Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2018, 06:13 AM   #1

Uncomfortable hide a bed

Brian should be able to answer this.
I have a 2017 Force 37BH. The sofa hide a bed is the most uncomfortable bed that was ever made. The mattress is totally useless. The frame itself is not level when in the open position. The open end slants to the rear. Have tried sleeping with my head at the open end and feet towards the back of the sofa. I can't find anyway to make the frame level. Have any Force owners had this problem ? Have tried using an air mattress but the problem is you can't fold the frame up with that mattress in place. Brian, I see in the brochures for the DX3 the hide a bed is a different style as the cushions look like they serve as a mattress. Can that hide a bed fit in the Force, are the dimensions the same ? Can any DX3 owners tell me if you can get a comfortable sleep on your sofa hide a bed ? If it doesn't fit , can anything be had to solve my problem. We do need the hide a bed as we have several family members that travel with us at times and we need the sleeping space. Thank You
RITAOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:28 AM   #2

If it's the same fold out couch that has been used for awhile then the tilt is a known issue. Some have cut off part of the fold out legs. I put blocks under the couch and raised the entire couch to make the bed level. We started to use a blow up mattress that was great to sleep on but had to bed deflated every morning. Also the metal framing chewed up the mattress. We now use the fold up mattress that we removed from out house couch. Better but have not found the best solution. I think at one time Brian was going to send out a retro kit to fix the slope. Also ours has a huge gap when folded out between your head and the back of the sofa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	173937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	173938  
Old 05-30-2018, 08:39 AM   #3
Insert witty title here

We fold up a couple of bed comforters and lay them at one end to level the surface out then inflate an air mattress. We only set this up when we have a guest which isnt too often.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Yep we have the slope too, but despite that I think it is comfortable. We too sometimes fold up a blanket at the lower end, but my son who is 6' 4" and sleeps on it says the slope doesn't bother him
Old 05-30-2018, 09:07 AM   #5

I believe the MY 2017 bed the OP has may be a tri-fold sofa where the cushions flip over and convert into a bed. I know that's what is currently used but not quite sure exactly when it switched.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Yes, I think the original hide-a-bed from the supplier had legs. For some reason they started taking those off so it might sit low on that end...legs being higher. I am not a huge fan of the "hide-a-bed", so we switched all of the sofa's to the "V2" which is the "Visionary 2" by Williamsburg Furniture. That uses the cushions instead of a thin mattress. That would fit in that spot.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
So I'm guessing that is what we have in our 2018 DX3? Visionary with slope toward wall? It is the sofa that uses all the cushions to make the bed
Old 05-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Not sure. Lexington makes a version as well. You most likely have the Lexington version as the V2 has the kick up leg extensions.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:23 PM   #9

I have a 3/4 foldout couch in my DX3. Comfortable to sleep on but we want to change it out for recliners. We will have to change out the dinette set as well. Won’t happen until after Oct as we have an extended trip planed
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not sure. Lexington makes a version as well. You most likely have the Lexington version as the V2 has the kick up leg extensions.
I think we have the visionary this is what ours looks like and its a v2 williamsburg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Williamsburg-Furniture-V2-Sleeper-Sofa-Brown-Down.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	174018  
Old 05-31-2018, 09:55 AM   #11
Commercial Member

looks right for a V2

Old 05-31-2018, 10:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorving View Post
I think we have the visionary this is what ours looks like and its a v2 williamsburg
So what you said in your earlier post that this still slants back toward the wall.
Is there any way to make it level and just how comfortable is it ? I know you said your son slept on it, but how about you, have you tried it ? Also back to my original question to Brian, will this fit in the same space in the Force ? Can I buy this from Dynamax or do I have to go to Williamsburg ? Thank You
Old 05-31-2018, 10:33 AM   #13
Commercial Member

my post #11...it would fit in that spot. You would buy this from a dealer and/or Williamsburg if they sell direct. I think they do.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:37 AM   #14

Thank You Mr. C.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RITAOB View Post
So what you said in your earlier post that this still slants back toward the wall.
Is there any way to make it level and just how comfortable is it ? I know you said your son slept on it, but how about you, have you tried it ? Also back to my original question to Brian, will this fit in the same space in the Force ? Can I buy this from Dynamax or do I have to go to Williamsburg ? Thank You
I have not slept all night on it, but I laid on it for awhile and it was comfortable. Also my son is 6'4" and over 200lbs and thinks its comfy, doesn't care about the slope, and there is one. I found 2 large foam pieces that look like eggcrate on one side that we had from packing I'm going to bring to try and fill that space a bit

Tags
bed