Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2017, 10:33 AM   #41
Commercial Member

Seems like this conversation has devolved, so I will exit stage left.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Seems like this conversation has devolved, so I will exit stage left.
TBH Brian thats really not what many of us wanted to hear...it would be interesting to hear a plan forward as to how this is being addressed at Dynamax and how the use of the correct screws/fasteners are being applied properly and "evolving" at the Dynamax Factory...especially those of us who have quarter of a million dollar units being built...

Not encouraging at all to hear that statement from you...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #43
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
TBH Brian thats really not what many of us wanted to hear...it would be interesting to hear a plan forward as to how this is being addressed at Dynamax and how the use of the correct screws/fasteners are being applied properly and "evolving" at the Dynamax Factory...especially those of us who have quarter of a million dollar units being built...

Not encouraging at all to hear that statement from you...
See, this is my issue. My one comment is taken out of context or some other great meaning is applied. I am here on a daily basis, soliciting feedback, using that feedback to improve and I think the evidence is there for anyone who wants to take the time to see it.

Just because I am exiting this conversation does not mean I am exiting this site.

As for "hearing a plan forward"...if you read the whole thread you would see I not only posted a screen shot of an email from myself to our production manager bringing up that they needed to use a different fastener for a certain application. I also mentioned that we have changed suppliers to get better fasteners.

While I would love to help, it is not up to me to fix the industry. It is up to me to make sure Dynamax builds the best product that we can and provide a better value. So when a conversation devolves into "bash the industry", my time is better served helping our customers with their specific problems.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #44

Quote:
See, this is my issue. My one comment is taken out of context or some other great meaning is applied. I am here on a daily basis, soliciting feedback, using that feedback to improve and I think the evidence is there for anyone who wants to take the time to see it.

Just because I am existing this conversation does not mean I am exiting this site.

As for "hearing a plan forward"...if you read the whole thread you would see I not only posted a screen shot of an email from myself to our production manager bringing up that they needed to use a different fastener for a certain application. I also mentioned that we have changed suppliers to get better fasteners.

While I would love to help, it is not up to me to fix the industry. It is up to me to make sure Dynamax builds the best product that we can and provide a better value. So when a conversation devolves into "bash the industry", my time is better served helping our customers with their specific problems.
Now you are taking my comment/request way out of context...we are now Dynamax owners and in no way did I ask you to fix the industry as a whole, but to please check that there is some decent quality control performed on screw/fasteners being utilized...

It would have went a LONG way for you and Dynamax, if you had given a courtesy call to the Production Manager and then give us some feedback on what he said about the controls they have in place for using the correct fastener...

That would have been professional and confidence inspiring...for me as well as many others...

What is sad about todays salesman environment if someone would have came on here looking to buy a unit, they would have gotten complete and detailed info to the MAXIMUM...in fact this proves the point sales first quality second:

Quote:
Ah, I read 5. I thought 5 total. 5 kids is a different story. Yes, Force then.

FYI, there are only about (16) in stock across the US right now. The best deal, will be on the 28K chassis and those, only about 4.

Another (3) will be shipping in the next couple of months to Texas.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #45
Commercial Member

I would say before casting judgement, please take a moment to read some of my other posts. If anything, I give maximum information to a fault.

Just to clarify your courtesy call request. I meet with the production manager "officially" in staff meetings on a weekly basis, but we are not such a large company that I am behind a desk in a far off site. The plant is about 15 steps from my office so I actually talk to the production manager and line employees on a daily basis.

And yet again, one post of 7004 is quoted to prove that sales is first, quality is second.

I understand you are a Dynamax customer and I appreciate your business. It appears we are just currently not reading each other correctly at this moment and this is sometimes why I exit a thread, to prevent these misunderstandings.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:35 PM   #46

With all due respect, a very politically driven response, most could really care less about how many posts someone has made because it could be that they are a salesman or just "windy"...a meat and potato response would have been taken by all here as affirmation, and welcomed...I.E. "I discussed this with our Production Manager and he stated that"

But we can see that is not going to happen...
Old 11-13-2017, 08:43 PM   #47

Quote:
I would say before casting judgement, please take a moment to read some of my other posts. If anything, I give maximum information to a fault.

Just to clarify your courtesy call request. I meet with the production manager "officially" in staff meetings on a weekly basis, but we are not such a large company that I am behind a desk in a far off site. The plant is about 15 steps from my office so I actually talk to the production manager and line employees on a daily basis.

And yet again, one post of 7004 is quoted to prove that sales is first, quality is second.

I understand you are a Dynamax customer and I appreciate your business. It appears we are just currently not reading each other correctly at this moment and this is sometimes why I exit a thread, to prevent these misunderstandings.

