Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2024, 10:29 AM   #1
Gmb

Tail light issues

2020 Isata 3 suddenly started having turn signal issues. Left and right turn signals flash 2x normally and then start flashing rapidly and dash light warning comes on. We were not towing when this started. All bulbs are working. This started after being parked in Bay St Louis, Ms last week during severe weather. Mercedes says it sounds like a Dynamax problem. Any suggestions before I have to spend big $ to have this fixed would be appreciated.
Gmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:57 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmb View Post
2020 Isata 3 suddenly started having turn signal issues. Left and right turn signals flash 2x normally and then start flashing rapidly and dash light warning comes on. We were not towing when this started. All bulbs are working. This started after being parked in Bay St Louis, Ms last week during severe weather. Mercedes says it sounds like a Dynamax problem. Any suggestions before I have to spend big $ to have this fixed would be appreciated.
Do your hazard lights (4-ways) flash rapidly too?
There’s often separate flasher units for turn signals and hazards.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 11:09 AM   #3
Site Team

Moved thread from the Tech and Repair section to the Dynamax sub-forum for better help from other Dynamax owners and possible factory support.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 12:03 PM   #4
Gmb

Went out this am and working fine. There must have been moisture somewhere.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:44 AM   #5
Gmb

Tail light issues

Rv is 2020 Isata 3. We are back to having problems with our tail lights. Yesterday both signal lights worked normally, so I moved MH into shed. This am went out and both directionals blinked fast and the dash light warning came on. My wife went out 2 hours later and they worked normally. Both Mercedes and Dynamax dealers are over 100 miles away. Mercedes will not diagnose Dynamax added parts and Dynamax will not diagnose Mercedes original parts. I hate to take it to Mercedes and have them spend all day and $1500 only to be told it is a Dynamax problem. Any suggestions would be helpful because I am well aware of how difficult and time consuming it is to track down electrical problems.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:28 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Fast Flash, then it thinks a bulb is out. Other than checking with Mercedes to make sure it is programmed for LED tail lights.... you could just swap out the rear tail lights to see if that fixes it. That would be the most cost effective solution unless you can narrow down exactly what light is causing it.

that, or there is a pinched/chaffed wire somewhere that is getting wet or intermittently shorting.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 07:55 PM   #7

Agreed sounds like moisture got into the exterior lights. Check the seals around each light. Replace with sealant as needed.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:50 AM   #8
Gmb

Tail lights

Directional lights work intermittently on our 2020 Isata 3. Yesterday afternoon they were back to square one. Both left and right flash rapidly and light warning is displayed. I spoke to the Dynamax regional sales rep and he was going to have a service rep call me. I am willing to take it in for repair if I could narrow the problem down to a Mercedes or a Dynamax issue. The Mercedes dealer will not diagnose or repair a Dynamax problem, and the Dynamax dealer will not touch a Mercedes issue. I have chased electrical gremlins before, so I am aware of the difficulty finding the problem. I am concerned that if Mercedes spends 8 hours at $185/hr only to tell me it is a Dynamax issue then I have to spend another $185/hr for the Dynamax diagnosis and repair. I am merely trying to narrow the problem down based on the experience of the manufacturer or other owners. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:36 AM   #9
Gmb

Directional lights

2020 Isata 3. Yesterday in am I thought our directional light issue was resolved. The in the pm we are back to square one. Both left and right flash rapidly and light warning is displayed on the dash.. I spoke to the Dynamax regional sales rep and he was going to have a service rep call me. I am willing to take it in for repair if I could narrow the problem down to a Mercedes or a Dynamax issue. The Mercedes dealer will not diagnose or repair a Dynamax problem, and the Dynamax dealer will not touch a Mercedes issue. I have chased electrical gremlins before, so I am aware of the difficulty finding the problem. I am concerned that if Mercedes spends 8 hours at $185/hr only to tell me it is a Dynamax issue then I have to spend another $185/hr for the Dynamax diagnosis and repair. I am merely trying to narrow the problem down based on the experience of the manufacturer or other owners. Any help would be appreciated.
Gmb is online now Report Post

Tags
light