3 37TS Sunset
2019 Rubicon JLU
2018 RZR XP 1000 Ride Command
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #15
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 12,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Brian, are you asking for grief and aggravation with the maneuvers needed to swivel the seat ?

FRF will have to open a sub forum for complaining. ;-)
Tell me about it... I can't win on this one. If I just do the passenger, someone will want to do the driver. If I do the driver, then someone will complain how hard the driver is to turn. If I can get our old supplier to do the old swivel that slides over 45 degrees first, then its the stack height and 1" offset from center.

No one makes what I need at this time.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
hook47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 365
Jack Daniels makes what you need
__________________
2018 DX3 37RB - 2017 Jeep GC Summit towed
hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:21 AM   #17
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 12,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook47 View Post
Jack Daniels makes what you need
lol....but do they make enough of it? This is a high volume operation.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:10 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
RV Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Franktown, Colorado
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Tell me about it... I can't win on this one. If I just do the passenger, someone will want to do the driver. If I do the driver, then someone will complain how hard the driver is to turn. If I can get our old supplier to do the old swivel that slides over 45 degrees first, then its the stack height and 1" offset from center.

No one makes what I need at this time.
Add another tick box or two to the options list when units are ordered. Give folks the option of your standard seat or pay more for swivels, upgraded seats, etc. Let them choose for each side i.e. passenger or drivers side. That way you don't have to find the perfect solution that will make everyone happy, because you know from experience that is like trying to invent anti-gravity.

I know, having more options makes the ordering, inventory, build process more complicated, but you would be getting paid more too. And, think of all the time you will save on the forum, thats worth something too.
__________________


Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Tell me about it... I can't win on this one. If I just do the passenger, someone will want to do the driver. If I do the driver, then someone will complain how hard the driver is to turn. If I can get our old supplier to do the old swivel that slides over 45 degrees first, then its the stack height and 1" offset from center.

No one makes what I need at this time.
I appreciate you trying.
__________________
2019 Dynamax Force TSHD
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We installed the Bostrom swivel seat ped.

It only raises the seat height, maybe 1".
Passenger side, no problem, swivels pretty easily.

Driver side, as we expected is a little trickier. You have to put the steering wheel ALL THE WAY UP and the Forward. You start the swivel and then have to adjust the seat glide forward and back to clear the hand rail at the lower cab entry door area, arm rest needs to be down so that the steering wheel actually goes OVER the arm rest, seat back has to be ALL the way forward and the steering wheel still rubs about 1" of the seat. We were going to try one more set of holes to see if it helped any. It can be done....but I think you would find yourself just swiveling the passenger in most cases. No steering wheel to contend with , unless you had to have it and then it can be done.
Just had to ask this though.. Did anybody think to open the door to make swiveling driver seat easier?
__________________

__________________
2019 Dynamax Force TSHD
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.


×