Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #1

Thumbs up Used DX3 purchase advice needed

Hi. I’m fairly new to the forum and I have located two Lightly used 2017 dx3 RB models. I would appreciate if I could get some pointers on troubled areas with this model. I’m very familiar with RV trailers in general but I’m not up to speed on this DX3 model in general. Are there any big gotchas For this brand and model that I need to look for, leaks, slides, electrical, roof issues? I know that prior maintenance is the key but not sure if the selling dealer will have much info.

Thanks.
robertcropdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:33 PM   #2

help

I had a complete rv inspection done before I bought my used DX3. They spent 2 days going over every system. Worth every penny!!
hines5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:29 PM   #3

I bought a used 2018 DX3 and paid for a full inspection and repair if needed. Best thing I could have done. My unit has been flawless since I drove off the lot.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:30 PM   #4

Completely agree!!! The inspection is worth every dollar. Have it done at the dealer. I had mine done there with the dealer tech repairing items along the way. Made the process so much easier and you will never second guess your decision.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #5
Señor Miembro

Definitely get the inspection. Ideally, you would be there for it. But beware, many things may break afterwards. I received a clean bill of health/perfect inspection on a brand new one. 3 months later the RV went into dealer for repairs with a 32 line item list. At 11 months later it's going back again for probably a dozen or so. IMHO, It would worth the money 10 fold to pay the owners to allow you to rent it for a weekend and take it out and inspect, use and test all the systems.
Best of luck
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:48 PM   #6

I recall a saying that we are driving things of beauty.... fundamentally a home. in 70 Mile an hour winds and 6+ magnitude earth quakes whenever we travel.

Things are going to need fixed from time to time.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:00 AM   #7
Señor Miembro

Very valid point.
If boats are a hole in the water into which you dump money,
and planes are holes in the air which create a vacuum to suck money,
What is a MotorHome (MOHO)?
Old 06-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
Very valid point.
If boats are a hole in the water into which you dump money,
and planes are holes in the air which create a vacuum to suck money,
What is a MotorHome (MOHO)?
Another hole to dump money but one heck of a useful hole! 😊
Old 06-26-2020, 12:59 PM   #9
Señor Miembro

Maybe a MoHo is a big rolling/moving pothole in the road, that like other potholes, costs money every time you collide with it?
Old 06-28-2020, 12:06 AM   #10

I have a older 2016 Force HD which is chassis/engine equivalent to DX3, I prefer the traditional forced air propane heat and propane/electric water heater heat. The DX3, maybe newer Force HD's have Aqua Hot, water heated coach heat. Personally that concerned me on reliability, maybe some opinions on the reliability of the Aqua Hot, winterizing and maintaining would help. I would like to hear too. I heard some complaints about cracking of tile on older ones, maybe not a problem on new ones, Force HD had vinyl which I like for ease of care.
dmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:04 PM   #11

Personally, I am a huge AquaHot fan. Virtually instant, unlimited hot water, heat is quiet. The big plus is not having to carry a large propane tank and having another fuel source to keep full. Fill my diesel tanks and we are good to go. From a safety boy standpoint, not having to worry about propane burners, propane ignition or the potential for propane fumes if a leak were to develop is icing on the cake for me.
Almost two years and two winters later and she’s still going strong.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #12

A motorhome is a house on wheels that shakes itself apart.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:30 PM   #13

I have a 2018, really most of the items, except below, I have encountered have been relatively minor.

The 2 biggest things I found - 1 - The awning did not work when I purchased the unit (used). Fortunately we caught it and the dealer reimbursed my expense to get it fixed. I want to say the motor was like $1800 by itself. Getting it fixed was a real pain but it all worked out. 2 - We have the tile floor. Bad design as in a few of the tiles have cracked or mortar is missing.

Tags
dx3