Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2021, 08:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
I am also in conversations with Firefly on the App question. What specifically are the deficiencies you experience with the App?

I am seeing false or no temp report for the Front AC and no ability to change the thermostat for the front. I can switch it on but it will respond only to the thermostat setting on Firefly screen. I have V4.10 of the Firmware.

Does anyone have other functions not working on the App? I believe a few already have a Jack/Leveler control installed on their Firefly system vs the system's own App. Since I do not, I will not be commenting to FIREFLY on that function.
Question for all on version 4.9 or higher. Is your generator charging the batteries at 100% versus the 20% on version 4.6.
Has that been fixed? We can wait for the other issues to eventually be fixed.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:28 AM   #22
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
Question for all on version 4.9 or higher. Is your generator charging the batteries at 100% versus the 20% on version 4.6.
Has that been fixed? We can wait for the other issues to eventually be fixed.
That issue was fixed in 4.1.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:43 AM   #23

Quote:
That issue was fixed in 4.1.
4.1. ?
Old 08-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #24
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
4.1. ?
Apologies - shoulda been 4.10
Old 08-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #25

So if you go to post #2, I showed photos of what the Firefly screen and the VegaTouch app were reading. This was on version 4.9.

A few days later, I received version 4.10 and here are the photos of the Firefly screen and the VegaTouch app.

As you can see, now I have a 'Temp Sensor Error' message on the Front. I've explained this to Firefly how their programmers 'may' have coded in the incorrect sensor location but they don't believe so.

I received the new module in the mail and I will install it this weekend to see if there is any change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 02, 11 30 34 AM.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	261766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 02, 11 31 34 AM.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	261767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 02, 11 31 37 AM.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	261768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 02, 11 31 40 AM.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	261769  
Old 08-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #26
Norwood Auto Italia

When you write "module" do you mean the Firefly control or the G12?
Old 08-27-2021, 06:09 PM   #27

Quote:
When you write "module" do you mean the Firefly control or the G12?
It is the VegaTouch module. It connects to the Firefly to send data over Bluetooth.

DK
DK_Isata5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 06:26 PM   #28
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK_Isata5 View Post
It is the VegaTouch module. It connects to the Firefly to send data over Bluetooth.

DK
Hmm that is interesting. Where is it mounted?
Old 08-27-2021, 06:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Hmm that is interesting. Where is it mounted?
Right next to the G12 under the closet in the 30FW.
DK_Isata5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #30

Quote:
Right next to the G12 under the closet in the 30FW.
Sitting by to wait what you find out. Happy install, and thank you for your valuable posts.
Old 08-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #31

I was able to install the new Mira Module today. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue and maybe made the issue worse?

After connecting the module to the G12, I synced it with my app and it performed an update automatically (firmware update?). Once the update was finished, I switched over to the climate screen and the tank compt would keep cycling repeatedly. It would go from showing everything correctly, then to missing the compartment temperature set temp then to missing both the set temp and the temperature reading and then back to showing everything correctly. The time between the screen refresh was about 3-5 seconds. I've attached photos of the screens that it would cycle between.

I disconnected all power to the entire RV, unplugged the G12's J17 pin and reinstalled, then reconnected shore power. This made no difference, everything was the same as before.

With the new module installed, I was still unable to function the equalizer jack system with the app or the firefly panel.

Since the problem seemed to be worse (climate screen would always go back to the Tank Compt Screen), I uninstalled the new module and reinstalled the old module.

After reinstalling the old module, I was flipping through settings and I noticed on the Firefly panel screen that only two sensors were being picked up - are there supposed to be three?

DK
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Photo Aug 29, 11 12 25 AM.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	261914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 29, 11 12 19 AM.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	261915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 29, 11 12 14 AM.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	261916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Aug 29, 11 19 36 AM.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	261917  
Old 08-29-2021, 03:04 PM   #32
Norwood Auto Italia

There should be an outside temperature sensor reading. Sensor is usually in the Def compartment.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:32 PM   #33

Quote:
So if you go to post #2, I showed photos of what the Firefly screen and the VegaTouch app were reading. This was on version 4.9.

A few days later, I received version 4.10 and here are the photos of the Firefly screen and the VegaTouch app.

As you can see, now I have a 'Temp Sensor Error' message on the Front. I've explained this to Firefly how their programmers 'may' have coded in the incorrect sensor location but they don't believe so.

I received the new module in the mail and I will install it this weekend to see if there is any change.
I have the same error since May when I loaded v4.10. told Melvin and sent pictures......
Old 08-30-2021, 10:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
I have the same error since May when I loaded v4.10. told Melvin and sent pictures......
Toshu, what would you recommend to do?
Since we have the issue with generator charging set at 20% upgrading to 4.10 would fix that. However we would have the same issue with the sensors on the App.
Do you foresee that issue being taken care off on the next update?
We might not boondock in the trees anytime soon with no solar charging.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:31 PM   #35

Okay, so another item popped up while working with v4.10... not sure if this was happening with v4.9 (don't believe so).

1.) When I am using the VegaTouch app, and I press 'Cool' to turn on the Front AC, it turns on - all good so far.

