Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2020, 08:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckabrahamson View Post
When we had a TT, the slides moved in much more than on the DP, and the bottom of the slide "box" was suspended in the air about 2" off the floor. They make deeper slides on trailers because they are not to be used while in motion. So, you can get more usable space when parked (and the slides are extended).
If we stepped on the retracted slide, it would put too much stress on an unsupported floor and could break the bottom of the slide out... Just for clarity - the slide floor that is unsupported when retracted is supported by the frame of the trailer when extended. The Slide "box" moves down as it moves out...

When we moved up to a DP, the slide is constructed an entirely different way. the bottom of the slide will always rest directly on top of the coach floor. It is supported, and doesn't even budge when stepped on. As many others have stated, the Motor Homes are designed to be used while the slides are retracted, trailers are not...
Seems like nonsense to me. So you are not supposed to use the dinette when stopping for lunch on the road?

Never heard of such with 50 years of at least a dozen trailers with slides.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsriding View Post
Being new to this forum and rv'ing I find it amazing how far off topic this post has gone. Is there not an admin that monitors these things? I've learned about baby seats, dog kennels, drawers full of things, rest stops, everything except the answer, yes or no, can I use the dinette slide out while it's in? Please, people with motor homes do not chip in. I have a 2017 Forest River 27RR toy hauler. Thanks
If you look at the breadcrumb to see where this is posted it is in the Dynamax forum. It is a drivable. If you want to know about your travel trailer go look in the discussion that the original poster referenced. In that discussion you will see the reply that a member received from FR.

The items that you indicated are off topic are the weights of items that may or may not cause the slide to contain more than the 150 pound weight limit that was indicated that should not be exceeded when the slide was in. This 150 pound limit was discussed in the travel trailer discussion.
Accountingphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:20 PM   #23

During our PDI I was told and not to stand on the slight floor when it was retracted. For nine years I did not stand on it and it was still sliding both directions properly.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:09 PM   #24

Follow manufacturer recommendation

Depending on the slide system, when the slide is in, part of the floor is basically in the air.
Even that happens, if you apply excessive weight on the floor, the weight will be sustained just by the screws on the sides. And one side (the front of the slide) will be on the air and not holding any weight.
Si no, don’t as anymore weight with slide closed
gagb1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
There are no seatbelts in the rear-facing seat because of the potential for head, neck and back injuries in a collision or sudden stop while facing to the rear. Passengers can be in the forward-facing seats with seatbelts, but not in the rear-facing seats.

Infant carriers, of course, are rear-facing because the carrier itself provides head and neck when properly belted into a car, including with a latch at the top., but the infant's neck does not have sufficient strength to prevent injury while facing forward.
Our 2020 Forest River Sunseeker motorhome has four sets of seat belts in the dinette, which is on a slide. Two sets of seat belts are in forward facing seats and two sets are in rear facing seats. No label was present warning against passengers sitting in the rear facing seats during travel. In fact, the presence of seat belts in the rear facing seats invites them to do so, but perhaps the intent is only for the belts to be used to anchor child carriers.

Nonetheless, your post is good advice and a good reminder not to travel rear facing in the dinette.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:02 AM   #26

Quote:
Being new to this forum and rv'ing I find it amazing how far off topic this post has gone. Is there not an admin that monitors these things? I've learned about baby seats, dog kennels, drawers full of things, rest stops, everything except the answer, yes or no, can I use the dinette slide out while it's in? Please, people with motor homes do not chip in. I have a 2017 Forest River 27RR toy hauler. Thanks

If you don’t want people with Motorhomes to chip in, you picked the wrong forum. This is the Dynamax forum. Dynamax only makes Motorhomes. So, sort of a biased sample of folks.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:06 AM   #27
Commercial Member

Quote:
Sorry, you are the only one lost here.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f39/

If you click on that link, it will take you directly to the Cherokee Gray Wolf forum that your coach seems to be.

You're welcome.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #28

Quote:

Answer depends on whether or not the inside edge of the slide is suspended or on rollers. More than likely it will be suspended meaning there is a gap of at least and inch or more with it fully open all the way to the wall where the guide rollers sit. Get a strong flashlight, close the slide and lay down so you can see underneath and see if there is anything supporting it. If not, don't put anymore weight in it or it can warp the floor. If there are rollers, they will be at the very edge on the inside so the inside and wall side are fully supported, if so, then yes you can put more weight on it without damage.

On my Arctic Wolf the front bed is on a slide and it has rollers both inside and out to support the weight, and can be used when retracted, but the other slides cannot.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:31 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
As others have said, this thread is in the Dynamax sub-forum, in the Motorhome section of the Forum. The title specifically says "for MH" in it.
So it's quite appropriate for Motorhome owners to chip in.
I think you may have mixed up your threads, as there is a similar thread ongoing, that is specific to towables, that many Motorhome owners posted on.
I believe that it was that thread, that sparked this thread being started, strictly for Motorhome owners.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, weight