Old 09-23-2020, 08:28 AM   #1

The REAL Height of a 37RB?

I have an RV garage at my home in Tennessee. The bottom of my garage door header is at 12'9". My driveway has a slight incline so as start to back in, the rear end will want to stick up a bit until the back wheels get into the garage a ways. Once in the garage my ceiling is 13'3". Major, major surgery would be required to raise the header.

Question 1: How accurate is the 12'9" and is it to the top of the AC units or the Satellite dome?

Question 2: I see there is a suspension height up down switch. Can I lower the rear suspension using this and slowly back up with the rig lowered? How much would this lower the rear end?

Sure hope I can make the 37RB fit! DW wants one!!
nccampguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:54 AM   #2
Motorized GM

1. pretty accurate. That is measured to the highest point which is actually the sat dome right now at about 13.75". There is a way to get it lower I think...if you optioned the triple LNB (not the in-motion) that lays flat and so the A/C or the Connect 2.0 would be the highest point then. I think that would save about 2"?

2. I have not measured one, but even if you lower the back, the front is not air.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #3

So, is the actual height 12’9” or 13.75”? Some bridge out there would like to know for sure.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
So, is the actual height 12’9” or 13.75”? Some bridge out there would like to know for sure.
The actual height is 12'9"...I was pointing out that the sat dome was 13.75" tall and was the tallest item on the roof. (not 13.75 feet). 13'-6" is as tall as you can go legally.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 09-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #5

I think 13.75" was the height of the dome off the roof. That'd be a mighty short RV

https://fourwhl.com - Traveling the country in our DX3 for the next year
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. pretty accurate. That is measured to the highest point which is actually the sat dome right now at about 13.75". There is a way to get it lower I think...if you optioned the triple LNB (not the in-motion) that lays flat and so the A/C or the Connect 2.0 would be the highest point then. I think that would save about 2"?

2. I have not measured one, but even if you lower the back, the front is not air.
1) so, then the question becomes what it the height to the top of the tallest AC because I would option the triple LNB.

2) I know the front is not air and that should be ok depending on how far the rear drops when lowered.

I still need to know if I can drive the unit at low speeds backwards and forward to get in an out of the garage once the air is lowered. Some one must know how much they drop whenn the air is dumped?!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #7

The REAL Height of a 37RB?

And to think I used to proofread advertising copy before it went out, geez, do I feel stupid! Thanks for correcting my mis-read.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:05 AM   #8
Motorized GM

As I mentioned, the A/C is not the issue, the next tallest is the Connect by Winegard (Over the air TV antenna, Wifi booster).

Going to the Triple LNB saves 2", so call it 12'-7". Get ride of the ConnecT and I think we can cut another 2"...though you have no TV antenna that point.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #9

This seems like a math problem with more information needed. What is the incline of the driveway? And where on the roof of the 37RB are the obstacles in relation to the centerline of the rear axle.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #10

You can probably count on 2-3" out of the rear suspension. I can probably get a better measurement next time I drop the rear bags.

All in all sounds like a sketchy proposition no matter what you do though. Time to start shopping for pole buildings

https://fourwhl.com - Traveling the country in our DX3 for the next year
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
You can probably count on 2-3" out of the rear suspension. I can probably get a better measurement next time I drop the rear bags.

All in all sounds like a sketchy proposition no matter what you do though. Time to start shopping for pole buildings

I'm betting it's more than 2-3 inches. And pole building ain't gonna happen! Whatever we get has to go into that garage! I hear the main purpose of the air dump is to easily decouple/recouple to a trailer. Also helps with leveling at a campground if the nose is a bit lower than the tail end.

As far as sketchy...not really. All I need is a smidge of clearance. 1/2 inch is as good as 12 inches!
Old 09-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccampguy View Post
I have an RV garage at my home in Tennessee. The bottom of my garage door header is at 12'9". My driveway has a slight incline so as start to back in, the rear end will want to stick up a bit until the back wheels get into the garage a ways. Once in the garage my ceiling is 13'3". Major, major surgery would be required to raise the header.

Question 1: How accurate is the 12'9" and is it to the top of the AC units or the Satellite dome?

Question 2: I see there is a suspension height up down switch. Can I lower the rear suspension using this and slowly back up with the rig lowered? How much would this lower the rear end?

Sure hope I can make the 37RB fit! DW wants one!!
Not to sound like SA but I figure each one sits a bit differently. Place a 2x2x10 across the A/C covers or the highest projection and measure to ground. If you still have not purchased the unit go to the dealer and tell them sale is dependent on getting an accurate measure.
bzac1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
This seems like a math problem with more information needed. What is the incline of the driveway? And where on the roof of the 37RB are the obstacles in relation to the centerline of the rear axle.
It is a math problem but a fairly easy one. When backing up into the garage, the AC, domes, etc don't come in to play until the rear AC meets the garage door header. On the RB it looks like the AC is back pretty far and its behind the rear wheels. I'm "thinking" that the incline of the driveway will be a wash when the rear suspension is dropped if that makes sense. I think I'll go measure the incline. The sine of the angle times the hypotenuse? lol
Old 09-23-2020, 01:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
As I mentioned, the A/C is not the issue, the next tallest is the Connect by Winegard (Over the air TV antenna, Wifi booster).

Going to the Triple LNB saves 2", so call it 12'-7". Get ride of the ConnecT and I think we can cut another 2"...though you have no TV antenna that point.
How tall are the AC units above the roof? And how tall is the roof?

Seems like there would be a dimensioned drawing of this somewhere!?
Old 09-23-2020, 04:05 PM   #15
jkoenig24

Some "Smart Weigh" providers include a properly measured height with the weight fee. My 2015 DX3-37RB came in at a measured 12'5" to the highest point (which is the top of the In Motion Satellite dome. Personally, I like to add a "Fudge Factor" of 6" just to be extra safe.

Both the Escapees RV Club and the RVSEF offer Smart Weigh services at many of the larger rallies. Depending on your particular set up, prices I've seen range from $45 ~ $85. Unless MAJOR changes are made, Smart Weigh is a one time expense which, in my opinion, is money well spent. After your rig is Smart Weighed, a trained technician will go over your numbers with you. Smart Weigh measures the weight at EACH TIRE POSITION which is the best way to determine exactly what your tire pressure should be set at. Knowledge is power.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #16

Could you fabricate a notch out in the header to clear the ACs or whatever?
bucky53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky53 View Post
Could you fabricate a notch out in the header to clear the ACs or whatever?
Not really. The header is a support beam and can't be moved. Well, it can be moved if I do major surgery to the house converting the garage roof from a hip to a gable. $$$$
Old 09-23-2020, 11:17 PM   #18

Lower the floor.
hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:19 PM   #19

Seriously,
Old 09-23-2020, 11:21 PM   #20

If you need an inch or so, let the air out of the tires for a couple of feet.
Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote