Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2021, 06:24 PM   #1

What do you use your Dynamax for?

Just curious. Do you use it for mostly camping remote on weekends? Long term in sites? Work?

For me it’s used for work for most of the year. I have a few offices in different states and have to spend time at each a few times a year. For the rest of the year it’s used for product testing (UTV products) or desert races (for our race team).

Love the thing. In NY with it right now. DX3 for the win! Love how the torque of that big lazy diesel can just lug along on the highway at 70 for hours on end with no complaints. I think Dynamax abs in particular MD and HD truck based coach’s work best for a lot of short trips…aka a lot of driving. On road and off road.

If I was staying in one spot for 6 months at a time, on pavement at all times, a provost would probably work out better.

—john.
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:29 PM   #2
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix View Post
Just curious. Do you use it for mostly camping remote on weekends? Long term in sites? Work?

For me it’s used for work for most of the year. I have a few offices in different states and have to spend time at each a few times a year. For the rest of the year it’s used for product testing (UTV products) or desert races (for our race team).

Love the thing. In NY with it right now. DX3 for the win! Love how the torque of that big lazy diesel can just lug along on the highway at 70 for hours on end with no complaints. I think Dynamax abs in particular MD and HD truck based coach’s work best for a lot of short trips…aka a lot of driving. On road and off road.

If I was staying in one spot for 6 months at a time, on pavement at all times, a provost would probably work out better.

—john.

We use the 30FW for one to three mth trips each year. Also a lot week end trips to local parks. The most important is it our excavation plan for us during hurricane season.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:57 PM   #3

I use mine for recreation and also K9 work as I work cadaver dogs on missing persons cases along the east coast. It works great. Bunks are gone and have been replaced with dog crates. I just got it a month ago and have had two trips for K9 already. Couldn’t be happier.
jthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #4

We use ours for weekend trips, and a few weeks a year.

But mostly we use it to hang out with all of the friends we have made throughout the years in the Owners group. We consider most of the other owners great friends and family.

No matter what we are doing, we are doing it in style.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix View Post

—john.

Which UTV products, If I may ask? I was in the powersports business for several years.
1HasBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HasBeen View Post
Which UTV products, If I may ask? I was in the powersports business for several years.

All sorts of products, some we make, some we sell.

Shoot me a PM I’ll explain as to not get off thread!

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:56 AM   #7

We're working at trade shows- towing a 24 ft trailer with our SUV in it loaded with our booth displays- setting up today at the Noria Reliability Conference in Louisvlle, KY,on to the SMRP Annual Conference in St. Louis, MO next week.
Lubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:41 AM   #8

We use ours as a second home for 3 to 4 months at time while we spend time visiting the grandkids in California. Way cheaper than buying a home and paying the taxes out there. We also do several long weekend trips throughout the year and a couple of weeks in the North Carolina mountains every October.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #9

Right now we use it as our weekend getaway but come spring next year we will be using it full time. The plan is to travel north America in it and see all we can. We will spend most of next summer in western Canada. Come fall we will head south and winter in the southern USA, make our way up the east coast in the spring and tour across Canada the next summer.
Mike946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:40 AM   #10

We use ours for 2 to 3 months in the summer out west. 2 to 3 months in the winter in Florida. Week or so trips occasionally in between.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #11

We have a 17XL RB. We are full timing in this rig for going on 4 years now. Spend on average 2 - 3 weeks at different locations around the country. So it is our home.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:39 PM   #12
jkoenig24

I bought my 2015 DX3-37RB in May of 2014 (I "graduated" from a 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe fiberglass "egg" travel trailer). Each year I did several extended RV treks until 2018 when I sold my "Stick & Brick" and became a Full Time RVer. I've been "Isolating in Place" in northeast TN since the Covid Pandemic really hit in March, 2020. As much as I'd LOVE to get back on the road, I'm not DYING to do so. I'm solo. My DX3 has more than enough room so I don't get "cabin fever" but, there are still SO many places I've yet to explore and, I'm looking forward to the time I can SAFELY resume my RV travels.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:44 PM   #13

I use my dx3 37 Ts to go to dog shows
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #14

We've taken x-country trips for 2 years and a half x-country trip this year interspersed with shorter 3-7 day camping outings locally. The rest of the time it is sitting in the driveway pointed out, fully loaded and fueled up as our CA wildfire fire/disaster escape pod.
The2002Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:39 PM   #15

We just completed a 7 month 16500K mile cross country trip with our Isata 5 30FW and are itching to do another trip soon.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:56 PM   #16

We have been living in our DX3 full time since June, we sold our house sooner than expected. We are retiring at the end of November and going to start full time RVing. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	264629
This past weekend was the first outing with the new trailer in tow, the rig did great.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
We use ours for weekend trips, and a few weeks a year.

But mostly we use it to hang out with all of the friends we have made throughout the years in the Owners group. We consider most of the other owners great friends and family.

No matter what we are doing, we are doing it in style.
Welcome to the group... perhaps we'll meet up at one of the owner's group. I know the guy that organizes it.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 06:50 PM   #18

Hmmm. Last year I used it to get from AZ to RI and didn't want to fly in a Covid jet. Took my 30 yr old son an GF for same reason. Then I drove to Mississippi to PU my 23 yr old daughter and brought her back to RI. Then I went from RI to Sabastion Fl to take my sister to her new retirement home. She accompanied me from there to South Delpadre Island TX, just to look around, and back the Phoenix. Next day to Flagstaff to visit another daughter and by granddaughter. Great KOA up here btw. Tomorrow back to Phoenix. Thursday off to Glendale AZ for the final race of the NASCAR season. I think about 10k miles since last May. I guess in summary, visit the kids, help the sis, and enjoy the races. After that, I haven't got a plan yet.

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:43 PM   #19

So I guess you get credit for the very first "CEV" if your familiar with the weather Chanel the have the "TEV" that stands for "tornado escape vehicle" The "CEV" must then be the "covid escape vehicle"
Daveh5525 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #20

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamax