Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2021, 01:16 PM   #101
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The SIM card has always been in the router. We changed from the Connect 2.0 to the Winegard 360 with router so that the Sim card swap could be done from INSIDE the motorhome instead of the roof.

Page 17 of the manual shows how to remove the gateway and install an alternate SIM card.
That is an improvement. Getting that card into the Connect 2 with an adaptor was a "fun" experience.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #102
Señor Miembro

Fuse and/or switch location?

After getting my 2019 XL37BH back from the factory warranty repair, the directconnect is Dead On Arrival. No led lights lit on the dome. Does anyone have any idea where there is a switch for it in this model coach or to which number fuse in the panel it's connected? The repair tech and I are striking out.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:09 PM   #103
Commercial Member

switch is on the same plate as the Winegard TV antenna. TV antenna is the left side, wifi is right side.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:36 PM   #104
Señor Miembro

Found the switch

Thanks BC, I finally found the switch you described cleverly hidden behind Cab over bunk TV when we removed the TV to look at the awning circuits again.
Where is it in a rig without the cab over and why isn't in the same spot?
Old 04-14-2021, 06:29 PM   #105
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
Thanks BC, I finally found the switch you described cleverly hidden behind Cab over bunk TV when we removed the TV to look at the awning circuits again.
Where is it in a rig without the cab over and why isn't in the same spot?
It was up in that same area on a non-cabover, but we have since redesigned the entry tower and we place it in that tower right by the door on all models.

So, it is in the same spot....now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab-Over.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	251996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Non-cab-over.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	251997  

Old 04-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #106

Want to install Verizon SIM card in the connect 2. Instructions say to turn off power. Is there a separate power switch for the winegard? The button on the switch place doesn’t seem to do anything. If I change out the SIM card without turning off unit could there be a problem?
Old 04-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #107
Señor Miembro

Yes, shut it off. When you press the button on the switch plate, it should turn off the led light on the DirectConnect on roof. If you have power to it, there is a chance of shorting something in SIM card or unit. Not high chance but for the cost to replace (not covered under warranty) well worth making the effort to shut it off.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #108

So the green light on the plate stays on when power is off and I need to be up at the rooftop to tell if it is off?
Old 04-27-2021, 08:18 AM   #109
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhead417 View Post
So the green light on the plate stays on when power is off and I need to be up at the rooftop to tell if it is off?
There should be TWO green lights. Left is TV antenna, right is WiFi. Or just disconnect the plate altogether.

Old 04-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #110

Any thoughts of looking at the new WiFiRanger applications? WiFiRanger is now a Winegard company and the recently released “Everest” unit looks interesting. I had a WiFiRanger Elite AC Pack on my Airstream for several years before the Dynamax and it worked flawlessly.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #111
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Any thoughts of looking at the new WiFiRanger applications? WiFiRanger is now a Winegard company and the recently released “Everest” unit looks interesting. I had a WiFiRanger Elite AC Pack on my Airstream for several years before the Dynamax and it worked flawlessly.
Not at this time. The goal was to eliminate a roof penetration. We had radio antenna, TV antenna and were looking at the wifi ranger. The 360 gave us all of that in one device, one penetration of wires.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #112

I'm having the same issue with my Winegard, have two green lights on panel, 12v going into the antenna on top. Have talked to Winegard multiple times without success. Thinking about changing the wires (reverse polarity). Are you talking about behind the switch?and is there a chance it fries anything?
Geaux_Jeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:24 AM   #113
Norwood Auto Italia

First check you have both a black and red spade connector on terminals which are not marked. If not connect the unconnected wire to the vacant male connector. If both are connected try reversing them.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #114

Some of the nighthawks have antenna connections behind rubber plugs. Dies the jetpack? The winegard 360+ has antenna leads to connect to their gateway that can be adapted. Not sure about the connect version.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #115

The gateway for the 360+ is VERY dated and $300. Trying to determine if the antenna connections can be used with something worthwhile.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #116

Thanks everyone. I revised the wires and that worked. Now off to the next adventure. Trying to get the winegard satellite to work, its not tracking. Think its not getting any power. But first a
Geaux_Jeaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winegard