Old 10-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #1

Tv speakers

Does anybody know how to get the TV sound to play through the coach speakers (jensen player?) I can get a DVD to play through the coach speakers but not the TV sound when using the over the air antenna... In my last RV, you just put the jensen on Aux input and the TV sound came out of coach speakers not the crappy TV speaker. Isata 3 2020.

petrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #2

Make sure the volume output on the TV is plugged into the Jensen. Then select whatever input to the Jensen the TV is plugged into (i.e. AUX or TV)

Equalizer Hitch w/ 4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2016(retirement): 780
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:36 PM   #3

My Jensen did nothing.

The boys at the factory forgot to plug the HDMI cable into the radio. Had to pull the fireplace out to plug it in.

My Jensen stuff then uses the arc setting on the receiver to get info from the tv.

Suspect yours will too.

Using the Jensen app helps a bunch. on your phone. That remote is hideous at best.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
GM

I think that goes back in via Optical. If you haven't cycled through all of the available sources...try that first. If that does not yield results, then there might be a loose connection. The non-cabover is on an articulating mount and we see wires get pulled loose all the time. If it is on a cab-over, that is a fixed mount, but something could be loose.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #5

thanks!

I'll try the app on the phone but I think I tried the ARC already but will double check. I can't see how it is hooked up to the Jensen very well, too much stuff in the way.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
GM

I'll go check one on the line.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 10-23-2019, 05:32 PM   #7

Still doesn't work!

I tried every input I have available on the Jensen and none work. Now My DVD player doesn't work either. No AM radio antenna connection, dvd doesn't work, TV only plays through the crappy speakers, can't hook up my iphone to the app. The portable satellite connection is non-exsistent. I only get over the air TV in my driveway and that's it! Don't know what to do at this point...
Old 10-23-2019, 06:07 PM   #8
GM

1. have you watched the AV video?

2. Can't hook my iphone up to the app? You downloaded Jensen Controls and are not able to pair it with the radio? (The app is called jControl)

3. The portable satellite connection is non-existent? can you explain? A portable satellite cannot be hooked up to the outside "park cable" as it runs through a Winegard switch. That is really only for "park cable" via coax from campsites. It can only connect DIRECTLY to the satellite receiver because the receiver is what sends power back to the portable dish.

4. If you only get OTA channles in your driveway...can you make sure that the Antenna booster is ON? that is shown in the video. Small switch plate that has two small buttons and green LED lights.

5. when you say DVD does not work??? meaning the audio or now the DVD is flat out not playing now?

As for Am...that is correct, I don't think the Jensen radio has AM...in fact almost every piece of electronics that I have reviewed this past week in product meetings has dropped AM due to the proliferation of streaming services. (don't shoot the messenger)
Old 10-23-2019, 06:29 PM   #9

Got somethings to work!

Re installed the Jensen App & finally got that to work. Shut everything off, turned on the Jensen, put in a DVD without toughing anything & it worked. Now my big question is, Does the TV either on over the air channels or Satellite suppose to play through the coach speakers? I wish someone could answer that, because I have spent hours already trying to figure it out! And yes I already figured out that the Dish Satellite will not work as wired. Why does it say "Cable/Satellite" where you hook it up outside. Why wasn't there two cables run through the coach. I saw someone figured a fix but you lose something with that. Love my Dynamax Isata 3 but since I travel by myself most of the time Audio/Video is very important to me. Wish I would have know these issues before purchase.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #10
GM

Yes it should play through the speakers....with some explanation.

Early on, we ran HDMI from the Jensen to the TV. Audio was done via HDMI Audio Return Channel. Of course, everyone wanted everything to play anywhere.

SO, at some point in early 2019 as we started the 2020's, I don't remember exactly when, we added an HDMI matrix. The HDMI was run from the Jensen TO the matrix so that you can watch that DVD on the living room TV OR the bedroom TV or both at the same time if you wish. The issue is that the HDMI ARC does not work through the matrix.

We knew that pretty early, so we ran an optical cable from the TV to the Jensen so that the audio would still play from the TV (either satellite OR OTA)...whatever is playing on the TV, is pushing an audio signal through the optical cable. It is possible that in the transition we missed a few or your optical cable is simply not pushed all the way in.

we use a few different TV brackets, but I think that one is a "keyhole" bracket. So you have to lift UP on the TV, which takes it out of the keyhole so to speak. If you pull it lose you can see if the optical cable is there.

PS. Who is your dealer? I tell as many people as I can....test and use everything during the walk through. Have them show you, but YOU push the buttons "do the things" as you will retain more if you do it (rather then them just showing you how)

PSS. we don't run two cables because we option a satellite dish. And when we install it that coax goes into the AV area. We had no idea (at the time) that the portable carry outs would require power from the receiver. For years we have been able to use one cable (less complicated) to do it all. The portable sats had their own power. Then the sat guys up and changed the game. We have SO few of our customers use the carryout because most motorhome people opt for in-motion sat. We see the portables more from people that are upgrading from trailers...so we're working on a 2nd cable right now for the 2% that need it. Coax is cheap
Old 10-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #11
GM

So lets start with, do you have the HDMI matrix?
Old 10-23-2019, 08:07 PM   #12

Yes I have the matrix
Old 10-23-2019, 08:09 PM   #13
GM

OK, so at least we know that it is likely not ARC over HDMI and that it should be an optical cable. When cycling through sources...do you see an "OPTI" for a source on the Jensen?

Scratch that...it should be a red/white RCA cable to the TV. Optical is what we use on the 5 series sound bar...my mistake
Old 10-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #14

Mine had only one hdmi cord between the radio and tv, thus arc both ways.

Other model radios often need rca cables. Optical is sort of rare.

Go on line and get the manuals.

Inspect the tv, usually easier to see connections. See what types.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #15

There is a red & white rca cable hooked to the tv
Old 10-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #16

On my walk thru the dealer played a dvd to show me how to use the two tvís & matrix. Who knew the tv didnít work the same way. I spent all day there & still didnít get to go thru it all. I have an appointment to take it in for warranty work a few things have to be fixed. I just would like to know does the tv issue need to be fixed or am I doing something wrong. My dealer is Barrington motors RV in Bartlett, Illinois
Old 10-23-2019, 09:50 PM   #17
GM

It's hard to tell you if something needs fixed, or if you are doing something wrong without knowing your level of experience with audio and if you have read the Jensen manual.

1. We now know you have the red/white audio video cables. THAT is the audio going to the Jensen from the TV.

2. Change the mode to "Rear Aux".

3. Do you have the zone ON? Zone A as I recall are the front speakers and Zone B are the outside speakers. One or all of them could be off. So turn to Zone A and adjust the volume up.

If that all fails, then maybe one of the cables are loose.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:01 PM   #18

Iíve read the manual for both the tv & the Jensen system. I kinda know what does what but itís so hard to see anything there is so much going on back there. I will check the rca connections tomorrow & try again. Thanks
Old 10-23-2019, 10:05 PM   #19
GM

It sounds like you have what you need (as in we did not forget the RCA cable).

So now it just comes down to making sure you have the source set properly (Rear Aux) and the zones ON. If Zone A is off...then you will not get audio out of the front speakers.

There is also a setting in the TV, that allows you to turn off the TV speakers. I don't think you can turn off the audio OUT...I think you can only change it from fixed to variable???
Old 10-24-2019, 06:25 AM   #20

Rca cables come in a set of three.

They are one way. So you need a set to get the dvds to work. And another set of cables or hdmi to the radio to use the house speakers.

Optical, hdmi or rca.