Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2021, 12:46 PM   #1
Great Adventurers

They started our XL

We are so excited!!!
Our Dynaquest XL has started and made it to the Friday pictures.
Thank you Dynamax employees. We appreciate all of you!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Blue Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:53 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Perfect timing (and bonus pictures for you).

I was walking the plant today to take a look at some wood changes and I walked past a coach that was in cabinet set. What struck me was how clean it was.

Our electrical people and cleaners get a bad rap (undeservedly in most cases). As I have mentioned several times, we blow out debris at 4+ different stages. BUT, if you have EVER had a home built...you know that dust settles for weeks, if not months after. In addition, that home never moves and cabinets are set AFTER the fact. In motorhomes the cabinets are OPEN boxes, filled with chases and other stuff connected to various different cavities. So, if we drill a hole for an outlet, some debris might settled on the top of backer or or in some cavity we can't get to, but when driving it all moves around.

These were pictures I snapped to highlight that. Plant was gone...I was just very impressed by how tidy the wires were and how clean it was, when clearly there were lots of holes cut and assembly done.

The plus side for you was that I instantly recognized the name Bergstom on the windshield as I know you have been waiting a very long time for this to start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	259655   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 3.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	437.1 KB
ID:	259656   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 4.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	259657   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 6.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	259659   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 8.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	259661  

Name:	blue 9.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	419.5 KB
ID:	259662   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 10.jpg
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	259663   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 5.jpg
Size:	457.4 KB
ID:	259664   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 11.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	504.5 KB
ID:	259665   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue 7.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	519.6 KB
ID:	259666  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:56 PM   #3

Congratulations on your new XL going into production. We just took delivery of our new 2021 XL on June 4 after watching going through the production process. You are going to love it. Our 2021 is a significant improvement over our 2018 XL. It is very apparent there have been many quality improvements since 2018, many of which you don’t see on the surface. The wiring layout is much more tidy than before and the “behind the scenes” areas are much cleaner, to Brian’s point with all the pictures.

Nothing is perfect in this life, but I appreciate the fact that Brian and his team listen to their customers and make incremental improvements based on that input. Don’t know about other manufacturers, but it gives me piece of mind with my Dynamax purchase.

Looking forward to seeing your completed coach!
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #4

Congrats!

We got our 2021 XL last February and we both love it! We waited (only) 8 months and it was worth the wait for us.

For me it is really fun to drive.
MAC D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:21 PM   #5

We got our 2021 xl last January and didn't get a tire monitor even though when I called the factory they swear there's one in there . If you have one can you tell me where its mounted, THANKS
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:30 PM   #6

Ours tire monitor was not mounted. It was in a drawer with all the remotes and stuff. The original box for the system was there as well. The windshield suction cup mount for the monitor was in the box. I chose to Velcro the monitor to the flat panel where the CB used to be mounted.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:07 PM   #7

Well there you go , I obviously never got it and the girl on the phone insisted it was mounted on the dash so I finally gave up but now after you explained it I guess I'll try again. THANK YOU
Old 07-24-2021, 08:06 AM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Perfect timing (and bonus pictures for you).

I was walking the plant today to take a look at some wood changes and I walked past a coach that was in cabinet set. What struck me was how clean it was.

Our electrical people and cleaners get a bad rap (undeservedly in most cases). As I have mentioned several times, we blow out debris at 4+ different stages. BUT, if you have EVER had a home built...you know that dust settles for weeks, if not months after. In addition, that home never moves and cabinets are set AFTER the fact. In motorhomes the cabinets are OPEN boxes, filled with chases and other stuff connected to various different cavities. So, if we drill a hole for an outlet, some debris might settled on the top of backer or or in some cavity we can't get to, but when driving it all moves around.

These were pictures I snapped to highlight that. Plant was gone...I was just very impressed by how tidy the wires were and how clean it was, when clearly there were lots of holes cut and assembly done.

The plus side for you was that I instantly recognized the name Bergstom on the windshield as I know you have been waiting a very long time for this to start.
Very cool of you to post those pics. Buyer must be very excited seeing his 'baby' being born!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
We got our 2021 xl last January and didn't get a tire monitor even though when I called the factory they swear there's one in there . If you have one can you tell me where its mounted, THANKS
The dealer couldn't find ours either. That was in Feb 2021. It's on the list. I think they had just switched from a dash mounted TPMS.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:37 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Well there you go , I obviously never got it and the girl on the phone insisted it was mounted on the dash so I finally gave up but now after you explained it I guess I'll try again. THANK YOU
Well, not so fast.

On the XL, we used to get the factory TPMS. that is mounted on the dash near the radio. We were running TST on ALL the other models. The nice thing about the TST was that you could add sensors for a tow vehicle. So at one point we stopped getting the XL in from the factory and started using the TST version with mobile screen. I also liked the mobile screen as I could take it around with me in my hand as I inflated or deflated the tires. The dash mounted one did not do that.

