Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
I like to joke "I can spend $200 faster than I can wash the windshield"

On second thought I probably should revise that number with current trends...
I feel you there and I just have a diesel pickup. Funny story, earlier this week I went to fill up at self serve only fuel depot I use a lot. They just put brand new pumps in recently.

I pull up to the one I always use and start filling up. I glanced at the price on the pump as I was filling and it was cheaper than I have been paying anywhere recently.

It was then I caught the small print about the untaxed dyed diesel. And it is small. There are no indications like you see at other fuel places to alert you.

They never had off road diesel before they changed the pumps. I'm fairly confident I won't be the only one to make that mistake.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:29 AM   #22
Steve & Linda M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
If anyone has ever had the displeasure of having to fill up DEF and fuel in two different locations, I promise you will curse the day you bought that vehicle.

My Newmar diesel pusher was like that and I loathed it

Dumbest idea ever. I was so happy to find my DX3 had both DEF and fuel next to each other.

Mark
X2 on that !
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 11:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Interesting.

Their wheel base ratio is 59.1%

Our wheel base ratio's are...
61.1%
60.9%
57.0%
58.5%

But our wheel bases were all too short?
Yes Sir they are in comparable 39' rigs but your the expert so I cant argue.. It doesn't matter either way to most people. I still welcome Tiffin to the Super C market and am sure they will build a nice product....
Old 12-28-2021, 11:43 AM   #24

Ok, watched the video review. Outside of the annoying host and his tag along, the coach looked interesting. I will agree, shower is way small, and I am 5-7 under 160, and I would feel cramped. Not sure I understand the ability to walk in front t o the bed with the slide in, seems like magic. 12k tow, not enough for me.
But, this is why there is chocolate and vanilla ice cream, so good on them
Winder how the AC units perform?
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Who ever designed the rear fuel fill has never fueled at a truck stop. When the truck in front of you pulls up to let you fuel you won’t be able to pull up far enough to access the rear fill location. Dumb design.
This feature is enjoyed by I5 36’ DS owners. If the truck in front of you doesn’t allow for your rear fill you have to wait what seems like forever while he settles his bill.
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:01 PM   #26

For me being new to a motorhome purchase, Matt's RV reviews was helpful in that he always listed the specs and specifically called out 1 very important thing that I think people miss. O.C.C.C. I like many others, assumed truck chassis, lots of O.C.C.C. Saved me from a big mistake. Matt's early 2021 video of top 5 Super C's I somehow missed but just watched recently, was comparing Super C's and he had the Force in there. But it was an apples to oranges to raisins comparison. So I have since moved on. But glad I spent all that time even if it was to learn 2 things, OCCC and I didn't want basement doors that open UP!. Also do not want a rig that I cant fill up at the truck stop, who's going to ask the trucker behind you NOT to pull up when you pull almost out to get to the Fuel fill?
My 2 Cents.
Trialrun85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:12 PM   #27

IMHO using the S2RV Chassis is a mistake.

Other than that, looks like a nice rig.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 07:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by seels View Post
Please Cincinnati find a way to beat Alabama so I can hear one less week of roll tide
Maybe next year for you. ROLL TIDE

Reference the Tiffin entry, the waste tanks are smaller than they should be for a vehicle that size. I also tend not to get an "A" model of anything. Let others do the R&D.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythplaced View Post
IMHO using the S2RV Chassis is a mistake.

Other than that, looks like a nice rig.
X2

We had the opportunity to get the XL with the 112. Probably more power than we need but have never said I wish there was less.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Who ever designed the rear fuel fill has never fueled at a truck stop. When the truck in front of you pulls up to let you fuel you won’t be able to pull up far enough to access the rear fill location. Dumb design.
I'm not a fan of the single point fueling vs the two high speed fill tanks. Also.. do we know if that single point system can even take a high speed fill or does the oner have to use the auto lanes?
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
I'm not a fan of the single point fueling vs the two high speed fill tanks. Also.. do we know if that single point system can even take a high speed fill or does the oner have to use the auto lanes?

That would suck....
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:02 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Interesting.

Their wheel base ratio is 59.1%

Our wheel base ratio's are...
61.1%
60.9%
57.0%
58.5%

But our wheel bases were all too short?
would be nice to see dynamax Dynaquest xl 3801 ts 2022 reviews. It would be nice just to see the complete unit inside /outside.
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:04 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe padgett View Post
would be nice to see dynamax Dynaquest xl 3801 ts 2022 reviews. It would be nice just to see the complete unit inside /outside.
The best showroom I've seen is on a factory tour. Just about one of every model was in final finish. Call ahead to make sure the model you're interested in will be there. Take a ton of pictures and/or video so you know what's behind the walls.
MAC D is offline   Reply With Quote