2.) I was poking around and I pressed the 'sync' button on the Front Climate Control page (circled in green - two little arrows in a circle), it would kick on the Rear AC unit but the unit would not show active on the Firefly panel nor in the VegaTouch app!

It took me over 25 minutes to get the AC units to fully turn off - they were turning off and on by their own. I finally had to set the set temps to 90* on the panel - I think the app was in sort of an 'endless loop'.

Does anyone know what the 'update config' does in the VegaTouch app?

And finally, the set temp for the front AC would flash between 85* and 96* - constantly going back and forth without any input.

I truly believe the developers / programmers have messed up their output and input signals on where they send and receive data with the VegaTouch module. This makes the most logical sense and they completely dismiss it.

DK
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture_20210831.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	262009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_20210831 pt2.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	262010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_20210831 pt3.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	262011  
Old 08-31-2021, 07:34 PM   #36

Quote:
Okay, so another item popped up while working with v4.10... not sure if this was happening with v4.9 (don't believe so).

1.) When I am using the VegaTouch app, and I press 'Cool' to turn on the Front AC, it turns on - all good so far.

2.) I was poking around and I pressed the 'sync' button on the Front Climate Control page (circled in green - two little arrows in a circle), it would kick on the Rear AC unit but the unit would not show active on the Firefly panel nor in the VegaTouch app!

It took me over 25 minutes to get the AC units to fully turn off - they were turning off and on by their own. I finally had to set the set temps to 90* on the panel - I think the app was in sort of an 'endless loop'.

Does anyone know what the 'update config' does in the VegaTouch app?

And finally, the set temp for the front AC would flash between 85* and 96* - constantly going back and forth without any input.

I truly believe the developers / programmers have messed up their output and input signals on where they send and receive data with the VegaTouch module. This makes the most logical sense and they completely dismiss it.

DK
Our solution. Told the wife not to use the app to do anything AC temperature related other than on the Firefly screen.

Actually, She had the same issue on 4.6, you pointed out on 4.10, and it took me forever to get the AC unites synced again with the main panel.
That kicked off the first service call to Firefly. Now here is the concerning part. My wife from day 1 used the app to start the AC and change temperature from the comfort of the cozy bed. The issue occurred about 4 month into our trip and I do believe it was based on an App update on our iPhone.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:14 AM   #37

Quote:
Our solution. Told the wife not to use the app to do anything AC temperature related other than on the Firefly screen.

Actually, She had the same issue on 4.6, you pointed out on 4.10, and it took me forever to get the AC unites synced again with the main panel.
That kicked off the first service call to Firefly. Now here is the concerning part. My wife from day 1 used the app to start the AC and change temperature from the comfort of the cozy bed. The issue occurred about 4 month into our trip and I do believe it was based on an App update on our iPhone.
msusslin,

Was this timeframe around late May / early June by chance when the issue started appearing?

DK
Old 09-01-2021, 11:06 AM   #38

Quote:
Toshu, what would you recommend to do?
Since we have the issue with generator charging set at 20% upgrading to 4.10 would fix that. However we would have the same issue with the sensors on the App.
Do you foresee that issue being taken care off on the next update?
We might not boondock in the trees anytime soon with no solar charging.
Let me say that I cant foresee what Firefly does or doesnt do or when. I also dont know if we can go backwards with the FW if things go crazy. Might be worth asking....

However, I did a week of dry camping and used the generator (with my Xplorer solar) successfully. Charge rates up to ~700W in Bulk mode. No problem charging the 400ah Li batteries properly to run slide and all else. Unfortunately I was partially under trees and we have had monsoon storms here in AZ so I didnt get full soar...

I believe I was one of the first people who questioned the charge rate of the generator, so the 4.9 update was great and useful. It was 4.10 I believe that the purpose was to keep settings in volatile memory from needing to be reset when there was a power loss to the coach....thats been solved but now we have the App problem.

From what I have seem on about 15 days of camping is that the panel works 100%, although I dont mess around with sub menus "syncing" the AC units, like DK has tried. They just work.

WRT the app, right now I still have the problem with the front AC room temp missing. Most control of the ACs seem to work. I also discovered a strange situation where I used the Master Lights off function on the app, with the LR lights on, and only half of those lights went out. Off the panel, they work fine.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:31 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshu View Post
WRT the app, right now I still have the problem with the front AC room temp missing. Most control of the ACs seem to work. I also discovered a strange situation where I used the Master Lights off function on the app, with the LR lights on, and only half of those lights went out. Off the panel, they work fine.
toshu,

I had that same anomaly happen with the lights, I believe it was the can lights above the dinette and the theater seats.

Question for anyone reading this particular thread, does anyone else have issues with the jacks not working through the VegaTouch app? These worked up until late May for me. I have not tried the EQ - equalizer app.

DK
Old 09-01-2021, 12:28 PM   #40
Norwood Auto Italia

I can advise that Firefly are aware of all these issues and are actively working to resolve them.

They, like so many companies have been struggling with skill/staff/assignment juggling during this post/neo Covid phase and this problem got side tracked as I had expected a couple of months ago.

In their world of priorities, the App is a just a feature, not an essential. I am sure they will get it right however in the meantime we will just have to employ those legs to visit the screen.

What a shame! Such a First World Problem. My opinion, not theirs BTW.

Tags
jacks, temperature