Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2017, 09:33 AM   #1

Upholstery delaminating

The upholstery on two dinette captain chairs and jackknife couch is delaminating. This started about 6 months ago and has gotten progressively worse. Mostly along the seams Both colors are doing it.
2015 REVrb

ATT. bclemens

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2021.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	395.0 KB
ID:	155379

Name:	CIMG2022.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	155380

Name:	CIMG2023.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	459.0 KB
ID:	155381

Name:	CIMG2024.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	155382

Name:	CIMG2026.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	155383
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
Commercial Member

PM me your VIN, I'll make a note of it.

PS. VIN, contact info (I sometimes get some VIN errors)
along with a description of the issue (as sometimes I forget why I asked for the VIN in the first place)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:55 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Thanks, got your PM.
I'll run it past the fabric supplier, but I don't have high hopes.

Their warranty is typically one year from purchase, two years from manufacture. In a few rare cases I have convinced them to match the Dynamax 2 year warranty (from purchase), but this coach was built 12/2014, bought 3/2015 and even past the Dynamax 2 year warranty.

I'll go to bat though. My PA is off today for his Birthday. When he's back in I'll confirm supplier and part numbers. See what they say.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
Commercial Member

I think the color may have been Beach.

That used a combo of Turnbull Chambray (the lighter color) and what looks like to me like "Turnbull Seal" which is the darker, but my predecessor was not the best about keeping an organized fabrics matrix. (tsk, tsk)

Old 11-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think the color may have been Beach.

That used a combo of Turnbull Chambray (the lighter color) and what looks like to me like "Turnbull Seal" which is the darker, but my predecessor was not the best about keeping an organized fabrics matrix. (tsk, tsk)
I can take full pictures of the chairs and couch if you like. Let me know.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:38 AM   #6
Commercial Member

I think we're OK. Just waiting to hear back on options.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:59 PM   #7

Quote:
I think we're OK. Just waiting to hear back on options.
Our 2007 Winnebago View H which we traded for the REV had Ultra Leather. It was still in perfect shape.
The fabric used to cover the REV couch and chairs must have been defective. It shouldn't have delaminated with only a couple of weeks use.
Still like the REV and it still gets attention.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #8

Hey Brian,
It's been a couple of weeks on the delamination of the seats. Just wondering if there is any news? Also, even though it was after warranty when I told you about this, it started while still in warranty. I just ignored it until it got much worse and started happening on all three seats that had the same covering.
Other things got in the way such as a trip to Ohio and evacuating during hurricanes.
Tom n' Dale
Orlando
Old 11-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Best I can do is probably covers. Trying check one other source on the fabric supplier.

As a side note to anyone. If you see an issue, at least send an email to your dealer, or to our service side of things so that it gets on record in the warranty period. We have often said "hey, we're really busy now, but it is noted (in what we call VIN notes) so you can bring it in after camping season even though the warranty will have expired".

If it ends up being nothing, no big deal. If it ends up being a problem, we have record of it.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #10

I'm waiting for a full set of covers for my 2014 Sportscoach. I am planning on documenting the replacement to help anyone who gets new covers to do it themselves. Process should be similar to many others.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #11
Pickin', Campin', Mason

These 'covers' being spoke of... are they really covers (of a different material) that go over top of the existing problematic (faux) leather or are they OEM type replacements of the original? (remove existing and replace/reupholster)

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Best I can do is probably covers. Trying check one other source on the fabric supplier.

As a side note to anyone. If you see an issue, at least send an email to your dealer, or to our service side of things so that it gets on record in the warranty period. We have often said "hey, we're really busy now, but it is noted (in what we call VIN notes) so you can bring it in after camping season even though the warranty will have expired".

If it ends up being nothing, no big deal. If it ends up being a problem, we have record of it.
I looked under the jack knife couch and it doesn't look to difficult to take off the original material and replace it with the new ones. As long as it isn't glued to the foam. I also think I could take the captain chairs up from the floor and replace the covers on them also.

Let me know.

Tom n' Dale
Old 11-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #13
Commercial Member

OEM replacements. Will fit better if the old is removed, but not always necessary.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:08 PM   #14

that's what my seat look like in 2011 Georgetown and they were replaced at 2 years and I think they're like shampoo "install,use.repeat" Forestriver said no relief this time and I called customer non-service at Williamsburg furniture to see if I could buy new covers , that was about 2 weeks ago NO RESPONSE YET!
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:08 PM   #15

I have them coming from Forest River. They sold them to me at cost as I'm the 2nd owner of the coach. I Appreciate them doing that. I asked about the fabric used. They said they have changed to a fabric (bonded leather) that has a higher hydrolysis number, better grade. I will be getting all the pieces to replace the sofa, the complete captains chairs and all the pieces for the dinette. Lead time was 4 - 6 weeks. They are from Williamsburg... we shall see how they hold up. Living in Florida, the humidity and heat is tough on any bonded fabric.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #16
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
OEM replacements. Will fit better if the old is removed, but not always necessary.
Thanks!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalich View Post
I have them coming from Forest River. They sold them to me at cost as I'm the 2nd owner of the coach. I Appreciate them doing that. I asked about the fabric used. They said they have changed to a fabric (bonded leather) that has a higher hydrolysis number, better grade. I will be getting all the pieces to replace the sofa, the complete captains chairs and all the pieces for the dinette. Lead time was 4 - 6 weeks. They are from Williamsburg... we shall see how they hold up. Living in Florida, the humidity and heat is tough on any bonded fabric.
Like to see how they turn out.

Tom n' Dale
2015 REV RB
Orlando
Old 11-19-2017, 08:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tncruiser View Post
that's what my seat look like in 2011 Georgetown and they were replaced at 2 years and I think they're like shampoo "install,use.repeat" Forestriver said no relief this time and I called customer non-service at Williamsburg furniture to see if I could buy new covers , that was about 2 weeks ago NO RESPONSE YET!
brianj
update
I talked to melody at williasmsburg ,very helpful said she would send samples I'm have faith in her at this point. I will follow up
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #19

Ultra Leather

Im looking for bclemons to see how I can order about a yard of the Ultra Leather for a 2017 Isata3? It is the light cream color. Any info about who to contact would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #20
Commercial Member

No Ultra leather in the Isata 3. That is a brand name of Polyurethane. The cream color in the 3 is either Gates Cream or Cowdry Cream. You can order that through the dealer, they would just need to confirm the color. 17 is likely Gates Cream, picture I could tell you for sure.