Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #81
Señor Miembro

BC,

1. Step covers - Yes, those look like what we need, assuming there is only one size, style, color, shape. Can you send the proper adhesive too please? Or is it some generic goop?

2. Screen door latch - that looks like it. Does it come with the striker plate? It is also cracked

3. Lights - yup, same part #. However, has there been some sort of change in the lights without a part number change? The light that Appleway replaced, is the same size but a different color and style. See attached picture. So tell me again why I should be happy with Appleway when I have to re-fix many of their ‘fixes’?

A. Emergency exit window. Ok, I get the code problem. I’ll just order a replacement for the emergency exit window and not a dining room one. Again, that was something Appleway was supposed to fix.

B. Sliding door glass - sending door frame direct sans glass is ok by me if it is still a cost savings to you to for Dynamax to pay local for dealer Johnsonrv, to swap glass from damaged door to new door. Seems like labor would eat up any savings but I’m not privy to pricing. That’ll be our 5th replacement.
I’ll confirm the dimensions you sent later when I get back to the rig.

C. Bunk curtain - in short, it’s taken care of now. Appleway “fixed” a bunk bed curtain track but then lost one of the over cab bunk curtains. At least I noticed it missing on trip back home and we had it before trip to Appleway. Since it’s hard enough to get parts and we couldn’t prove Appleway lost it, we just bought a new cob curtain from Sara. Of course it didn’t match the old curtain so we just replaced the old curtain entirely.

Stainless steel rocker trim piece - it bent because the door wasn’t adjusted correctly and the ss trim was catching on the edge of the adjoining door. It bent when I was showing the Appleway tech the problem at pickup.

Thanks,
Rob
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #82
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
BC,

1. Step covers - Yes, those look like what we need, assuming there is only one size, style, color, shape. Can you send the proper adhesive too please? Or is it some generic goop?

2. Screen door latch - that looks like it. Does it come with the striker plate? It is also cracked

3. Lights - yup, same part #. However, has there been some sort of change in the lights without a part number change? The light that Appleway replaced, is the same size but a different color and style. See attached picture. So tell me again why I should be happy with Appleway when I have to re-fix many of their ‘fixes’?

A. Emergency exit window. Ok, I get the code problem. I’ll just order a replacement for the emergency exit window and not a dining room one. Again, that was something Appleway was supposed to fix.

B. Sliding door glass - sending door frame direct sans glass is ok by me if it is still a cost savings to you to for Dynamax to pay local for dealer Johnsonrv, to swap glass from damaged door to new door. Seems like labor would eat up any savings but I’m not privy to pricing. That’ll be our 5th replacement.
I’ll confirm the dimensions you sent later when I get back to the rig.

C. Bunk curtain - in short, it’s taken care of now. Appleway “fixed” a bunk bed curtain track but then lost one of the over cab bunk curtains. At least I noticed it missing on trip back home and we had it before trip to Appleway. Since it’s hard enough to get parts and we couldn’t prove Appleway lost it, we just bought a new cob curtain from Sara. Of course it didn’t match the old curtain so we just replaced the old curtain entirely.

Stainless steel rocker trim piece - it bent because the door wasn’t adjusted correctly and the ss trim was catching on the edge of the adjoining door. It bent when I was showing the Appleway tech the problem at pickup.

Thanks,
Rob
1. They are self adhesive
2. I will check (Dan pulled one off of a door)
3. We have not made any changes to my knowledge. Part number is identical? even the CW (cool white)

A. OK
B. I'm not worried about cost savings. The glass is not in stock and I am worried about sending another door and having the glass break again (as the first one did). I am trying to ensure an install-able door, not save money.
C. Noted.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:36 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What parts are you waiting on for a Macerator? 99 times out of 100, if the toilet it not holding water, then the hose inside is not raised high enough. All they need to do is pull the toilet, strap the drain higher so it does not create a siphon.

Who says they are waiting on parts? You or the dealer?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cd-content....a05b45445c.pdf

Page 3 item #6. If the discharge hose is too low, it will not hold water.
The dealer, they looked at the hose and it cannot be pulled up any higher.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:49 PM   #84
Señor Miembro

MJB,
FWIW, I also had an RV dealer (my friends at appleway) swear up and down that they'd fixed our thetford macerator toilet. They'd replaced the sensor, the switch and done something else.
But, It still didn't hold water like it did when it was new for the first few days until the hose settled a little. They then tried to tell me repeatedly, and a little belligerently, that it was supposed to be like that and none of the RV toilets held much water.
Then I showed them the instructions on the underside of the toilet lid and asked them, if it was fixed, to show me how to adjust the water level up to what is shown on the diagram. They tried but then seemed stumped and left again. The next day (I was onsite for pickup), one of their senior technicians finally looked up online the toilet manual and later admitted, there was a big bold notice about the exact problem and the fix was exactly as BC had said and that I'd been telling them over and over again. Hopefully your repair folks will come to their senses a little sooner than my did and my story helps you out a little.
Good luck,
Rob
Old 08-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #85
Señor Miembro

Picture of light appleway installed

The dome is a very close match when installed and turned off but it's clearly a very different lamp. Just FYI for FWIW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	appleway wrong light.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	237781  
Old 08-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #86
Señor Miembro

Sliding Door Dimensions Confirmed

BC,

The doors specs you attached a few posts back for the Native Hardwoods part # DYN-8613, are in fact for the actual door we have. Thanks.

Quote:
It is interesting the bad luck that you have, not just with us, but it seems Raney's can't get your parts right, we can never get your parts right.
I agree, it is interesting I have such bad luck with Raneys, Dynamax, Appleway, Freightliner, etc. Sometimes, it seems like if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all with my Dynaquest XL. In fact, just as I started writing this post, my wife told me our clothes washer just started leaking again! Oh and 3 of the 4 screw heads for the louvered panel under the washer are stripped However, Just to prove I'm not posting all negative, I have been very lucky in finding our local mobile tech "Sky's Toy Service", Diesel Exhaust Emissions, Les Schwab, and RoadMaster and have posted positively about those experiences too! I'm not "airing dirty laundry", I'm just calling them as I see/experience them for those who come after and want honest posts about the trials and tribulations of owning a Dynamax. My personal Dynamax experiences do not earn me a seat on the Dynamax fanboy sunshine pumper bandwagon. Though I really wish I could have been and had hoped I'd be in that club.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 08-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #87

Quote:
MJB,
FWIW, I also had an RV dealer (my friends at appleway) swear up and down that they'd fixed our thetford macerator toilet. They'd replaced the sensor, the switch and done something else.
But, It still didn't hold water like it did when it was new for the first few days until the hose settled a little. They then tried to tell me repeatedly, and a little belligerently, that it was supposed to be like that and none of the RV toilets held much water.
Then I showed them the instructions on the underside of the toilet lid and asked them, if it was fixed, to show me how to adjust the water level up to what is shown on the diagram. They tried but then seemed stumped and left again. The next day (I was onsite for pickup), one of their senior technicians finally looked up online the toilet manual and later admitted, there was a big bold notice about the exact problem and the fix was exactly as BC had said and that I'd been telling them over and over again. Hopefully your repair folks will come to their senses a little sooner than my did and my story helps you out a little.
Good luck,
Rob
I looked myself and the hose cannot be raised any further. If the dealer is waiting on parts and they aren’t sending parts, what is my recourse?
I try to fix all these items myself but this one needs parts.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:51 AM   #88
Señor Miembro

MJB, Have you tried calling the manufacturer tech support? They should know the product best and might be able to steer you in the right direction toward getting it working. They may even be able to tell you where to get parts. Although I thought the same about carefree awnings. Please keep us posted and Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:46 PM   #89
PSU

Since Danielle Sodeman has stepped in to take over our warranty issues, there has been immediate improvement. The phone is now answered or there is no longer a long wait for a response. Treat her well and give her a bonus, she is a keeper!
PSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #90
Commercial Member

Quote:
1. They are self adhesive
2. I will check (Dan pulled one off of a door)
3. We have not made any changes to my knowledge. Part number is identical? even the CW (cool white)

A. OK
B. I'm not worried about cost savings. The glass is not in stock and I am worried about sending another door and having the glass break again (as the first one did). I am trying to ensure an install-able door, not save money.
C. Noted.
All of the parts should have been shipped now, per the pictures. The last item was the SS trim part. They were supposed to send pictures with the dimensions on the tape. I know you sent some pictures, but from the angle we could not get accurate dimensions and many of those are cut to fit.

