Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2020, 09:34 AM   #1

Thinking of going from an 2020.5 Isata 3 to a 5 30FW

Well, I have a 2020.5 Isata 3 that I got back in September and we really like it a lot. The new MB chassis has a lot of great stuff. That said we are already thinking of ordering an Isata 5 30 FW for various reasons including getting two new dogs and more room would be great. It's only money right?? Question I have is there is an option I have seen on other new units called "2-Stage Front Air Suspension (self leveling) with a msrp of $7788.00. Is this the Kelderman? Is this worth the upgrade? From some other posts sounds like the ride is greatly improved. Does the rear need anything? I would appreciate any feedback.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I'll let others comment on the ride, but I can confirm that it is the Kelderman.

there is a thread on here already with feedback though. That they felt the front made a big difference.

One note...I feel like the shorter units are not as heavy and so tire pressure plays a large roll and that the 2019 chassis rides softer in my mind than the 2018 chassis.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #3

[QUOTE=bclemens

One note...I feel like the shorter units are not as heavy and so tire pressure plays a large roll and that the 2019 chassis rides softer in my mind than the 2018 chassis.[/QUOTE]

When you say the 2019 chassis you mean the Dodge correct?
Old 02-27-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
Commercial Member

yes, we are talking about the 5 series correct?

Old 02-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
yes, we are talking about the 5 series correct?
Correct yes. Also can you still still order with the non electric theater seats, I like having the middle console between the two seats?

I am assuming the Equalizer leveling system is standard?

Also, could I also order with a separate coax run, like I did on my i3, for a portable sat dish?

Do you also have a ""oops I need a bigger RV upgrade program"". Haha
Old 02-27-2020, 10:11 AM   #6
Commercial Member

The theater seats I'm not sure, I think even on the non-power we ended up with no center console due to the smaller width. On the 24FW Isata 3 and 36DS Isata 5, they still have a center console.

We are working on separate coax already, but you can request to be safe.

Our "oops" program is still a work in progress. Unfortunately, its probably not the one you want. If we can get some more space, we would let repeat owners take a factory delivery and access to a tech for a day. Of course for a fee...maybe not the direction you were looking for.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:
I'll let others comment on the ride, but I can confirm that it is the Kelderman.

there is a thread on here already with feedback though. That they felt the front made a big difference.

One note...I feel like the shorter units are not as heavy and so tire pressure plays a large roll and that the 2019 chassis rides softer in my mind than the 2018 chassis.
This is my opinion only on the ride of the Isata 5 30FW. I personally see no need to make any changes to the suspension on mine.
It is very stable even in the mountains and rides semi-firm but totally comfortable even after 450 mile days and I'm 68. The longer units I can't speak for so that is another discussion.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #8

I like the factory delivery program idea
Old 02-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #9

I just upgraded from an Isata 3 to Isata 5. Sold the Isata 3 yesterday and pickup the new Isata 5 on March 11 (waiting for better weather).

We upgraded to get more space and optioned the electric recliners with heat/massage. I have not seen the finished product yet, but sure it will be up to Dynamax expectations.

We plan to take a factory tour on March 12 after we complete the PDI for the Isata 5 in Grand Rapids.

Here is a photo of the electric theater seats and our new ride sitting on the lot waiting for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1296D03E-1CD5-4A9A-AC35-311F34BCDDC8.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	224071   Click image for larger version

Name:	35F139A1-9933-439F-B5C4-167E5F90348C.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	379.1 KB
ID:	224072  
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #10

Nice, did you go with upgraded suspension in front?
Old 02-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #11

No, I did not. I had heard the 2019 chassis rides better and I am going to see how it performs before making that call. If I need the upgrade, I will take it to Kelderman in Iowa and probably have the front and the back done at the same time. I am hoping the ride will be satisfactory without the upgrade.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:22 PM   #12

Quote:
If we can get some more space, we would let repeat owners take a factory delivery and access to a tech for a day.
Definitely would have optioned the factory deliver if that was offered for repeat buyers. We are doing our PDI in Grand Rapids on March 11 and I just booked the factory tour on March 12 when we head back to Texas with the new Isata 5.

I guess we will have to wait for our future Dynaquest upgrade to get the factory delivery
Old 02-27-2020, 07:55 PM   #13

We have the small console between the theater seats in our 30FW. They were really tight and hard to recline so Greg's team moved the dinette bench in 1/2 inch for us and then they worked great!
Quote:
The theater seats I'm not sure, I think even on the non-power we ended up with no center console due to the smaller width. On the 24FW Isata 3 and 36DS Isata 5, they still have a center console.

We are working on separate coax already, but you can request to be safe.

Our "oops" program is still a work in progress. Unfortunately, its probably not the one you want. If we can get some more space, we would let repeat owners take a factory delivery and access to a tech for a day. Of course for a fee...maybe not the direction you were looking for.
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:27 PM   #14

I have the front and rear Kelderman system on my 2017 I5 DS.

My advice is drive the unit and make a decision based on your assessment of the ride. See if you can find one at a dealer. Try it over bumpy roads and bridge joints on the freeway.

I don't have info on the new chassis but the front axel weight rating was 7,250. Weigh your unit packed to determine front axel weight. Also look at the space between the bump stop and chassis. If very little space and if close to 7,250 ( assuming the same on 2020 units) you will get a ride benefit from installing the system. It can be installed after market if you choose not to order it from the factory.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmrut5 View Post
Well, I have a 2020.5 Isata 3 that I got back in September and we really like it a lot. The new MB chassis has a lot of great stuff. That said we are already thinking of ordering an Isata 5 30 FW for various reasons including getting two new dogs and more room would be great. It's only money right?? Question I have is there is an option I have seen on other new units called "2-Stage Front Air Suspension (self leveling) with a msrp of $7788.00. Is this the Kelderman? Is this worth the upgrade? From some other posts sounds like the ride is greatly improved. Does the rear need anything? I would appreciate any feedback.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:36 PM   #15

Sounds like the way to go