Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #21

Our 1994 Country Coach Concept had a all in one Splendid and as long as only put in loose 1/2 full load wife says it worked great.
I have a new Splendid all in one in my shop for microfiber rags and it works great!
We have the Whirlpool washer and dryer in our in our DX3 and had full failure of the washer (that is a Royal pain not a lot of room to remove) I found a new old stock washer with hot/cold to replace dead one. I kept the old one as spare, you can get parts to fix it, we have a very good appliance parts house in Omaha.
Wife says if either of our units bites it again we will be going to a single Splendid unit as replacement so she can put a dirty hamper etc on top vs using the washer as the laundry basket. That is mine and wife’s two cents.
retired18whler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #22

We use the washer and dryer drum as our laundry basket. Solved a space problem.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU View Post
Brian, the timing of your question is interesting. We placed our DX3 order three weeks ago and the final question was whether to go with the factory stacking W/D, or install an all-in-one after delivery. After doing some research on what was currently available with all-in-one units, we decided to order without the stacking factory units.

If you make the all-in-one option available you may have some fans. We sold out of a 2014 Seneca and it was always an annoyance having to move around the laundry basket on the floor, in front of the stackable... all-in-one units involves some known compromises, but having a place for everything that is out of the way, will be appreciated here!

If your order without the washer/dryer, I believe the factory does not install the dryer vent on the wall. At least that is how our HD comes. The plumbing and electric are in the closet but no outside vent. Could be an issue with the custom paint. May want to ask if the DX3 will still have dryer vent installed.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #24
Eat Pray Love

We boondock 95% of the time. Our used 2016 DX3 37BH came with the stackable Whirlpool W & Dryer. We have used the W/D once to see if it worked. For there size... they actually worked great. Now though I'm thinking of removing them for more added space. Any comments before I have a few beers and remove them this summer? We are snowbirds on the road for winters, ~ 6 months in SW Ca.
Tom & Janis Edelman Keuka Lake NY
tedelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedelman View Post
We boondock 95% of the time. Our used 2016 DX3 37BH came with the stackable Whirlpool W & Dryer. We have used the W/D once to see if it worked. For there size... they actually worked great. Now though I'm thinking of removing them for more added space. Any comments before I have a few beers and remove them this summer? We are snowbirds on the road for winters, ~ 6 months in SW Ca.
Tom & Janis Edelman Keuka Lake NY
You will be able to sell those for sure.

Sitting as we speak, wife doing a load of wash and a load in the dryer.

she would never agree to a single machine.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote