Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2021, 09:51 AM   #1

Vegatouch Mira - Jacks Inop and Temperature Readings Incorrect

Happy Friday, everyone.

About a month ago, the Vegatouch Mira app lost connectivity with our 2021 Isata 5 Xplorer 30FW's jack functionality - meaning, we can no longer use the app (iPhone) to extend or retract the jacks. It has to be done by the panel inside the coach. Also, around the same time, the temperature readings and set points are mixed up between the bay, front AC and rear AC unit - they display correctly on the panel inside the coach though.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I've tried resetting the controller for the Firefly system and power cycling - no luck. I've also deleted the app, reinstalled and resynced and again, no luck.

I have a call into Firefly for a technician to call me back but I figured I would at least strike up a conversation here!

Thanks!
DK
Old 07-30-2021, 09:58 AM   #2

I figure some photos would go a long way in describing what I am seeing with regards to the temperature readings and set points - by the way, the unit is in storage, no way would I be lounging around in the RV at interior temp of 92*!

DK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jul 29, 1 39 07 PM.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	260068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jul 29, 1 38 54 PM.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	260069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jul 29, 1 38 35 PM.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	260070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Jul 29, 1 38 46 PM.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	260071  
Old 07-30-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
Commercial Member

We are investigating some intermittent connection issues. We have inspected everything online and they look good. But, where we have seen some connection issues, we have seen some of the G12 pins on the harness a tad "flared out" for lack of a better term. There is a male (G12 board) and female (on harness) Mate-N-Lock connector.

Not sure where it is happening...but maybe if someone is wiggling the connector or someone at the harness company was testing them with an enlarged plug? not sure yet. When we pull the plug from the G12...the female connector is just flared enough that it is not making 100% connection. If you pull the drawers in the rear wardrobe, the G12 sites on thee floor there. Try moving the harness a bit and see if it changes something.

I seem to think it was one specific plug, but I can't be sure. We are still investigating. They thought maybe the harness builder was using the wrong pins....but we verified that they were using the Firefly spec'd pins.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply back, Brian. I'm more thinking its an app issue and not an issue with the unit itself. I am running GUI v4.9, btw.

Reason being:
1.) I recall performing an app update around that same time
2.) The panel inside the coach has full functionality and correct readings. If it were a pin issue, I would think it would affect this panel - wouldn't it?

On a side note, what does 'update configuration' do in the VegaTouch app?
Old 07-30-2021, 10:23 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK_Isata5 View Post
Thanks for the reply back, Brian. I'm more thinking its an app issue and not an issue with the unit itself. I am running GUI v4.9, btw.

Reason being:
2.) The panel inside the coach has full functionality and correct readings. If it were a pin issue, I would think it would affect this panel - wouldn't it?

If it is a pin issue, they are individual pins, so it may not affect everything...in fact it is often one or two that seem to be affected. I think tank sensors and thermistors. But I am not sure that would read the wrong temp, it will read no temp.

The panel inside the coach is our "fail safe" for cases like this. I have been hesitant to do away with hard switches just in case. Though in the case of the levelers, we have to have that one as they "level sensor" is inside that panel. We do want to hide them away a bit more eventually.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:26 AM   #6

Quote:

Reason being:

We have the exact same issue and have been in contact with Firefly, and they know of that issue as other users have the same issue. There are several FB posts about it. We did not hear back yet from Firefly if they have a fix for it or another App update which will fix it.
It seems that after an App update we saw that issue pop up but not sure.

BrianC, when talking to Firefly they did not mention that it could be a wire harness issue. Given that we have the same identical issues, it appears to be software related.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:33 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
We have the exact same issue and have been in contact with Firefly, and they know of that issue as other users have the same issue. There are several FB posts about it. We did not hear back yet from Firefly if they have a fix for it or another App update which will fix it.

BrianC, when talking to Firefly they did not mention that it could be a wire harness issue. Given that we have the same identical issues, it appears to be software related.
Could be...just trying to cover my bases.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:19 AM   #8

Quote:

Thanks for posting your experience, msusslin. If I happen to hear anything from Firefly, I'll be sure to post it here.

Is your issue with both the jacks and the temperature readings or just one of the two?

DK
Old 07-30-2021, 03:52 PM   #9

I have never seen the leveling jack control on my Firefly, I have to use the Equalizer app or the switch panel.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 04:28 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Boat View Post
I have never seen the leveling jack control on my Firefly, I have to use the Equalizer app or the switch panel.
That is just recently programmed. Not sure what is involved in the wiring side.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Thanks for posting your experience, msusslin. If I happen to hear anything from Firefly, I'll be sure to post it here.

Is your issue with both the jacks and the temperature readings or just one of the two?

DK
We have the identical issue as you have. Several other users on FB have mentioned the same issue and we mentioned that to Firelfy the last time we talked. Seems to be an issue with the App update. Additionally, it seems that any new updates with the Iphone will need to go through the apple Store, and that might delay some updates.

I guess you have an Iphone. I wonder if any Android phones using the Vega Touch Mira app are seeing the same issue?
Old 07-31-2021, 10:15 AM   #12

Quote:
We have the identical issue as you have. Several other users on FB have mentioned the same issue and we mentioned that to Firelfy the last time we talked. Seems to be an issue with the App update. Additionally, it seems that any new updates with the Iphone will need to go through the apple Store, and that might delay some updates.

I guess you have an Iphone. I wonder if any Android phones using the Vega Touch Mira app are seeing the same issue?
I have an Android and was one of the first to point out the problem to Firefly first and then BC. This was after downloading V 4.10 FW. My last contact has been since May 12th with Firefly when I was told a new FW was coming.
The OP mentioned that he is on FW 4.9 so it may be a pin problem in his case
Old 08-01-2021, 09:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
I have an Android and was one of the first to point out the problem to Firefly first and then BC. This was after downloading V 4.10 FW. My last contact has been since May 12th with Firefly when I was told a new FW was coming.
The OP mentioned that he is on FW 4.9 so it may be a pin problem in his case
We are still on 4.6 and we've been following Toshu to work out the Kinks with the 4.10 version before updating. Thank you for being the Beta tester for all of us
Interesting that the 4.9 version has the same issue as the 4.6 version with the temp sensor.
BC maybe it is the wiring harness. We will dry that fix next.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #14

Quote:
We are still on 4.6 and we've been following Toshu to work out the Kinks with the 4.10 version before updating. Thank you for being the Beta tester for all of us
Interesting that the 4.9 version has the same issue as the 4.6 version with the temp sensor.
BC maybe it is the wiring harness. We will dry that fix next.
By coincidence, I had an app update yesterday(although the RV was away for repairs for 8 weeks). It does not appear that the app update made any difference. I Still get the temp reading issues, with missing front temps. Didn't test anything else since I am sick.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:05 PM   #15

Quote:
...Additionally, it seems that any new updates with the Iphone will need to go through the apple Store, and that might delay some updates.
That has always been true, but it does not add any significant delay for a mature app.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:12 AM   #16
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
By coincidence, I had an app update yesterday(although the RV was away for repairs for 8 weeks). It does not appear that the app update made any difference. I Still get the temp reading issues, with missing front temps. Didn't test anything else since I am sick.
Same for me. No change from the latest version of the Android app on 4.10. I too have been in contact with Firefly and the answer for now, is that "its not high on the priority but is receiving attention".

Parenthetically, like many, Internet/connectivity is not an essential service inasmuch as a 90 or 95% reliability is deemed acceptable. Which also means that the system can be down for literally days at a time and still meet acceptability limits. This is one of the reasons that much of the US electrical grid still runs on DOS and COBOL because it is 99.9999% uptime/reliable. No system change can come close to that.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post

Parenthetically, like many, Internet/connectivity is not an essential service inasmuch as a 90 or 95% reliability is deemed acceptable. Which also means that the system can be down for literally days at a time and still meet acceptability limits. This is one of the reasons that much of the US electrical grid still runs on DOS and COBOL because it is 99.9999% uptime/reliable. No system change can come close to that.
I don’t know how this relates to the conversation. An phone app for an RV that replicates “hardwired” controls hardly qualifies as mission critical.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:29 PM   #18
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Boat View Post
I don’t know how this relates to the conversation. An phone app for an RV that replicates “hardwired” controls hardly qualifies as mission critical.
It relates only to explain why this problem has not been remedied; and is not a priority at Firefly. Understandable IMO.
Old 08-20-2021, 01:59 PM   #19

Just an update here: Firefly is sending me a new Mira Module to see if that alleviates the problem we're having. I'll follow up once I receive and install the module.

DK
Old 08-26-2021, 08:47 AM   #20
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:

DK
I am also in conversations with Firefly on the App question. What specifically are the deficiencies you experience with the App?

I am seeing false or no temp report for the Front AC and no ability to change the thermostat for the front. I can switch it on but it will respond only to the thermostat setting on Firefly screen. I have V4.10 of the Firmware.

Does anyone have other functions not working on the App? I believe a few already have a Jack/Leveler control installed on their Firefly system vs the system's own App. Since I do not, I will not be commenting to FIREFLY on that function.

Tags
jacks, temperature