Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #1

Truma Comfort missing control panel

Just had some warranty work done on my Truma Comfort. Only issue is that technician said whoever installed it did not install the Comfort control panel. All I have is on/off switch. He said control panel comes with it and doesn’t know why they didn’t install it...would have been easy install. If you have any control switches lying around at Dynamax (eco, winter, clean) lying around, I would love to have one!
Kimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimjim View Post
Just had some warranty work done on my Truma Comfort. Only issue is that technician said whoever installed it did not install the Comfort control panel. All I have is on/off switch. He said control panel comes with it and doesn’t know why they didn’t install it...would have been easy install. If you have any control switches lying around at Dynamax (eco, winter, clean) lying around, I would love to have one!
Supposedly there was a small window of time that they did not come with (as in Truma didn't make them part of the kit but they were an add on) the inside controller. My 2017 I5 doesn't have the controller inside but it is a comfort model.

If we were supposed to have them it would indeed be great if Dynamax could send them to us.
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:13 PM   #3

Do I understand whomever installed your Truma Water Heater did not install the typical Truma device and just an on off switch??

No way to run the decalcification or other modes.. Whoa well then ridiculous..

If you are looking for some they are on ebay and Truma has a really good customer Service, Im sure they would get one to you for a price..
I feel for ya that is inexcusable not to install it.
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #4
Commercial Member

1. The technician is mistaken, they are not "supposed" to come with one, it is a separate part number and added separately.

2. They originally were not even available with the round dial. They only started adding the dial so that the end user could put the water heater in "cleaning/decalcification" mode.

3. It literally just plugs into a data port inside the water heater. We stopped using them because of two reasons.
a. often times people would put it in cleaning mode by accident and then it is not usable until you let it run its course.
b. the switch had brushes in it to save cost, so it would often not know "what position" it was in when power got shut off. So people thought it was broken...but if you turn it off, then on, then off then on "slowly" or tap on it, it might power up.

The outside ON/OFF....just works. Up is for Eco Mode, down is for Comfort mode. Depending on what year your motorhome is, we may be shipping them loose, I would look around the coach.

Pre 2019, I don't think they came with one. For a couple of years we installed them, 2021, I think we started shipping them loose just in case you wanted to put it in cleaning mode. Plug it on and it just bypasses the on/off switch.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak480 View Post
Supposedly there was a small window of time that they did not come with (as in Truma didn't make them part of the kit but they were an add on) the inside controller. My 2017 I5 doesn't have the controller inside but it is a comfort model.

If we were supposed to have them it would indeed be great if Dynamax could send them to us.
Agreed, never knew that they did not provide them and were an add on, that complete surprises me that they could ever be installed without one (kit or not)
Old 04-13-2021, 02:24 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo44 View Post
Do I understand whomever installed your Truma Water Heater did not install the typical Truma device and just an on off switch??

No way to run the decalcification or other modes.. Whoa well then ridiculous..

If you are looking for some they are on ebay and Truma has a really good customer Service, Im sure they would get one to you for a price..
I feel for ya that is inexcusable not to install it.
PS. There is no "just on/off". IF the Truma does not have a wall control, then i reverts back to the original design. Eco is UP, Comfort is DOWN...even if the new stickers just say ON. The old sticker said "Eco" in the up position, Comfort in the "Down" position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truma Switch.png
Views:	301
Size:	522.2 KB
ID:	251890  

Old 04-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #7

Maybe someone will open up their fancy switch or at least probe the wires with a meter and we could figure out how it works. Then we could possibly (if it is a simple device and doesn't have any fancy computer in it) just engineer our own, especially for the folks who just would plug in to enable the decalcification mode. I'd gladly take just a simple switch to plug in that only enabled that.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #8

bclemens
Thanks never knew that...
I have the luxury of a Truma dial/switch on my AquaGo to "tell me" what to do and I have the same on/off/on switch on my unit you show in your photo
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2021, 02:39 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
bclemens
I have the luxury of a Truma dial/switch on my AquaGo to "tell me" what to do and I have the same on/off/on switch on my unit you show in your photo
Yes...we were installing the switch, until we kept getting complaints about it not working. Then we had customers just "unplugging" the switch as the fix.

With the dial, that becomes the control. Without the dial, it reverts to the outside switch. That is why we started shipping them loose. You can use it when you need it, but you are not relying on it until they come up with something more reliable. maybe we got a bad batch.

If you want to get really fancy...they have this one that works as well.

CP plus | Truma

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/ga...%93-inet-ready

Supposedly if you never had one, you can get one from a Truma Dealer.

2. 77000-00089 Truma AquaGo Control Panel
3. 36100-03 Control Panel Cable

Old 04-13-2021, 03:45 PM   #10

Mine had the dial and it was a pain. I unplugged it and used the switch on the inside panel. I left the switch on the outside on comfort. Worked great that way.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:43 AM   #11

This is all good information for those of us who did not have a good dealer show us how this works. I did know here was a eco and comfort mode. Is comfort always on and eco only when you turn on water? If that is the case, in comfort do you not need to run the water as much to get it to come out hot?
Old 04-14-2021, 08:03 AM   #12

Clipped from a review of the Truma -

AquaGo Comfort Plus “Eco” & “Comfort” Modes

With the Comfort Plus model we have a control panel to click the AquaGo into different modes. In “Eco” mode, the unit operates like a standard, tankless water heater where the heating unit starts up when water starts flowing. This takes a little bit of time to heat up – maybe about 15-20 seconds – and then you get hot water at your faucet. It saves propane but uses a bit more water.

In “Comfort” mode (2nd option), the small tank in the unit heats water to above 102F prior to the ask for water, so it’s already hot when you turn the faucet on! The heating of this tank takes very little time. This uses more propane (a little) but saves water usage, which is great if you’re out boondocking.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:18 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnthedream View Post
This is all good information for those of us who did not have a good dealer show us how this works. I did know here was a eco and comfort mode. Is comfort always on and eco only when you turn on water? If that is the case, in comfort do you not need to run the water as much to get it to come out hot?
As mentioned in post #6. Eco is UP, Comfort is DOWN.

Also explained in this video.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:27 AM   #14

Thank you Milkman and BC. Great video. I’ve been running in eco mode now I know I’d rather run in comfort. It’s too bad they didn’t keep the labels on the switch, I would have know there was a difference between the on and on.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnthedream View Post
Thank you Milkman and BC. Great video. I’ve been running in eco mode now I know I’d rather run in comfort. It’s too bad they didn’t keep the labels on the switch, I would have know there was a difference between the on and on.
We were getting those stickers in and putting them on, but they run us out from time to time. That is also why I did the video to compare the two in the real world.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:39 AM   #16

Quote:
bclemens
Also the switch position just above the cleaning function is for the heated filter unit which I bought from Truma direct.
If the temperatures you are traveling in are sub freezing it keep the water in the Truma warm to avoid freezing and bursting the small water tank. I really enjoy the peace of mind.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We were getting those stickers in and putting them on, but they run us out from time to time. That is also why I did the video to compare the two in the real world.
Any chance those of us who didn't get a sticker could get one thrown in an envelope and mailed to us?
Old 04-14-2021, 12:30 PM   #18
Commercial Member

You could reach out to the parts people on our website. While they likely may not have any idea about it, I will let them know.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You could reach out to the parts people on our website. While they likely may not have any idea about it, I will let them know.
Thanks for looking out for the end user. Support like this is part of why the ISATA 5 was the only coach I would consider.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:59 PM   #20

I had one installed at the dealer and it doesn’t have any inside controls. Just the outside switch that always stays in comfort mode. Works great.
ablarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel