Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #41
Commercial Member

I have a video shot, but I am going to try and add some graphics to it as well.

The plan is to show the Coax system, like the nervous system of the body. Then when you power up the booster signal, how that changes the flow of data from the park cable to the roof mounted antenna for over the air channels.

Maybe do the same thing for the HDMI matrix...and then once we feel good about all of that, tackle the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 that we're installing these days.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I have a video shot, but I am going to try and add some graphics to it as well.

The plan is to show the Coax system, like the nervous system of the body. Then when you power up the booster signal, how that changes the flow of data from the park cable to the roof mounted antenna for over the air channels.

Maybe do the same thing for the HDMI matrix...and then once we feel good about all of that, tackle the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 that we're installing these days.
Make sure your return audio bypasses the HDMI matrix. If you rely on just HDMI from wall radio to matrix to tv, you'll lose your audio every time you switch HDMI sources. Not a problem if you rely on analog, optical or coax for primary audio.
JEB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #43

Quote:
The OP does not have the Jensen wall mount. He has one of the earlier Samsung Home Theater In a Box systems we are installing. So it is more of a table-top Blue Ray player with a built in home theater receiver.
caseymeyers. Now that I know what you have, here is what I recommend for the most stable hookup. Buy an optical (aka s/pdif) cable and run it from the optical out on your TV to the optical in on your Samsung DVD/HTIB. Go into the user setup menu on your Samsung and select "sound" and and then "audio return channel." Make sure it is set to "auto," not "on." Auto will disable the optical port. Then make sure your HDMI cable is plugged into whichever port on your TV is labeled ARC (if there is one). If ARC is available and enabled on your TV, this should give you two signal paths for sound with the Samsung selecting automatically whichever one is active.
JEB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #44

TV sound thru the ceiling speakers

We had the same problem in our 2013 Minilite. TV sound was too low to hear clearly even on high. I finally tried a single wire from the earphone out jack on the TV to the Accessory In on the radio/stereo. Sound Source on radio was set to Accessory. Presto - TV sound from the stereo. I picked up the cable with the proper ends at an electronics store. Good luck.
cromhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #45

Mine came with a built in Furrion Sound System, am/fm radio, bluetooth connection for iphone, usb slot for mp3s and aux mode. I simply ran a stereo cord from the tv to the sound system. Much better and don't have to blare out over the AC.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:28 PM   #46

Update to all for all your help with my TV problems

Just came back from a week of 4 wheeling up in Utah. During that trip I spent 3 days (with my brothers help) trouble shooting all the problems I'm having with my TV system. As this thread will say I installed a new TV in the entertainment center I put in over the cab. Since then I've struggled with getting the Samsung Home Theater, the sound bar I installed and the TV to work consistently as they should. Always doubting my skill at hooking up TV's and such; I've moved coax and HDMI cables hundreds of times it seems trying to figure out why my system doesn't work and then sometimes parts of it will work.

In my experience it is usually something simple. Well this time it was a bad HDMI cable, simple. A cable connector that apparently has a bent pin that will sometimes make a connection and sometimes not. My brother and I put in a new cable as a last resort in our trouble shooting effort and everything now works as it should.

I can now use the TV remote to select source, OTA or Cable and in both cases the TV sound comes through my Samsung sound bar. If I power on the Samsung Home Theater and then use the TV remote to select that HDMI source I can watch a movie and the sound comes from all of those speakers in the ceiling. It's freaking magic sometimes...

Thanks to you all for your advice on here. Happy camper now!

P.S. BC, why does my patio radio steal my iPhone signal and the sound comes through the ceiling speakers when I'm trying to answer my phone? I turned that radio off and have the face plate off and it still takes over my phone. And I've told my phone more than once to "forget this device". I'm thinking of cutting the wires...
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #47
Commercial Member

The patio radio to my knowledge is not even connected to the inside speakers. I would venture to say it is another device...the blue ray can stream via bluetooth...you sure its not that one?

Old 01-29-2019, 08:17 PM   #48

Quote:
The patio radio to my knowledge is not even connected to the inside speakers. I would venture to say it is another device...the blue ray can stream via bluetooth...you sure its not that one?
OK, BC I have a new challenge for you. I just went over and confirmed the culprit, it is the patio radio. If I'm in the coach and I get an incoming call the patio radio has somehow paired with my phone (I didn't do it). I can answer the call the caller can barely hear me and I can hear the caller on the ceiling speakers in the coach but not on my phone, so the radio has control now. If I go into Bluetooth and ask Bluetooth to forget the device (AVS500BT is how it's listed on my bluetooth phone list of devices), then I can use my phone. And as you can see from the photos, I don't even have the faceplate on the radio and have never even turned it on. The only info I can find in the manual about the radio connecting to my phone is on page 16 under 'BT' Function, but it doesn't tell you how to turn it off, it's default is auto pair I guess. I suspect it was designed to give a consumer 'hands free' phone use in a car. I can't find out how to make the Radio forget me. Every time the coach is powered up the radio sneaks up behind me and pairs with my phone even though I have frequently told it to forget that device. And I'll add that I've turned the radio off and pulled off the face plate off and as far as answering calls the radio is still on. What are you thinking, pull the fuze?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2540.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	195642   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2541.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	195643  
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 01-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #49

My phone has a list of Bluetooth devices and it lists AVS400BT as being connected when this occurs. I've never told it to connect, does it all by it's self.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 01-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #50
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
OK, BC I have a new challenge for you. I just went over and confirmed the culprit, it is the patio radio. If I'm in the coach and I get an incoming call the patio radio has somehow paired with my phone (I didn't do it). I can answer the call the caller can barely hear me and I can hear the caller on the ceiling speakers in the coach but not on my phone, so the radio has control now. If I go into Bluetooth and ask Bluetooth to forget the device (AVS500BT is how it's listed on my bluetooth phone list of devices), then I can use my phone. And as you can see from the photos, I don't even have the faceplate on the radio and have never even turned it on. The only info I can find in the manual about the radio connecting to my phone is on page 16 under 'BT' Function, but it doesn't tell you how to turn it off, it's default is auto pair I guess. I suspect it was designed to give a consumer 'hands free' phone use in a car. I can't find out how to make the Radio forget me. Every time the coach is powered up the radio sneaks up behind me and pairs with my phone even though I have frequently told it to forget that device. And I'll add that I've turned the radio off and pulled off the face plate off and as far as answering calls the radio is still on. What are you thinking, pull the fuze?
I would say that is impossible. However, I have been around long enough to never say that. I guess, the easiest, temporary solution is to turn off Bluetooth. I'll see if I can recreate that issue on Thursday...we're shut down today for cold-mageddon.

Are you sure you're not just hearing the outside speakers...inside? they do sit inset to the outside compartment. Otheriwise, I have no idea why the interior ceiling speakers would be connected to the outside radio.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #51

Quote:
I would say that is impossible. However, I have been around long enough to never say that. I guess, the easiest, temporary solution is to turn off Bluetooth. I'll see if I can recreate that issue on Thursday...we're shut down today for cold-mageddon.

Are you sure you're not just hearing the outside speakers...inside? they do sit inset to the outside compartment. Otheriwise, I have no idea why the interior ceiling speakers would be connected to the outside radio.
I can't confirm that I'm not hearing the outside speakers inside, I'll check that out, maybe I think I'm hearing the ceiling speakers but I'm hearing muffles patio speakers? However if I can get that radio, that is not on, that doesn't even have the faceplate on it to forget my phone the speakers would be a moot point anyway. I have succeeded in having my iPhone forget that device but every time the coach is powered up that radio sneaks into my phone all by its self.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 01-30-2019, 05:04 PM   #52

Quote:
I can't confirm that I'm not hearing the outside speakers inside, I'll check that out, maybe I think I'm hearing the ceiling speakers but I'm hearing muffles patio speakers? However if I can get that radio, that is not on, that doesn't even have the faceplate on it to forget my phone the speakers would be a moot point anyway. I have succeeded in having my iPhone forget that device but every time the coach is powered up that radio sneaks into my phone all by its self.
Maybe you need to take it to Elkhart and let BC do an exorcism on it. He can fix most everything!
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:38 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by I5PhilGa View Post
Maybe you need to take it to Elkhart and let BC do an exorcism on it. He can fix most everything!
Hey, I love it there, I'm usually helping out in the bay and folks walk by and whisper, "who's that old man, does he work here".

And you are right BC can get it all working and I love Gregs crew....
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #54

Quote:

Confirmed. I'm inside the coach hearing the patio muted patio speakers. Did it to me this morning while I was driving. The caller can hear me, but unless I'm on the patio I can't hear them. Frustrating, and the manual does not tell me how to turn off blue tooth on the patio radio. Thanks...
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #55
Commercial Member

Do you pair your phone with the dash radio? that should take precedence. That is a River Park radio...it may be defective or just overly aggressive.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #56

Quote:
Do you pair your phone with the dash radio? that should take precedence. That is a River Park radio...it may be defective or just overly aggressive.
No I'm not paired with the RAM dash radio.

My patio radio is a CONNEXX AVS400BT. The user manual you gave us does not tell me how to turn off Blue Tooth. And can you tell my why is Bluetooth even on if I've turned the radio off and pulled off the removable face plate? I'm thinking I'll have to pull the radio out of the patio wall and just disconnect the power cable running to it? If I do that do I loose the TV speakers?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #57

Quote:
I just found Riverparks web page and emailed them, thanks, I'll keep you posted on what they say about turning off Bluetooth.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #58

Well BC they weren't any help at all. Their tech support said that the AVS400BT should not automatically connect to my phone, I must be doing something wrong and that with the Faceplate off it shouldn't happen.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #59

Quote:
Well BC they weren't any help at all. Their tech support said that the AVS400BT should not automatically connect to my phone, I must be doing something wrong and that with the Faceplate off it shouldn't happen.
What brand phone is it that is connecting?
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #60

iPhone X
Days camped 2021 = 25