If you give me the last (6) of your VIN we should be able to identify which it should have.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:46 AM   #11
Great Adventurers

Thumbs up Exemplary Work Ethics and Standards exhibited

Thanks for all the extra photos. We are honored by your response to our comments and questions. You certainly deserve the extra credit for keeping all of us well informed and to listen to all our out of line critiques and concerns.
We have followed other builds silently both with everyone's weekly photos and forum threads. We are now on the production line and look forward to the forum and Friday photos even more.
We agree that everything looks spic and span. I do cabinet and furniture woodworking. I know how hard it is to keep everything this clean. Side note: Years ago, we drove our home contractor crazy by vacuuming the bare stud wall areas on the weekends. We appreciated then and now the idea that even the inside voids of our walls remained clean and forever our of our minds. Our current RV gives up mystery screws and hardware with its use.
Great job to all for this high work ethic. BUT, that is why we chose you guys to make our dream RV. Your Electrical and Cabinet and the rest deserve high marks. It gives us the peace of mind by this example being the standard for everything else that being done to build our RV Home. Thank them all for us.
Carl and Liz Bergstrom
Blue Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 10:49 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bison View Post
Thanks for all the extra photos. We are honored by your response to our comments and questions. You certainly deserve the extra credit for keeping all of us well informed and to listen to all our out of line critiques and concerns.
We have followed other builds silently both with everyone's weekly photos and forum threads. We are now on the production line and look forward to the forum and Friday photos even more.
We agree that everything looks spic and span. I do cabinet and furniture woodworking. I know how hard it is to keep everything this clean. Side note: Years ago, we drove our home contractor crazy by vacuuming the bare stud wall areas on the weekends. We appreciated then and now the idea that even the inside voids of our walls remained clean and forever our of our minds. Our current RV gives up mystery screws and hardware with its use.
Great job to all for this high work ethic. BUT, that is why we chose you guys to make our dream RV. Your Electrical and Cabinet and the rest deserve high marks. It gives us the peace of mind by this example being the standard for everything else that being done to build our RV Home. Thank them all for us.
Carl and Liz Bergstrom
Well, just remember...there may be some "extra" screws or wire caps/wago's, etc hidden for your use. Just consider those a "spare parts kit". Every now and then someone gets lucky enough to get a free tool

Old 07-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Well, just remember...there may be some "extra" screws or wire caps/wago's, etc hidden for your use. Just consider those a "spare parts kit". Every now and then someone gets lucky enough to get a free tool
I watch this and wonder what mine will look like as it goes down the assembly line? But first, I must focus on the GarageMahal build that happens on 10 Sep. I wanted a nice home for my first coach!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Foundation.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	259735  
Old 07-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Well, not so fast.

On the XL, we used to get the factory TPMS. that is mounted on the dash near the radio. We were running TST on ALL the other models. The nice thing about the TST was that you could add sensors for a tow vehicle. So at one point we stopped getting the XL in from the factory and started using the TST version with mobile screen. I also liked the mobile screen as I could take it around with me in my hand as I inflated or deflated the tires. The dash mounted one did not do that.

If you give me the last (6) of your VIN we should be able to identify which it should have.

So, based on this post I should provide the disclaimer that ours is the TST with the mobile screen. Did not know, or I forgot, that previous models had the factory system since it was not on our 2018 XL. Sorry if I caused confusion.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
So, based on this post I should provide the disclaimer that ours is the TST with the mobile screen. Did not know, or I forgot, that previous models had the factory system since it was not on our 2018 XL. Sorry if I caused confusion.
In your defense...it sounds like our own people might be confused as well.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Well, not so fast.

Here you go MP1085 and thanks for looking into this
Old 07-24-2021, 02:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
I watch this and wonder what mine will look like as it goes down the assembly line? But first, I must focus on the GarageMahal build that happens on 10 Sep. I wanted a nice home for my first coach!
This is off topic but I have a 13' high door and with a small slope it's TIGHT! If I were building today I would get a taller door opening.

I think the spec height of the rig is 12' 9or10" (sat dome?) and with a little slope it makes it very slightly higher on the first end in.

I guarantee you that you and your rig will love the GarageMahal.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC D View Post
This is off topic but I have a 13' high door and with a small slope it's TIGHT! If I were building today I would get a taller door opening.

I think the spec height of the rig is 12' 9or10" (sat dome?) and with a little slope it makes it very slightly higher on the first end in.

I guarantee you that you and your rig will love the GarageMahal.
Thank you, my GarageMahal door guy said the doors had to be 14' high and I went with 14' wide ones too because my vision is not what it used to be Or I might still be flying Navy Carrier Jets!
Old 07-26-2021, 08:02 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Here you go MP1085 and thanks for looking into this
can you post a picture of the wheels. Front wheel showing the valve stem would work fine.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Lol, I was one of the lucky ones, I found an allen / star bit socket attached to a long flexible extension. It was in the back of the bedroom closet. Came in handy when I had to reattach the refrigerator bracket.
duneviper is offline   Reply With Quote