Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2019, 06:27 PM   #1

Urgent Help - Need wiring diagram for 2018 Dynaquest XL

Hello forum team,
I'm looking for wiring diagrams for my coach. We are on a trip from CA to PA and stuck in KY (just north of Louisville) due to running over some kind of galvanized wire fencing or something that embedded itself in my passenger side rear outer tire.

We noticed this horrendous sound a few miles after a rest stop and I pulled over in a Walmart to check things out. The sound stopped after about 10 seconds and thank goodness I had no tire pressure loss (TPMS). However, when I had a look to see what happened I found a large gauge chainlink fence type wire embedded in the tire tread. I haven't pulled it out.

I suspect it was a larger piece until it got caught on the tire and the loud sound we heard was it rotating the inside of the wheel well hitting the exhaust pipe until it broke off. Now I'm waiting for a tire service (after trying the roadside assistance route) to come out and replace the tire because I suspect it will leak when the wire is removed and I don't want to chance a blowout given the damage even if only to the tread...so, in addition to the tire damage, two pair of (two each) wires were broken when the wire was rotating around.

One set looks like it goes to the cargo bay (the 100 gallon fresh water tank) door light (no biggie). But, it's not clear what the other set of wires were connected below the coach.

The two wire pair are:

1). Black and White - ?
2). Black and Purple (in looking under the coach it seems this is for the cargo bay light since that is the color pair for the other cargo lights).

I tie-wrapped them up and I haven't noticed anything that is not working besides the cargo light but clearly there is something that will not work.

I'm looking to get a wiring diagram so I can figure out where to reconnect the second set of wires.

Any help will be much appreciated. I have a couple of hours to wait for the mobile tire service truck to replace the tire so I'd like to try and fix the wires while I'm waiting.

Thanks
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:34 AM   #2

Unless I missed them (entirely possible), I’m not sure any of the schematics for multiplex based coaches have been posted on the site. Looking at some of the older schematics that match the “purple/storage bay light” scheme, the other pair MIGHT be a sensor (fresh water tank sensor based on your comments???). Total guess here with several assumptions made.

Hope you get/got back on the road safely.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
Commercial Member

I'll see what we have in the AM.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
Señor Miembro

Can you post one for the 2019 XL 37BH too please?
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #5
Commercial Member

This is what I have. Not sure if its every possible configuration, but that would be too large to post.

A lot of the harnesses are used across multiple floor plans...so this should at least get you close.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2016 XL 37RB PRINT BOOK REVA.pdf (9.09 MB, 162 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, wiring