Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 06:31 PM   #1

Update on Dynamax XL 37BH

Freightliner engineering is now looking at the issue with the vibration during acceleration...it looks like I am in for the long haul...may have to replace the rear end...
Old 09-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #2

I had a Dynamax on a M2 chassis and they replaced the rear end because of vibration and gear noise. No problems since...
Old 09-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #3

How many miles did you have on it?
Old 09-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #4

About 10k as we noticed the noise early. I had to fight and finally took the service guy for a ride and then he knew it was legit. We sold it after 85k and really enjoyed the coach and M2 chassis.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:14 PM   #5

Mine has been doing it since I received it with 1000 miles on it...they wanted to pass the buck onto me, Dynamax and then the Dealer, but I wasn't going to let that happen, it ain't over till it's over...
Old 09-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshes View Post
I had a Dynamax on a M2 chassis and they replaced the rear end because of vibration and gear noise. No problems since...

Wow... wish I was so lucky, have a similar problem. Tech at Ram called for the rear to be replaced too, but FCA said no. Tech has worked for them for 38 years, he was shocked.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
Wow... wish I was so lucky, have a similar problem. Tech at Ram called for the rear to be replaced too, but FCA said no. Tech has worked for them for 38 years, he was shocked.
A clear veteran tech says it needs a rear end and FCA declines it.....now what?
Old 09-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #8

So how do they explain a rear end going out with few miles? Seems like a assembly QC issue to me.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:24 AM   #9

Quote:
So how do they explain a rear end going out with few miles? Seems like a assembly QC issue to me.
It got pass Freightliner, Dynamax, and the Dealer....it's about selling it's not about quality anymore...it's about whatever they can get the consumer to accept and increase their bottom line...they can't even spell quality anymore or attention to details...

Then the Dealer said there was nothing wrong with it, then Freightliner in Tyler Texas said the same, then back at the Dealer and they took it to Freightliner Dallas South, thats when they found a REAL mechanic that located the vibration and started the process of elimination...he mentioned the rear end may be the culprit, we're still waiting on Freightliner Engineering to respond...

Almost a year from ordering the unit...have camped in it once...lol...
Old 09-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
A clear veteran tech says it needs a rear end and FCA declines it.....now what?

Good question... still fighting it out with FCA. Both the service manager and tech were shocked.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
It got pass Freightliner, Dynamax, and the Dealer....it's about selling it's not about quality anymore...it's about whatever they can get the consumer to accept and increase their bottom line...they can't even spell quality anymore or attention to details...

Then the Dealer said there was nothing wrong with it, then Freightliner in Tyler Texas said the same, then back at the Dealer and they took it to Freightliner Dallas South, thats when they found a REAL mechanic that located the vibration and started the process of elimination...he mentioned the rear end may be the culprit, we're still waiting on Freightliner Engineering to respond...

Almost a year from ordering the unit...have camped in it once...lol...
Time to write letters to "Motorhome" or if members, Good Sam. FMCA?
Old 09-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #12

Quote:
And the purpose is - - - ?????
Old 09-22-2018, 11:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
And the purpose is - - - ?????
I've seen their results...manufacturers don't like negative reports and seem to respond positively when prompted by staff from these valuable sources.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #14

It seems that after a very long wait the OP now has the right people looking at the problem at Freightliner. The Jury is still out if the latest effort will be successful, but at the moment it is kind of premature to start complaining to the big magazines.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:21 PM   #15

Curious as to what the solution will be. Would like to know what, on the ream end, is defective.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
While I understand your frustration and believe you are entirely owed the correct repair for your problem, I respectfully disagree that it's not about quality any more.

I say that because out of all the thousands of units sold, you're going to have something that isn't right. There isn't a product I can think of that has a zero complaint ratio. Hell, I can't even buy an iPhone without finding the 1/32 billion sold ending up in my hands.

These are motorhomes, they are mobile homes on wheels and are going to have problems. I think it's evident that the quality of these RV's from Dynamax are head and shoulders above other RV's but at the end of the day, they're gonna have problems, plain and simple.

I hope you don't have any other problems with it but I'd hardly call the half a dozen people that have rear end problems out of all the ones sold, "poor quality".

Just sayin'

Mark
Old 09-23-2018, 03:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
While I understand your frustration and believe you are entirely owed the correct repair for your problem, I respectfully disagree that it's not about quality any more.

I say that because out of all the thousands of units sold, you're going to have something that isn't right. There isn't a product I can think of that has a zero complaint ratio. Hell, I can't even buy an iPhone without finding the 1/32 billion sold ending up in my hands.

These are motorhomes, they are mobile homes on wheels and are going to have problems. I think it's evident that the quality of these RV's from Dynamax are head and shoulders above other RV's but at the end of the day, they're gonna have problems, plain and simple.

I hope you don't have any other problems with it but I'd hardly call the half a dozen people that have rear end problems out of all the ones sold, "poor quality".

Just sayin'

Mark
Respectfully, we'll have to agree to disagree, this serious vibration should have been addressed LONG before a consumer received the unit...

BUT one thing for sure if I did this again, I would make dang sure I went to the factory before I ever accepted a unit...and the reason being folks go to the factory? Because you can't trust Dynamax or their Quality Control standards, this is stated many times in this forum from all the folks that go there...they don't go there for cakes and balloons they go so they can perform Quality Control on their respective unit and to INSURE that Dynamax does what they state in their website: Attention to Details...
Old 09-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #18

Quote:
In process...like I told them from the beginning when they wouldn't listen, I can be the best advertisement or the worse, they have ever had...looking like they don't mind the latter...
Old 09-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #19

Has anyone checked the pinion angle? When I was building race cars and setting up driveline orientation. U-joint angle was the most important measurement to insure no vibration. Drivetrain vibrations eat horsepower.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Old 09-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Has anyone checked the pinion angle? When I was building race cars and setting up driveline orientation. U-joint angle was the most important measurement to insure no vibration. Drivetrain vibrations eat horsepower.
Yes sir, thats the first check the Master Tech checked everything was within 1 degree which is within spec...they did adjust the swing or carrier bearings to true alignment as well...they also adjusted and confirmed the ride height was within spec...
Closed Thread