Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2020, 10:36 PM   #1

Victron settings from Factory??

Does anyone have the correct Victron setting for a 2021 Recent release Xplorer system? We are picking up our unit next week, and I want to connect the app and make sure that everything is set according to the proper factory settings for the Relion batteries supplied. Never know what a dealer might do.....
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:29 AM   #2

The following setup was given to me by a Battleborn engineer but should be applicable to your new systems!!

BMV-712 setup:

Battery Capacity: Total AH of your bank of batteries*
Charged voltage: 14.4v but note that this # should be about .1 or .2 volts back of what the charging voltage is set to in your charging device*
Discharge Floor: 0%
Tail Current: 2-4% is good
Charged Detection Time: 3m
Peukert Exponent: 1.05
Charge Efficiency Factor: 99%
Current threshold: 0.10A
Time to go averaging period 3m
Battery Starts Synchronized: blue button should be to the right
State of Charge: leave alone
Synchronize SOC to 100%: Leave alone, this device will sync itself at the top of the charge
Zero Current Calibration: Leave alone
Ursusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursusb View Post
The following setup was given to me by a Battleborn engineer but should be applicable to your new systems!!

BMV-712 setup:

Charged voltage: 14.4v but note that this # should be about .1 or .2 volts back of what the charging voltage is set to in your charging device*
Synchronize SOC to 100%: Leave alone, this device will sync itself at the top of the charge
Sounds like you added BB Li batteries to your rig??
toshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:59 AM   #4

My rig (30 FW) did not have the lipo option at the time so my project for this fall/winter was to add lipo and extra solar.

Ended up with 3 BB 100ah lipo batts and added 2 renogy 175w solar panels for 550w total (the rule of thumb for solar and lipo is 200w per 100ah batt) in a series/parallel 24vdc arrangement for the panels.

I also removed the PWM solar controller and installed a Victron MPPT so I could run the 24v S/P solar in and 12vdc out to the batts. Rerouted the batt cables for the Victron shunt. Put the Victron headend into the spot on the pillar I removed the PWM solar controller. And the BIM 225 for the LiBIM 225 for chassis charging.

And on the 7th day rested.. working on this stuff, roof, batt compartment and under the rig does take a toll on these retired bones.

C’mon spring!,!,!
Ursusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursusb View Post

BMV-712 setup:

I used this post, which looks very similar (for obvious reasons) https://battlebornbatteries.com/conf...etooth-dongle/
WeQuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory