Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2019, 09:57 AM   #1

Truma dead

Hi again, fun times on our big family trip with no hot water. Again I apologize but I searched and found no Truma troubleshoots for this plainly posted.

Truma is dead. No LED indicator at all. Also Dynamax needs to provide schematics for all this stuff, including for example the matrix tv switcher or label the in/outs.

Yes I read the Truma manual, and it's not a lot of help except check your power.

Any tips or just have no hot water? Man I rented a cheap rv with standard water heater and well, it worked all the time.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:17 AM   #2

Have you checked the setting on the Precision Plex wall touch screen? There is a place there to turn the water heater on and off. Your other post about trouble with the PP system is a bit suspicious. If that is messing with the lights, it could have messed with the water heater switching as well. By the way, check the PP panel in the wet bay and make sure the display is working on that...if it's blank then that panel is out and it will interfere with everything Precision Plex.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:00 PM   #3

Danny Allan On the Truma: Ensure water heater is on in the Precision Plex. Turn the Truma round dial in the house to Off. Go outside and open the Truma cover. Turn the toggle switch off. Count to 30 secs or so. Turn the Toggle switch back on up or down does not matter. Go inside turn the Round Dial up to on. Push on the round dial until it lights up. You'll now have hot water. If it turns off again or you see flashing lights at the round switch in the coach it again, Then Go outside and look at the light flashing inside the Truma box. Count the dashes and dots. Then go to your manual and read what the error code is. To reset it, turn all off, then turn PP on first, then the outside toggle switch and finally the round dial inside. You may also have to ‘push’ on that round switch to get the power light to come on. I had to replace the electronic board in mine. Called Truma and they FEDEX'd one right out to me. Install was easy. Good luck.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratbros View Post
Have you checked the setting on the Precision Plex wall touch screen? There is a place there to turn the water heater on and off. Your other post about trouble with the PP system is a bit suspicious. If that is messing with the lights, it could have messed with the water heater switching as well. By the way, check the PP panel in the wet bay and make sure the display is working on that...if it's blank then that panel is out and it will interfere with everything Precision Plex.
thank you! The first and only of my major problems fixed. Seriously Dynamax needs to write a simplified operations manual on just the basics. See the owners manuals for more detail, but give an easy two page sheet on functions.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
thank you! The first and only of my major problems fixed. Seriously Dynamax needs to write a simplified operations manual on just the basics. See the owners manuals for more detail, but give an easy two page sheet on functions.
There are some good videos about the Truma and other subjects on the Dynamax Web site and on their Facebook page too.

Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:43 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
There are some good videos about the Truma and other subjects on the Dynamax Web site and on their Facebook page too.

^^THIS^^

There is no possible way for us to address every single item. Where do we draw the line between "common sense" like, check the breaker or check a fuse and other things. What we have tried to do is add more videos. In fact the video Casey is referring to addresses this very issue (Make sure it is on at the touch panel). That video is on the Facebook page, it is also posted on the Dynamax web site, we are now including it with the Flash drives (so it can be played on the dash radio) and we are starting to make it available on the online owners manual.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote