Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #1

Truma switch question

I'm still learning how to turn things on and off. I'm not quite up to speed on the TRUMA. I turn the switch on the Truma (outside behind the cover) to 'On' up or down doesn't matter? Then power up on the Hot Water Heater on the 'Precision Plex', then go to the round wall switch in the bedroom, rotate the switch up to one of two on settings? Do I then 'push' on the center of the round knob to actually activate the switch? If I do, sometimes it lights up, sometimes it doesn't. Am I doing all this the correct way?

Newbie with Truma...
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
Commercial Member

1. Just leave the multiplex side on ALL the time. That is first...that just says "OK, go ahead and provide power to the water heater". I am having this taken off of multiplex. The thought was we would eventually control through there, but Truma has no interest in opening either architecture to the multiplex guys.

2. Turn on the switch at the water heater (outside). Leave that on ALL THE TIME,unless you are going to store the unit for long periods of time.

3. finally use the rotary switch for day to day operation. It is a "accelerometer" switch...or something like that (I forget the term they used). So there is not really a "contact-contact-contact". So sometimes, if you lose power, the switch forgets where it was. So, if there is an issue. turn it off. Turn out outside power off. Then turn back on outside first (like a reboot). Then turn the dial to Eco-Or comfort. Being that there is no "contact" spots...that switch can be a little touchy.

Also...as a side note. BEFORE the rotary switch inside that added the "Clean mode", the outside switch was all that controlled the water heater. UP was Eco, DOWN was Comfort. That switching control has not changed. So if there is ever a major issue with the switch. Unplug it and it will default back to the main water heater control. A tech then needed to put it into "clean mode" which is why they offered up with switch.

But as they say, great power comes with great responsibility

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. Just leave the multiplex side on ALL the time. That is first...that just says "OK, go ahead and provide power to the water heater". I am having this taken off of multiplex. The thought was we would eventually control through there, but Truma has no interest in opening either architecture to the multiplex guys.

2. Turn on the switch at the water heater (outside). Leave that on ALL THE TIME,unless you are going to store the unit for long periods of time.

3. finally use the rotary switch for day to day operation. It is a "accelerometer" switch...or something like that (I forget the term they used). So there is not really a "contact-contact-contact". So sometimes, if you lose power, the switch forgets where it was. So, if there is an issue. turn it off. Turn out outside power off. Then turn back on outside first (like a reboot). Then turn the dial to Eco-Or comfort. Being that there is no "contact" spots...that switch can be a little touchy.

Also...as a side note. BEFORE the rotary switch inside that added the "Clean mode", the outside switch was all that controlled the water heater. UP was Eco, DOWN was Comfort. That switching control has not changed. So if there is ever a major issue with the switch. Unplug it and it will default back to the main water heater control. A tech then needed to put it into "clean mode" which is why they offered up with switch.

But as they say, great power comes with great responsibility
We’ve learned with ours when you turn it on it does not always respond. We just turn it off and back on(with the rotary switch)and it comes on. It may be as BC says it does this after its lost power. Never paid any attention to when it does this. We’re just used to it working this way.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
We’ve learned with ours when you turn it on it does not always respond. We just turn it off and back on(with the rotary switch)and it comes on. It may be as BC says it does this after its lost power. Never paid any attention to when it does this. We’re just used to it working this way.
My rotary switch does the EXACT same thing. I need to always turn it on and off a couple of times before the little glowing light comes on. Then works perfectly.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemdd View Post
My rotary switch does the EXACT same thing. I need to always turn it on and off a couple of times before the little glowing light comes on. Then works perfectly.
Ditto. Seems more like English than German wiring?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:19 AM   #6

I will also add- if you put it into clean mode-(by accident) even for a second or two the only way out is to run 10 plus gallons of water through the water heater. It does not matter if you disconnect power, move the switch or stand on you head-

Tags
switch