Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #1

The best Dealer to buy a new Dynamax DX3?

We are in the market for a Dynamax DX3 and live in Southern California. The closest dealer has a lot of bad reviews. We traveled to Michigan for our 1st rv and dont mind traveling for this one.
Thanks
Steve
stndinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

My brother and I both bought Dynamax at the same time at MHS in Texas. I had a good experience and everything checked out good. They don't do much of a walk through but if you've had a coach before then you'll be fine.

My brother on the other hand picked his up and didn't test the gen while the techs were there. He found it wasn't working and they couldn't fix it before he left. Doesn't seem like their PDI is all that great.

I personally would buy from them again but wouldn't trust them for service...being in cali I'm sure the service doesn't affect you but be advised if you buy there to take delivery mid week so their service dept can address any big issues before you leave.
Ryan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #3

I flew down to MHS in Texas as well. Price was great and they had the one I wanted in stock (which was even more important)

PDI wasnt all that long but they've got hookups on site and I believe they'll let ya stay a night or two if you want to shakedown on site so it could be more in depth I guess. The guy in Grand Rapids, MI had decent price as well but just didnt have as much in stock.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:55 PM   #4

Are you referring to Dennis Dillon in Wesminster?

I would like to purchase from Dennis Dillon in Idaho but if they don't come down on their price I will look at going to MHS in Texas. For me it's all about the price. Money talks!
rsqcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsqcon View Post
Are you referring to Dennis Dillon in Wesminster?

I would like to purchase from Dennis Dillon in Idaho but if they don't come down on their price I will look at going to MHS in Texas. For me it's all about the price. Money talks!
Yes we were at DD in Westminster over the weekend and had a good experience. When I got home I started to read the reviews and it was hard to find a good one. They are very close to where we live so im a bit concerned. It seems the service dept has issues. I havent put them off yet but your right, price will decide where we buy as well as service after the sale.
stndinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #6

Will be taking delivery (DX3) @ DDRV, Westminster in two weeks . Will update with experience.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #7

Also read on line bad reviews on DDRV service, but changes have been made I was told. Hope to get full really good PDI on site. Have a motorhome now, but older so a lot of new technology to catch up on. Very good sales experience so far, placed order in Dec 2016 DX3. Will post how it goes.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #8

We're 2500 miles from the factory and wanted to put those 'delivery' miles on ourselves. We purchased from Motorhomes 2 Go in Grand Rapids. A far better deal than our local dealer. Thanks Mike Fleser. A straight forward, no hassle, no bs experience and a fantastic pdf from a master tech. We spent the first night in the area in case we had any problems or questions and then the short drive down to the factory for a tour and spent the night there (they have a few hookups).
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #9

The first fifth wheel we purchased I felt like I was lost in the PDI but I have a much better understanding of what I am looking for. Whom ever I buy from should be prepared for a very thorough walk thru.

So were you able to pick your Dynamax up from the factory and deliver it to your dealer or am I misinterpreting the delivery miles?
rsqcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #10

At Ddr
Old 04-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #11

At DDRV Westminster we were encouraged to take as long as necessary for the PDI and to video it for future referance. We will be doing that in two weeks when we pick up our new DX3.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stndinup View Post
We are in the market for a Dynamax DX3 and live in Southern California. The closest dealer has a lot of bad reviews. We traveled to Michigan for our 1st rv and dont mind traveling for this one.
Thanks
Steve
I would check with Longhorn Rv in Mineola, Texas. They sale Dynamax. We looked in the DFW area and ended up going back to Longhorn to purchase our Isata 3.

Doris

Doris & Bob
2017 Isata 3
Dori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #13
jkoenig24

Although I was living in NY at the time, the ONLY dealer that had the model I wanted (2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB) was Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids, MI (after striking out at numerous dealers, I called Dynamax. They had shipped "my" model the day before to Terrytown). Pleasant folks who were TOTALLY INCOMPETENT. You can PM me if you'd like details). I believe that Dynamax still offers the 37RB BUT, it's NOT the same floorplan mine has. On my 37RB, the hot and cold water, drain lines, propane lines and ALL major appliances STAY PUT. The two slide outs have only furniture and electric that move. My 37RB is 99% usable with the slides IN (two drawers are blocked when the bed is in. I put my clean underwear and socks in the top drawer and always have access to them).
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #14

Great customer service

While I did not buy my Dynamax Isata 3 from Robert Crist and Company RV in Mesa, AZ, I was sent to them for warranty work by Dynamax factory customer service when the dealer I did purchase from in Utah was just not doing the job. This dealership is ALL about customer service and they have treated me like I purchased the most expensive coach on the lot anytime I have been there. If I could go back, I would definitely purchase from them and travel to do it. I've been in their sales area, service department and parts department while waiting for warranty work on my coach several times. They have a great walk through service and have kept me informed during every step of any process. They even went out of their way to make sure I received packages, had a place to overnight and verified that my pets were secured, as I live in the coach full time and am on a limited budget.
As a side note, while I have had several warranty issues with this model, every thing has been taken care of to my satisfaction and I would definitely recommend Dynamax as a manufacturer. I know there are always some dealers who are not great and also some buyers who expect everything, but this coach has been great so far.
Phiestybritches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsqcon View Post
The first fifth wheel we purchased I felt like I was lost in the PDI but I have a much better understanding of what I am looking for. Whom ever I buy from should be prepared for a very thorough walk thru.

So were you able to pick your Dynamax up from the factory and deliver it to your dealer or am I misinterpreting the delivery miles?
RSQCON, Sorry for the confusion. We picked up our coach at the dealer (MHS2GO) in Grand Rapids. I don't believe Dynamax offers a factory direct pickup. We live in Oregon and the 2500 miles mentioned is roughly the distance the coach would have on the odometer if we would have purchased from a local dealer in Portland. Not that it really matters I guess because those miles are now on our odometer, except that we were the ones to put them on. It had 155 miles on it when we drove it off the lot in Grand Rapids not the 2500 put on by somebody else had we purchased in Portland. Plus we saved enough on the deal to pay for our trip several times over.
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:02 PM   #16

We bought at MHS2GO also. I would buy from them again. I did a 5 hour walk through to avoid some issues, but they made it pretty painless for me.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:01 PM   #17

Just for giggles, give randy at grove Rv a call..
they have 3, dx3 in stock.

They are in Edmonton Alberta .. Canada...

With the Canadian dollar being so low, compared to us. It might be worth a call.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stndinup View Post
Thanks
Steve
If you don't mind traveling try MH2GO in Grand Rapids ,Michigan
RITAOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #19

I agree MH2Go gives pretty good deals. Personally, I don't depend on ANY DEALER... sadly, after the deal, most could care less. I'm speaking from over 30 yrs experience of owning various types of campers, motor homes and busses..

Tags
dealer