Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2020, 11:08 PM   #1

Warranty Dates

Hi all, can anyone tell me why Ram is telling me my unit was put into service 6 months before I bought it? I know the factory had to have it a while but aren't I the first owner? Ram told me My unit was "in service" May 12 2019. I took delivery asap the day my dealer had it ready to go, Nov 22nd 2019. Thanks Mark
GPCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
Dynamax - Warranty, Parts

In most cases that I see this it is because the dealer never registered the delayed start warranty with the chassis manufacturer. When this happens the chassis manufacture will actually show you as a "second owner" Calling Dynamax the first owner. This is corrected when the selling dealer properly files the delayed start with the chassis manufacturer.

Chassis warranties do have a point in time when they automatically start. You don't typically run into that with new passenger vehicles because dealers will discount vehicles of that age to move them before that happens. RV dealers can sometimes be a little slower at that.

If you PM me the last 8 digits of your VIN I will check what I can on our end. I might be able to at least tell you if the vehicle was aged enough for the warranty to auto start. If it wasn't that old then it can still be corrected by your dealer submitting the delayed start warranty registration to the chassis manufacturer.

Apologize for such a long response to what seems like a straight forward question.
ddobecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:24 AM   #3

When I bought my 2021 Isata 5 30FW in March 2020, when we were closing the financial aspects, the dealer showed me two documents he was filing on my behalf. One was the warranty start with RAM and the other was the warranty with Dynamax. Definitely get back to your dealers administrative staff and find out why this was not done.

I asked my RAM dealer what my warranty start was when I had my first oil change and they told me March 2020.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #4

I don't remember any such form but I hope I can get theses six mths back. You never know what may happen. Thanks Mark
GPCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty