Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #1

Warranty problem w/ Chrysler/Ram- REV 24 RB

Hi,
I have a 2017 REV 24 that was purchased from a dealer in Colfax, Iowa July 2018. It’s on a 2015 Ram Prostar chassis. When I spoke to my local Ram dealer about service he informed me that the 3 year warranty expired Jan., 2019. I then called Chrysler Corp and was told that the vehicle shows being “put into service” in Jan. 2016. When I asked who they showed as the buyer/title holder her response was a guy named Forest River. I kid you not!! I explained the whole motorhome manufacturer issue and that I was the first title holder. She assured me that she would research this and get back with me....that was two weeks ago!! Any suggestions on how to reconcile this misunderstanding would be greatly appreciated.
Luckeyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckeyjim View Post
Hi,
I have a 2017 REV 24 that was purchased from a dealer in Colfax, Iowa July 2018. It’s on a 2015 Ram Prostar chassis. When I spoke to my local Ram dealer about service he informed me that the 3 year warranty expired Jan., 2019. I then called Chrysler Corp and was told that the vehicle shows being “put into service” in Jan. 2016. When I asked who they showed as the buyer/title holder her response was a guy named Forest River. I kid you not!! I explained the whole motorhome manufacturer issue and that I was the first title holder. She assured me that she would research this and get back with me....that was two weeks ago!! Any suggestions on how to reconcile this misunderstanding would be greatly appreciated.
FYI my 2017 REV on a 2025 chassis had warranty expire this past April. I bought it in 2016.

Whoever did your initial paperwork may have screwed up. You should start with your dealer .

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
FYI my 2017 REV on a 2025 chassis had warranty expire this past April. I bought it in 2016.

Whoever did your initial paperwork may have screwed up. You should start with your dealer .
My typing sucks. Fat fingers. 2015 chassis.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:37 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckeyjim View Post
Hi,
If the dealer did not file the delayed start warranty (as in, when you buy the motor home), then it likely was NEVER registered. Once you register, it resets the warranty, but they are correct, Forest River as the 2nd stage mfg is listed as the warranty holder until then. We've dealt with this for quite a while not. They just need bill of sale and to file the warranty paperwork for the chassis.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #5

Thanks for this information on this warranty issue. Is there anyway that I can initiate this process with Chrysler or does the RV dealer have to do it? I’m afraid that they will tell me that they’re not familiar with dealing with Chrysler and know the people to contact there.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
Commercial Member

I would try the dealer first, at the very least to get the confirmation of sale, registration date, etc and let them know they need to do the chassis registration. Then you can always reach out to the service contact on our site. https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #7

Thanks for your help with this warranty problem, Brian. I contacted the dealer and asked their warranty department representative to follow the steps you outlined with hopes of getting the warranty timing reset.

Tags
warranty