Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2021, 03:31 PM   #1

Teamviewer for remote access to Plesk

I found that Teamviewer (free download) can be used to remotely monitor Plesk if you have a running wifi on board, like Wineguard connect 2.0. I leave that running with an AT&T sim card, and a tablet running.

Load the free Teamviewer Host onto the tablet. Be sure to use the "Host" not remote.

Load the free (personal use, non commercial) Teamviewer onto your home PC, ipad or whatever you want to monitor from, and setup an account, which is done automatically when you do the download.

Once you have those setup, simply start Teaviewer on your PC and click on the tablet in the coach. And voila, you can do anything from home you could if you were sitting in your motorhome. Especially nice to monitor batteries, etc. If your solar system has an app, like Ronogy BT1 you can monitor that. It's very easy and free. It's a game changer for me. The only very small nuance to use it free is each time you use it a little popup comes up, saying you can only use it for personal use. Just click ok and it goes away.

I've attached an image of my remote connection to my Samsung tablet in my Force. You can click on any app, and do anything you want the same as if you were sitting there. I have the Plesk, Bluefire and Renogy apps open in the tablet. They don't have to stay open, you can open and close them remotely.

I keep my solar controller running so the batteries stay charged, but leave the inverter off. I connect the tablet to a USB port (dc) to keep it charged.

I searched the forum for Teamviewer and didn't see anything so figured I put this out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture-1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	266105  

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 12:37 PM   #2

Im guessing that with this set up you could probably integrate a Security system as well???
Old 11-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #3

Absolutely. Anything you could typically control via your home wifi you can do with this setup. Lot's of ideas to explore. I am going to setup an alarm trigger that will alert me on low battery voltage, which you could do without Teamviewer., as long as you have wifi. The big difference with Teamviewer, you can actually jump onto Plesk, or anything else connected to wife, and even fire up the generator if you need to, turn lights on/off, etc. I seem to read a lot about owners going to storage only to find flat dead batteries. I just connected via Teamviewer and checked my batteries and solar. Just an example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_levels_11-26-2021.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	266118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_solar_11-26-2021.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	266119  

Old 11-26-2021, 10:47 PM   #4

Thanks to a fellow forumer and friend who pointed it out to me, I need to correct my typo. It's not "plesk", it Plex, for the Precision Plex control panel.

Tags
remote