Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #1

Wheel Hub caps

I have a question the wheels center caps on a DX3 are they from Dynamax? Freightliner just told me that I have a bad cap on the drivers side front. They can’t replace it, Because they said it from Dynamax and charged me 195.00 to tell me that. Does anybody know if that’s true or not?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1495.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	190235
furb30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Dynamax provides those.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Dynamax provides those.

Ok thanks
furb30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #4

Actually, Dicor provides that stuff:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...or-163491.html

"Had some warranty work done for a leak in the air lines at local Freightliner shop back in November. Had them re-torque the wheels. Took a short trip later in the spring and drove with the windows down and heard a clicking noise from front wheels. Two trips back to FL and still clicking. BC gave me a point of contact with FL and he suggested taking off hub caps and seeing if that was the problem. It was; the 2 retaining nuts were too tight. This had been done when wheels had been re-torqued and each time they worked on the clicking noise. I put them back on a little looser. Guess too loose because I lost one; will use locktite now. Found out the wheels are supplied by Dicor. (Danielle Sodeman, Dynamax parts: "Dicor Corp supplies the wheels to us the part #is VAC10285-F1422").
I ordered two nuts/covers from the Dicor website but the ones I received were two small. Called and got the right ones coming. The correct parts were not listed on the website. No charge for the correct ones and told to keep the others as they fit the rears. Great customer service from all.

FYI:
Part #V22506-RJN for jam nut, front
#V22506-LNS for acorn cover, front.
Part #V19582-EJN for jam nut/cover combo, rears."
Old 10-29-2018, 09:12 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Also, as a side note Eric. I didn't catch it until I saw your screen name here and put two and two together (of course also the nature of the question)....

I am the same person that answers the Facebook page as well. So if you ask there and ask here, it's still me (unless someone beats me to it here), so I end up answering twice. I prefer here, because people can search for similar answers, but will certainly answer Facebook as well...we respond to all requests.

Anyway...I am fine with either, but prefer one or the other so I am not duplicating efforts. I do have some help on the FB page, but if its a product question it is normally me.

By the way...I'll see if I can get a part number. Might be something Amazon carries.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook47 View Post
Actually, Dicor provides that stuff:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...or-163491.html

"Had some warranty work done for a leak in the air lines at local Freightliner shop back in November. Had them re-torque the wheels. Took a short trip later in the spring and drove with the windows down and heard a clicking noise from front wheels. Two trips back to FL and still clicking. BC gave me a point of contact with FL and he suggested taking off hub caps and seeing if that was the problem. It was; the 2 retaining nuts were too tight. This had been done when wheels had been re-torqued and each time they worked on the clicking noise. I put them back on a little looser. Guess too loose because I lost one; will use locktite now. Found out the wheels are supplied by Dicor. (Danielle Sodeman, Dynamax parts: "Dicor Corp supplies the wheels to us the part #is VAC10285-F1422").
I ordered two nuts/covers from the Dicor website but the ones I received were two small. Called and got the right ones coming. The correct parts were not listed on the website. No charge for the correct ones and told to keep the others as they fit the rears. Great customer service from all.

FYI:
Part #V22506-RJN for jam nut, front
#V22506-LNS for acorn cover, front.
Part #V19582-EJN for jam nut/cover combo, rears."
You have to be a little careful. Dicor does now....but they have not always supplied them. Depends on the model year. it has been Dicor for a couple of years now....but the only one was just a "half moon" as we call it. The lugs were not included "all in one". Now the cover and the lugs are on one part. (I think that is the Dicor version)

Old 02-15-2019, 05:12 PM   #7
Part timer

Hub cap related, my hubcaps had oil off the lug nuts (not the axle breather cap) slinging out and making a mess on the wheel, so I went to O’riellys and bought black plastic door edge protector, $13 for 18 ft roll, and installed it in the edge of each hubcap, looks nice and I think it will stop the mess on the wheels. In the process I discovered that the rear nut covers don’t pull off like the front ones, they actually unscrew with the same tool used to remove the front retaining nuts.
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ tow/trail ride
Southeastern Tennessee
BBC Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #8

This is where I got my replacement rear Hub Cap.

Phoenix USA
Old 02-19-2019, 03:33 AM   #9
Consumer of Space

Thats a good link Paul, thank you.

Tags
wheel