Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2022, 02:44 PM   #1
Jim & Gerry

TPMS questions

Now that I am having to take care of the DX3 by myself; I have so many questions. Thanks in advance for all those who have been helping me.

My TPMS has lost contact with the two sensors on the inside dual tires. Do they have batteries that need replacing? If yes, what batteries do I need to get? Are they easy to change?

2020 DX3, 37TS.

Getting it ready for my first solo trip in it. In an earlier post, let everyone know that Jim passed away before Christmas. He would want me to continue camping, so am going to take it to Colorado for a few months. The rig has been solid, very few problems so I feel ok doing this. Some camping friends are going to meet me and we will travel together.

Thanks again, Gerry
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:44 PM   #2
Commercial Member

There is no factory installed TPMS on the Freightliner M2 exactly.

A Freightliner dealer can order them as an option, but what you actually get is a "PDI Center" installed aftermarket system from bendix. We did that for a while on the M2-112.

However if you have an Dynamax optioned TPMS system, what you actually have a TST (Truck Systems Technologies) product, likely the 507 series with flow through sensor.

There should be a manual on it...but if not there is one online. https://forestriverinc.help/#/dynama...manuals/Safety

That is a quick start that points out a "banded" system, but since yours has metal stems it would be the pass through, not banded.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 04:04 PM   #3

TST sensors use a CR-1632 battery (which is a bit smaller than the CR-2032), I believe there is also an o-ring that needs to be replaced at the same time as it's under a battery door and dries out over time. Pretty good chance you'll have a flow thru TPMS sensor, may also be tough to get to to replace battery without removing it from the valve stem first.

The TST looks to be very nice stuff IMO. I've added TPMS caps to my flatbed and it's nice, I can just grab the portable display and stick it in my Ram to keep an eye on those while going down the road.

Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 04:09 PM   #4

Thank you all for correcting me! I was going off the manufacturers website that showed TPMS as installed equipment. However, external sensors with the 1632 battery would certainly explain why it didn't last as long as a factory internal sensor.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:36 PM   #5

If it turns out to be the TST they have a kit that has o-rings and new screws if needed etc when you replace.

Have the cap ones on our forester and the batteries are good for about two years so that is most likely why you lost the connection.

Not a difficult process to replace batteries and o-rings just small parts.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:10 AM   #6
Jim & Gerry

Update- solution

It was the batteries in the tire monitor. Ordered the batteries and o rings— my grandson replaced this in all of the tire monitors. I was surprised at how quickly he was able to access and change the batteries- He was able to easily reach all of them including the inside tires.

Leaving on my first solo trip in less than a week. DX3 in good shape- no,problems! Good, solid rig.

Thanks to everyone,

Gerry
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:16 AM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovnOn View Post
It was the batteries in the tire monitor. Ordered the batteries and o rings— my grandson replaced this in all of the tire monitors. I was surprised at how quickly he was able to access and change the batteries- He was able to easily reach all of them including the inside tires.

Leaving on my first solo trip in less than a week. DX3 in good shape- no,problems! Good, solid rig.

Thanks to everyone,

Gerry
Soooooooo…….

Is packing your grandson on board part of your packing list now????

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:58 AM   #8

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Tags
question, questions, tpms