Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2021, 10:05 AM   #21

I had the same Thomas Payne recliners in my raptor toy hauler and had the same issues. Forum comments about it over there indicated that older versions had a switch on the side to turn off those features. That switch was deleted as a cost savings no doubt a while ago. Might be easy enough to wire one in. The heat feature I found most annoying. When it's already hot outside and the A/C are struggling to cool the interior, one of the last things I wanted was a hot butt. That cover, a great idea.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:40 PM   #22

I ordered the following thin profile from Esty. I covered the heat, vibrator, and light. They work great. https://www.etsy.com/listing/7690594...f=yr_purchases
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Button Cover.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	266220  
Old 11-29-2021, 10:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythplaced View Post
If the recline and return functions are included on this control then this is a safety hazard. Imagine a child, pet or an arm or leg being trapped in an unintended activation!

Good hazard and risk evaluation would have foreseen this and this cover include as a mitigating strategy. Makes me question the robustness of hazard and risk management the RV industry employs. I know there are regulatory standards for RV's but these are out of date and do not reflect the complexity of interconnected systems and the unique user needs of the modern RV family. Consumers should NOT have to mitigate risks and hazards post sale. (Although the RV industry has essentially passed final QC to the dealer and customer IMO)

FYI: State of the art standard for risk management is ISO 14971:2019 & ISO TIR 24971:2020.

Living rooms all across America have sofas with those controls. Your hazardous concerns are much greater than you realize or there is a dearth of injuries.

My daughters dogs activate those things whenever they are on the sofa in her living room.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprajayaz View Post
My friend 3d printed these for us. Actual use ones are black but the red one shows better for photos. It is thin to allow cup to fit easily and rotates to allow access to the buttons. Will see if he can upload files to thingiverse.com so others can 3D print for themselves.
So I was thinking of something like this but was concerned about it spinning??
if there was a "lip" or "stop" on the left underside of the top surface covering the buttons, it wouldn't easily spin perhaps??

Any thoughts?

BtW, I would love to get the file or a link to the file. since I ordered a 3D printer over the weekend
Old 11-30-2021, 07:18 PM   #25

Here is an alternative very simple 5-min solution that solved the problem for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ReclinerControlGuard-004.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	266289   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReclinerControlGuard-003.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	266290  
AZCreeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:58 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCreeker View Post
Here is an alternative very simple 5-min solution that solved the problem for us.
Oh boy...I do love simple. Not sure you can get any simpler...but now that you have thrown down the gauntlet

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:10 AM   #27

Quote:

With my grandkids, those would be broken off on the first visit, LOL. I’m confident I will have to hide the magnetic covers, shown in my original post, the first time they visit or I will never see the covers again.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:02 PM   #28

Quote:
I might add....from wifey...they work PERFECTLY!!!
codiwomple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accident, heater