Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 773
Tire pressure sensor needed?

I have determined that one of mine has failed but my dealer advises they are "unobtainable" so would like to search out an alternative source.

Does anyone have a P/N handy 2020 RAM 5500/Isata 5?

Update: RAM dealers will not disclose the part numbers they order under warranty (so my dealer tells me) so this request my be impossible to address.

Here is a clue JIC - 2 P/Ns are in the database for Rear - Inner - 5500: 68377549AE or 68455823AD but no hint as to which. I suspect the former is exclusive to the 3500 HD but....
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
I have determined that one of mine has failed but my dealer advises they are "unobtainable" so would like to search out an alternative source.

Does anyone have a P/N handy 2020 RAM 5500/Isata 5?

Update: RAM dealers will not disclose the part numbers they order under warranty (so my dealer tells me) so this request my be impossible to address.

Here is a clue JIC - 2 P/Ns are in the database for Rear - Inner - 5500: 68377549AE or 68455823AD but no hint as to which. I suspect the former is exclusive to the 3500 HD but....
We have 3 sensors which are Kaput and the last 4 dealers we called, while on the road, where laughing when we asked if they have them in stock. It will take a while, since apparently those sensors fall under the chip shortage category.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #3
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
We have 3 sensors which are Kaput and the last 4 dealers we called, while on the road, where laughing when we asked if they have them in stock. It will take a while, since apparently those sensors fall under the chip shortage category.
For sure - thanks. Do you know what P/N you are asking for?
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:30 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
For sure - thanks. Do you know what P/N you are asking for?
No idea what the P/N is, but all 4 dealers knew about the TPMS issues. Our dealer in CA kept telling us that resetting them is the fix, but after 3 visits we finally realized that they did not understand the issue. Hendricks in South Carolina told us the only fix is replacing all sensors. Those guys by far seemed to be the most competent service department we found along the way.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:46 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Lvnthedream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 129
Yes, Iím in the same boat, I have two that act up. Been on order for months. I havenít asked for the PN but will. Iím tired of the error message popping up.
__________________
2021 Isata 5, 34DS
Colorado
Lvnthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #6
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnthedream View Post
Yes, Iím in the same boat, I have two that act up. Been on order for months. I havenít asked for the PN but will. Iím tired of the error message popping up.
Mine started on my delivery ride. Followed by a segment 2 months later when 2 and then 3 went out. This was not replicated over subsequent segments. Function always returns when the tire cools down or the pressure drops below 103. But I was unwilling to wrestle with the dealer until I had to deal with extraordinary tire wear on the fronts and wanted an alignment. Turned out neither was possible because of the weight/height of the coach and as I have discovered, no parts.

Interesting enough, there are part numbers that address this function available from several dealers, namely: 2020 RAM 5500, Rear Inner sensors. I have identified 3 at least but am unwilling to order any or all 3 just because this is not a plug and play process requiring lengthy (get-in-line) visits to HD Truck Tire establishments with little time or patience for the amateurs.
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:17 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,708
Have you checked large tire store chains?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #8
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Have you checked large tire store chains?
I have ordered from the Mopar wholesalers and I have ordered from 2 but both have advised after taking the order that delivery is indefinite. None of the retail tire guys handle these as they do not service OTR tires at all.

Have to go through HD Truck stores but they do not handle little trucks (RAM, Ford and Duramax) although they do sell and service 19.5" OTR tires.
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:17 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
How about a aftermarket one
https://www.truckid.com/standard/tpm...&url=140585532
merchjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:24 PM   #10
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchjo View Post
These have a terrible reputation as not only Chinese rejects (the ones they cannot sell as branded products because they do not meet OEM tolerances) but also not compatible with the changing and various OEM receiver set up. The OEMs change the frequency, the coding and the data packet format from model to model and even tire to tire. Thus the P/Ns for front, rear, aluminum and steel wheels are different and vary from pre 2019 to post June 2021. Plus there also seems to be differences between the RAM 3500 HD and the 5500 C&C.

Lastly this is not just an issue of fitting them and seeing if you get a reading. The vehicle has to be driven at a constant speed for 20 minutes to communicate with the in cab receiver. So if you get it wring its back to the tire shop which for an inner wheel is a ton of work. Not in my budget.
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 106
Try Rock Auto.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...)+sensor,12036
__________________
Rick
Deerfield, WI

Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
and
Leisure Travel Vans U24MB
hunterrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:59 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
These have a terrible reputation as not only Chinese rejects (the ones they cannot sell as branded products because they do not meet OEM tolerances) but also not compatible with the changing and various OEM receiver set up. The OEMs change the frequency, the coding and the data packet format from model to model and even tire to tire. Thus the P/Ns for front, rear, aluminum and steel wheels are different and vary from pre 2019 to post June 2021. Plus there also seems to be differences between the RAM 3500 HD and the 5500 C&C.

Lastly this is not just an issue of fitting them and seeing if you get a reading. The vehicle has to be driven at a constant speed for 20 minutes to communicate with the in cab receiver. So if you get it wring its back to the tire shop which for an inner wheel is a ton of work. Not in my budget.



I was just trying to help
merchjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:26 PM   #13
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterrick View Post
Thanks, they have the earlier models for the pre-2019 C&C and post 2019 2500 gasser SW RAM trucks. Unfortunately not the utility trucks.
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
porsche84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: North Port, FL
Posts: 136
I bought a used Isata 4 early this year and it came with 6 spare sensors, TST IL-6 0618 (different than the sensors on the RV, but same brand TST). No idea if they work, but if they match the one you are looking for, I'd be happy to loan one or two and you return them when you get your new replacement

Jerry
__________________
Jerry Austin
2018 Dynamax Isata 4 25 FW
2011 Rubicon
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:31 PM   #15
Norwood Auto Italia
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Montana & TX
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche84 View Post
I bought a used Isata 4 early this year and it came with 6 spare sensors, TST IL-6 0618 (different than the sensors on the RV, but same brand TST). No idea if they work, but if they match the one you are looking for, I'd be happy to loan one or two and you return them when you get your new replacement

Jerry
Thanks however the Isata 5 needs sensors that specific to the RAM 5500 chassis, and often the year too. So none of us are free to do plug and play switching. I use TST sensors on my Toad and TPS Sensors on my trailer and neither are interchangeable although they look identical. And none of the these are interchangeable with the sensors supplied with my Toad Rv2 braking system even though they look the same as the other 2.

Its a forest out there!
__________________
2000 Sportsmobile E350 EB
2006 Renegade/Peterbilt K1854 and T1220
2021 Isata 5 28SS Explorer
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:34 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
FOURWHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,878
If you're already using TST why not just throw sensors on the Ram and use the TST fully?
__________________
2016 Dynamax DX3 - Big Blue

Full-time Dynamax Resident
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:09 AM   #17
Motorized GM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, IN
Posts: 16,136
I think Ram can disable the TPMS in the software if the light is an issue.
__________________
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 517
See my post about TPMS here.... had all 6 replaced...they can be obtained.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...rs-237562.html
__________________
2021 (Dec) Dynamax Isata 30 FW Xplorer
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:26 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
TrailWayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think Ram can disable the TPMS in the software if the light is an issue.
I asked my Ram dealer about disabling the factory TPMS last year and was told they are unable to since its considered a safety feature. I've learned to just ignore the warnings when they occur and tap the steering wheel arrow to restore my preferred dash view. It's not terribly inconvenient.

With the TST system the factory set-up is redundant and unnecessary since the TST also covers my TOAD.
__________________
-Brian

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:35 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
I asked my Ram dealer about disabling the factory TPMS last year and was told they are unable to since its considered a safety feature. I've learned to just ignore the warnings when they occur and tap the steering wheel arrow to restore my preferred dash view. It's not terribly inconvenient.

With the TST system the factory set-up is redundant and unnecessary since the TST also covers my TOAD.
Folks have been able to to it on the 4th gen rams using certain non dealer scan tools. Dealer won't even adjust pressures anymore (the ability got removed from their witech software)
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire, pressure

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.