The last time is the door and I gave the go ahead for Native Hardwood to send that direct. (sans glass)

Old 09-02-2020, 03:48 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
I've been waiting since June 29th to get parts for my macerator toilet on my Isata 5. Any amount of time for a warranty item that keeps one from using their brand-new rig properly is too long. This toilet didn't hold water from the start so using the rig results in much water being used to flush. Also suspect the water draining out is allowing smell to enter the rig. Been very patient up to this point.
Keep in mind the dealer had a long wait time for an appointment so the customer is not only waiting for the part to arrive, they are waiting month(s) to the appointment time to get the part ordered after it was diagnosed.
I had that problem and if your problem is what I had there is a simple fix. It's in your toilet manual installation instructions. The drain hose top loop or bend has to be about an inch above the desired water level other wise if installed too low it will siphon the water from the bowl. I fixed mine. PM me if you want specific instructions.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:51 PM   #92

Quote:
MJB,
Good luck,
Rob
I have an I5 DS 2019 and I had similar problems with my macerator toilet in the beginning. If you have the same toilet I think I know the issue and it's an easy DIY fix. PM me if you want specifics.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
I had that problem and if your problem is what I had there is a simple fix. It's in your toilet manual installation instructions. The drain hose top loop or bend has to be about an inch above the desired water level other wise if installed too low it will siphon the water from the bowl. I fixed mine. PM me if you want specific instructions.
They received a new toilet and put it in today. It now works as it should, was not the drain hose being installed too low. Now the long wait for a couple drawer slides that were broken when the unit arrived. I told them to drop ship to me and I’ll put them in.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #94
Señor Miembro

I finally received the parts! Unfortunately, it took 4 months and had to get the GM involved (thanks BC) but, hopefully, whatever the problem was, has been rectified. I'm cautiously optimistic that parts ordering will be better going forward.
Though I did receive an extra window that doesn't even fit my RV. I'm hoping it wasn't some one else's.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #95
Señor Miembro

Step Covers question

BC,

I received the step covers, thanks! However, since they are self adhering and failed the first time, is there some additional adhesive you could recommend that will work well with the existing adhesive that we could use to really secure them down well? I had assumed that the reason the corners peeled up the first time was incomplete coverage by a hurried installer but since they self adhere, what can I do to improve my odds of a good outcome this time? I plan on using a J-roller on it to really stick it on there.
Also, I noticed part of the problem is the way they are stored and shipped. Taking them out of the box, they are already naturally curling up, especially at the corners just like the ones on my rig did.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 09-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #96
Commercial Member

Quote:
BC,

I received the step covers, thanks! However, since they are self adhering and failed the first time, is there some additional adhesive you could recommend that will work well with the existing adhesive that we could use to really secure them down well? I had assumed that the reason the corners peeled up the first time was incomplete coverage by a hurried installer but since they self adhere, what can I do to improve my odds of a good outcome this time? I plan on using a J-roller on it to really stick it on there.
Also, I noticed part of the problem is the way they are stored and shipped. Taking them out of the box, they are already naturally curling up, especially at the corners just like the ones on my rig did.

Thanks,
Rob
We don't actually install those, they come that way from Summit, the SS supplier. I am guessing someone was handling them at the edges to apply them and maybe did not have the cleanest hands. Best bet is to make sure that the surface they are being applied to is super clean.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #97

3m makes an adhesion promoter. I have cleaned the area with alcohol then used adhesion promoter to help things stick, seemed to help, but I have not tried that on an outside step, just throwing out an idea.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:11 AM   #98
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
3m makes an adhesion promoter. I have cleaned the area with alcohol then used adhesion promoter to help things stick, seemed to help, but I have not tried that on an outside step, just throwing out an idea.
We have done the same...not sure if it helped or not.

Old 09-24-2020, 12:31 PM   #99
Commercial Member

PS. Native Hardwoods informed me yesterday that the door was finished. They were direct shipping via FedX freight (to prevent handling mishaps) and just needed a contact name. We gave that to them the same day, so it should be on its way this week (if not today)

Old 09-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #100

Without adding to any consternation, I would like to add my personal recent parts experience to this thread.

In March, I took my Dynaquest to a national service provider (who shall remain nameless) for a problem with the chassis battery cutoff relay and switch. After a parts delay of 2 months, (understandable given the rise in sales during that period) the parts arrived from FR. Guess what, wrong parts.

OK no biggie, parts reordered, and another 2 months passes, guess what? Wrong parts from FR again.

Now the service co is asking me to get the part numbers directly off the components to ensure FR gets it right.

To the OP's inital chagrin, I am experiiencing a similar situation where simple replacement parts like a lighted rocker switch and transfer relay are difficult to obtain. It seems FR/DM did not keep a record of what what parts were used to build 2012 390XLs.

BC, I don't need any help here and appreciate your concern and customer interations (best in class), but did want to let the world know that the OP's experience was not unique. BTW I am a happy Dnaquest owner.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, warranty