Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2020, 12:11 AM   #21
A Mile High & a Mile Deep

I've never had a need to use the outside shower. To me it is just one more plumbing fixture to remember to drain.

If I had the problem, I'd shut the valves off, then pop the caps on the knobs, unscrew the handle screws and remove the valve knobs to a ziplock bag. If/when the need arises to shower outside, find the bag and use the knobs without the screws. Remember to close the faucets before pulling off the knobs to store them in the Ziplock.

And while we're on faucets, most plumbers will tell you that lever handles are used on faucets that open in opposite directions (like all the ones in my TT) and only rotate 90 degrees or so. Knobs are for faucets that open the same way (both are lefty on, righty off). Anyone know where I can get lever handles for my TT? Yes, I've tried the local Ace.
pcsdpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 02:23 PM   #22
WonderberryJAM

Same experience

We had a similar experience. It's scary at first when you don't know where the water is coming from. After investigating, we assumed it was the outside shower knob that had been knocked accidentally. We made sure the knob was off, cleaned up the water and have not had an issue since. We did run a fan for a day on the floor to make sure it dried out. Wish there was a way to lock those handles to prevent accidental turn ons.
WonderberryJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 05:24 PM   #23

Excellent answers to what has become a infrequent problem but persistent one nonetheless. Had the same problem one time, unfortunately, and yes it required extra diligence to ensure it didn't happen again. Fortunately, had towels in the compartment but still a wide-eyed OMG situation. We do use the outside shower for our dog to get showers for all the extra dirt, dust, etc. he may encounter on our travels. We ensure the shut off top valve stays in place and no cables, hoses might put pressure on the faucet valves. Upon getting things in place I always check them each time. Has never happened again. The FW as nice as it is suffers from a lack of storage and yes I am as guilty as anybody else trying to stuff as much as possible in the space we most use for setting up and striking down.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:43 AM   #24

Thanks for the heads up. We haven't had a problem with this, but certainly can see how it could happen.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #25

This a helpful thread as a new owner. A related question— there is a weep hole in the bottom of the shower hose fitting on the fixture, mine basically drips some when using the shower, leaving some water in the compartment (albeit far less than the experiences highlighted previously in this thread). Evidently this hole is a backflow preventer and others have commented this is a normal behavior for this device, but I’ve got to believe having a dripping faucet in an otherwise interior non draining compartment isn’t ideal. Curious if others have had this experience.
sdbruin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak