Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2021, 04:29 PM   #1

Warning, your chassis warranty is not what you think!

Just got our I5 30FW back from the dealer after a $2300 bill to replace the ABS and electronic brake modules. We are out of warranty by what I thought was only 2 months since I took delivery April 2018. So, the dealer suggested I contact Chrysler Corporate to ask for some help since I was only 2 months out of warranty. Well, what they told me was that since Forest River bought the chassis cab June 2017, that is when the warranty period began and that I was actually out of warranty as of June 2020! I had the girl escalate to a supervisor who, when he called me back, said the same thing no matter how much I argued that this can't be right or ethical, and tried to get him to put himself in my position. That I had taken possession of the unit a full year after they supposedly began the warranty period, but he just kept saying sorry, that's the way it is. AARRGGGHHH!!! I did not have any idea this was a thing, not sure I would have done anything differently as I am not an extended warranty buyer, but this was a shocker to me. So, if you have something go wrong and FR has had your RV sitting on the lot as a lot of them are these days, know your chassis warranty is ticking down even though you haven't even touched it!
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:43 PM   #2

Sounds like your dealership may not have filed the delayed start paperwork correctly. As you think it should work is how it should work.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #3

Agree with Fourwhl, probably a dealer error. We picked up our I5 mid-March 2020 and the first time I went to the RAM dealer, I asked him to pull up my start date and it’s was March 15, 2020. The RAM chassis is a 2019.

You are not the first one to report an issue with the delayed start paperwork.

My dealer gave me two warranty papers at the pickup, one was the RAM warranty start notice and the other was the Dynamax warranty start.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:07 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
Just got our I5 30FW back from the dealer after a $2300 bill to replace the ABS and electronic brake modules. We are out of warranty by what I thought was only 2 months since I took delivery April 2018. So, the dealer suggested I contact Chrysler Corporate to ask for some help since I was only 2 months out of warranty. Well, what they told me was that since Forest River bought the chassis cab June 2017, that is when the warranty period began and that I was actually out of warranty as of June 2020! I had the girl escalate to a supervisor who, when he called me back, said the same thing no matter how much I argued that this can't be right or ethical, and tried to get him to put himself in my position. That I had taken possession of the unit a full year after they supposedly began the warranty period, but he just kept saying sorry, that's the way it is. AARRGGGHHH!!! I did not have any idea this was a thing, not sure I would have done anything differently as I am not an extended warranty buyer, but this was a shocker to me. So, if you have something go wrong and FR has had your RV sitting on the lot as a lot of them are these days, know your chassis warranty is ticking down even though you haven't even touched it!
1. This is incorrect. Every single chassis mfg, sells it to us and then we sell it, it gets a "delayed start warranty"...that means the warranty starts on retail purchase (or 4,000 miles in the case of Ford). Some OEM's like Mercedes do in fact start their warranty on retail sale OR at 18 months after production date...that is on them, NOT on the RV manufacturer. We did get them to extend that to 24 months I think.

2. All you had to do was ask if this was correct. If you shoot the last (6) of the VIN and a copy of the purchase agreement/retail sale to your customer service rep, we can likely get Ram to go in and properly register it...I did think there are some 5yr/60k on the drivetrain maybe? I don't recall.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:28 PM   #5

2. All you had to do was ask if this was correct. If you shoot the last (6) of the VIN and a copy of the purchase agreement/retail sale to your customer service rep, we can likely get Ram to go in and properly register it...I did think there are some 5yr/60k on the drivetrain maybe? I don't recall.[/QUOTE]

Brian, I not only asked if this was correct, I escalated it to a supervisor and had a bit of heated discussion with them that this could not be right. He insisted they have no way of knowing when the 1st owner (Forest River) sold the vehicle to me, the 2nd owner, and so they would not extend the warranty. Who is my rep? I live in CA. They also told me the warranty was 3/36k so would have been up April 2021 and the modules went out June 2021. I was hoping that since it was only 2 months out that they would do something for us but it doesn't seem likely. However, I would like it corrected. Can you send me the name and email of the person I need to send the vin and purchase agreement to? Thanks!
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 06-20-2021, 03:32 PM   #6

Warning, your chassis warranty is not what you think!

You definitely need to get this fixed because I believe the Cummins is warranted for 5 years. So even if your bumper to bumper is over you would still have power train warranty.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
2. All you had to do was ask if this was correct. If you shoot the last (6) of the VIN and a copy of the purchase agreement/retail sale to your customer service rep, we can likely get Ram to go in and properly register it...I did think there are some 5yr/60k on the drivetrain maybe? I don't recall.

Brian, I not only asked if this was correct, I escalated it to a supervisor and had a bit of heated discussion with them that this could not be right. He insisted they have no way of knowing when the 1st owner (Forest River) sold the vehicle to me, the 2nd owner, and so they would not extend the warranty. Who is my rep? I live in CA. They also told me the warranty was 3/36k so would have been up April 2021 and the modules went out June 2021. I was hoping that since it was only 2 months out that they would do something for us but it doesn't seem likely. However, I would like it corrected. Can you send me the name and email of the person I need to send the vin and purchase agreement to? Thanks![/QUOTE]

2. Sorry, I meant "ask here" to confirm.

I don't like to post the customer service name/number in the event that it changes, so I always refer people to the link.

On our website, there is a "Contact us" tab.

https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us

If you expand the "Service" section it will show the names along with a map you can click on to see who has what territory.

If the warranty was up, then only the items covered in the 5yr would matter.

Old 06-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #8

I don't like to post the customer service name/number in the event that it changes, so I always refer people to the link.

If you expand the "Service" section it will show the names along with a map you can click on to see who has what territory.

If the warranty was up, then only the items covered in the 5yr would matter.[/QUOTE]

got it from the web site. I sent the email via the form on the website, not regular email so if she needs the purchase agreement I asked her to let me know and I would send it regular email.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 06-20-2021, 08:05 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:

If the warranty was up, then only the items covered in the 5yr would matter.
got it from the web site. I sent the email via the form on the website, not regular email so if she needs the purchase agreement I asked her to let me know and I would send it regular email.[/QUOTE]

The form is there for security purposes if someone is not using an email provider that has the right level of security. You can always "copy" and "paste" the address and send like a normal email.

Tags
warranty