Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
Commercial Member

What about a VIP program??

Way back in the day, we used to offer factory delivery for a fee. (don't misread that as "for free"....the "R" was omitted intentionally

We have talked about doing that again...and we might. But that got me thinking about those of you that have purchased multiple coaches. While we strive to give you the best experience that we can...sometimes, a dealer might fall short, and that MAY be just a single person, not really the dealership.

So I wonder how many would participate in a VIP program. Where if you are buying your 2nd product from us, we offer to deliver it out of the factory. My people do the walk through. You can camp a night or two and we take care of any PDI issues right on site. You would have to take the time off of course and handle air-fare. But, not a bad perk for repeat buyers.

There are also logistics...like we cannot take your trade. The dealer would have to do that. And the big one....you would have to handle the paperwork before pick up. I am a firm believer in not handing over the dough, until it is how you want it. But I think those that are repeat buyers trust us enough to do that, knowing we will resolve any issues while they are here.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:22 PM   #2

Great idea. I am thinking about moving to the Isata 5 either later this year or next.

I don’t think selling a used Isata 3 will be hard, so the trade issue is not a concern. I would have taken factory delivery of the Isata 3 had it been available. I do think MHSRV does about as good a PDI as you could expect.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
Commercial Member

I agree about MHSRV. I also think, the fact they have their units plugged in and working, means people can test things all the time. They often figure out if something is not working and get it fixed BEFORE you take delivery and sometimes before you even see the coach on the lot.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:47 PM   #4

I think it is a great idea. So the dealer will take the trade, do the paper
work etc. Will the dealers participate? It would make it better for them I would think. All sounds good
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:53 PM   #5

Oh hell yes.

I'd be all over that. And another bonus in my case that would've saved like 2000 mi of driving lol.

Wait a minute. This is just your tactic to get people to buy two rigs in the same year isn't it?!?! (To be returning buyers on the second if you didn't catch my drift)
Old 01-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
I think it is a great idea. So the dealer will take the trade, do the paper
work etc. Will the dealers participate? It would make it better for them I would think. All sounds good
I think some will....I'll have to put a disclaimer "not available in all locations"
We have a couple that do it now....sort of. They had a local courtesy delivery done and then they show up on our door unscheduled because that delivery did not go well.

I think if a dealer did NOT participate and they find repeat customers will just go buy for someone that does...they would pretty quickly.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:59 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Oh hell yes.

I'd be all over that. And another bonus in my case that would've saved like 2000 mi of driving lol.

Wait a minute. This is just your tactic to get people to buy two rigs in the same year isn't it?!?! (To be returning buyers on the second if you didn't catch my drift)
maybe we should make it 3rd? That way we "really" know you're committed.

We have a customer right now that his rig was in for service and we thought we had lost it. The VIN he gave us was for a DX3 and the coach that came in was an Isata 5. We thought we accidentally picked up his trade and not his new coach.

So when we called were were like "this rig accidentally got picked up". He said "No, that's the right one. I own that". Yeah, but when we pull up your name it shows this DX3. "Yeah, I own that one too. That's for the long trips"

Baller

Old 01-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #8

Oh sheesh... I'm going to need a bigger barn....
Old 01-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #9
Skh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Way back in the day, we used to offer factory delivery for a fee. (don't misread that as "for free"....the "R" was omitted intentionally

We have talked about doing that again...and we might. But that got me thinking about those of you that have purchased multiple coaches. While we strive to give you the best experience that we can...sometimes, a dealer might fall short, and that MAY be just a single person, not really the dealership.

So I wonder how many would participate in a VIP program. Where if you are buying your 2nd product from us, we offer to deliver it out of the factory. My people do the walk through. You can camp a night or two and we take care of any PDI issues right on site. You would have to take the time off of course and handle air-fare. But, not a bad perk for repeat buyers.

There are also logistics...like we cannot take your trade. The dealer would have to do that. And the big one....you would have to handle the paperwork before pick up. I am a firm believer in not handing over the dough, until it is how you want it. But I think those that are repeat buyers trust us enough to do that, knowing we will resolve any issues while they are here.
A great idea and I would definitely take part! I intentionally bought an Isata 3 through a dealer who let me get it in Elkhart. He arranged for a service company to get it and supposedly do the PDI, unfortunately not much got done. By the time the Wrangler I had driven there got out of the hitch shop it was late with rain coming so stayed the night and was back to the shop with a few things no one had checked. Very nice owners but I think hard to hire help like everywhere. I saw the dynamax factory but didn't take time to go there. Besides paying freight, I have a problem with transporters and would rather not have them pounding my unit out of there 650 miles, confirmed by a couple of them I saw as they flew by when headed west. I am a 61 yr old woman and got it myself in December. It's not that tough to get around Elkhart.
Skh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:04 PM   #10
RV There Yet?

should not be all that hard to implement. Just offer an option on the order sheet for factory pickup or dealer pickup (where available). i would have loved to pick up my camper from the factory as opposed to the dealer and i wish that other FR brands would offer this.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:08 PM   #11
Commercial Member

"Shouldn't be", but life has a way over overcomplicating simple things.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:08 PM   #12

Quote:
I think some will....I'll have to put a disclaimer "not available in all locations"
We have a couple that do it now....sort of. They had a local courtesy delivery done and then they show up on our door unscheduled because that delivery did not go well.

I think if a dealer did NOT participate and they find repeat customers will just go buy for someone that does...they would pretty quickly.
So then, you will have a list of those who will?
Old 01-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #13
Commercial Member

who knows...I haven't even figured this one out yet. It was just a thought I had while reading a book, in between events, at a swim meet over the weekend. Fri-Sat-Sun swim meet gives one lots of time to contemplate lots of things. Especially when you have already exhausted all the lives on your preferred smartphone game.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:43 PM   #14
RV There Yet?

Quote:
"Shouldn't be", but life has a way over overcomplicating simple things.
I have a way of over simplifying complicated things. It would be a win win for everyone except for the transporters. the dealer would be able to sell the coach either at a discount or at a higher profit margin because the transporter would be removed from the picture.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #15

I would definitely consider this if I was purchasing. I drove 700 miles to pick up my current rig which was very close to the factory. I prefer I drive the rig the 700 miles home rather than a transporter drives it 700 miles to a local dealer.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:15 PM   #16

Quote:
who knows...I haven't even figured this one out yet. It was just a thought I had while reading a book, in between events, at a swim meet over the weekend. Fri-Sat-Sun swim meet gives one lots of time to contemplate lots of things. Especially when you have already exhausted all the lives on your preferred smartphone game.
so since you think of things, some one told me to post this.

for you to think about.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:50 PM   #17

Although my dealer did a reasonably good job of prepping, I'dprefer a factory delivery for 2 primary reasons:
1. take a factory tour and get to "know" your coach which will help with maintenance/repair going forward;
2. put the most important first miles on your rig; in spite of what Cummins says.

Also, enjoy the drive home through heartland America.
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:49 AM   #18

Although we have not owned a Dynamax before, I would like this as a first time buyer. We have been around tents, campers, and RV's most our life. We have a DX3 37BH in production now. You could use us for free (that is right there is an "r") to pilot the new program.
uh60silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:06 AM   #19

Love the idea Brian! Don't know when it will happen, but we'll be getting a new Dynamax at some point. Factory delivery would be an awesome option.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:06 AM   #20

The idea is great BUT it might be cheaper and far better to have a real Quality Control Inspector checking each and every coach that comes off the lines.

That would be a great help to customers that purchase from marginal dealers that have no clue, or don't give a hoot.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote