Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2021, 04:19 PM   #21
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
I have had the problem from day 1 driving home from dealer... freaked me out .
Was able to get dealer to replace 1 front sensor with bad codes. Another dealer got me 4 sensors for rear but hasn't installed them .
It's a commonly known problem. Bring them to dealer and complain. Take pictures of monitor when they fail.
Even taking a picture does not help because there is no code and without that or not working at the dealership, my service Advisor said he could not order replacements. However he also said that even if he did order them, he could not fit them as his shop is not equipped to work on "commercial" tires largely because none of his fleet buyers would ever pay his prices for such work anyway. He also said that his commercial customers are just expensing the sensors and getting generics fitted by their tire shops and getting their warranty on the generics from them.

Seems like Ram never thought about the implications of private users of a commercial chassis as it relates to the tires. Not unusual IMO, as most large companies are seldom actual users of their own products and struggle to think through the gotcha issues until...well they become a gotcha. Whereupon the ducking and diving starts. Its exceptional that the Dynamax team actually use their coaches and take owner feedback seriously.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:54 PM   #22

Update on tire pressure sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomxb View Post
Thank you and you’re welcome to check mine out anytime. I have it in my home for the next 30 days or so and then I’ll be looking for some space to store for year-round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomxb View Post
I just picked up my new 2021 34DS and had the same problem driving from FL to NH
I have an appointment with a Ram dealer in 2 weeks to take a look at it.
My dealer checked them and told me the sensors are all good and that there’s a bulletin out talking about electrical interference causing problems. It sounds like every dealer has a different solution to the issue or a cause for it. I know we have five out of six working. I’ll keep bringing up the problem every time I go to the dealer for some other maintenance.
tomxb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, tpms