I agree, looks like a no win situation here. I’ve always thought it was cool how open you are about everything!
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:24 PM   #48

Quote:

Clemens, I applaud you for being a rep that cares, you have been on this forum helping members, you are not required to do that. I wish there were other divisions reps on here also. Your probably the most honest and helpful person FR has. I have seen you go to the Matt for members over the years. Thank you for your help and explanations. I wish you also represented the Rockwood line.
Quote:
With all due respect, a very politically driven response, most could really care less about how many posts someone has made because it could be that they are a salesman or just "windy"...a meat and potato response would have been taken by all here as affirmation, and welcomed...I.E. "I discussed this with our Production Manager and he stated that"

But we can see that is not going to happen...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:01 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Clemens, I applaud you for being a rep that cares, you have been on this forum helping members, you are not required to do that. I wish there were other divisions reps on here also. Your probably the most honest and helpful person FR has. I have seen you go to the Matt for members over the years. Thank you for your help and explanations. I wish you also represented the Rockwood line.
Understand your sentiments sir, but with all due respect the comparison of spending $20-30k on a 5th Wheel to spending $250-265k on Super Class C is a far stretch and quality control and materials should be applied accordingly...

Thats what one would expect when spending over $250,000.00 for a Super Class C Motorhome...

A unit built for $30-40k will not have the lifetime expectancy of a unit built for $250k either...100k miles will be the limit on the cheaper unit...don't ask me how I know...

Most Dynamax owners are buying for quality materials/control, camping/traveling style, and longevity due to owning previous models of RV's, so yes QUALITY CONTROL is an expectation for that kind of money...

If you tell me these two units are comparable then I can agree with your sentiment...but that would be a hard push to convince anyone of that...
Old 11-14-2017, 06:40 AM   #50

Bclemens and Witch Doctor,I would very much Enjoy sitting and having a with both of you and talking about,"Drill Point Screws"! Youroo!!
Old 11-14-2017, 07:36 AM   #51

Quote:
Understand your sentiments sir, but with all due respect the comparison of spending $20-30k on a 5th Wheel to spending $250-265k on Super Class C is a far stretch and quality control and materials should be applied accordingly...

Thats what one would expect when spending over $250,000.00 for a Super Class C Motorhome...

A unit built for $30-40k will not have the lifetime expectancy of a unit built for $250k either...100k miles will be the limit on the cheaper unit...don't ask me how I know...

Most Dynamax owners are buying for quality materials/control, camping/traveling style, and longevity due to owning previous models of RV's, so yes QUALITY CONTROL is an expectation for that kind of money...

If you tell me these two units are comparable then I can agree with your sentiment...but that would be a hard push to convince anyone of that...

Always love the “ with all due respect opening”. In other words prepare to be insulted [emoji23][emoji482]
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:15 AM   #52
Commercial Member

lol. No offense, but....

On another note, I've had strong words with my service representatives on this topic. Whether it is $60k or $250k. It is a lot of money to the person that spent it. The $60k shouldn't expect less service because they paid less. I know people that spent their life savings to afford $60k...I've reminded my guys, please don't tell them they bought "an entry level unit", they didn't, they just bought less square footage. $250k is more because there is a LOT more raw materials in it. We hope, to meet or exceed all expectations even when expectations seem to be somewhat out of control (and I say this as a consumer...when gratification is so instant nowadays we don't want to wait on anything. I include me in that mix)

Old 11-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
Always love the “ with all due respect opening”. In other words prepare to be insulted [emoji23][emoji482]
With all due respect sir...

I was raised in the swamps with nothing, worked for everything I own, my Dad left me $1 when he died, so no insult was intended...and no offense taken...

But picture this:

You go down to the Car Dealer and purchase a Nissan Juke for $12,000 grand...
and a Ford F-450 King Ranch or Platinum 6.7 Diesel for $80-100 grand...

You wouldn't expect a difference in quality or quality control?

You would expect both of them to have the same longevity? Same interior comforts?

Or a $30,000 home compared to a $250,000 home? Same expectations? Same quality build?

Please answer this realistically sir, I am most interested in your thought process...
Old 11-14-2017, 06:35 PM   #54

To bclemens if you are still on here, I also appreciate your input on here and hope you continue, I have learned a lot. I too have seen many low quality employees in the auto repair industry, usually they are the ones that say they can fix anything but don't! Every employee needs supervision, this is where QC comes in.
Having read all this debate I have a before FR built 2011 Dynaquest & I have no problems performing the maintenance needed while thinking why did they do that! I realize it is a house on wheels. I love what you guys are able to build!!

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins ISC 330HP/1000TQ
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #55

"Amen" to all of the comments above. The quality of materials, and the assembly techniques used to build our motor homes and trailers, especially the interiors, is appalling. DW and I have visited several RV assembly plants, and the goal is not top quality finished product. The goal is speed and low cost. We are still fighting the dealership for warranty claims after two years of ownership, and I am now trying on my own to fix the pull-down shades that have fallen off the walls.
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #56
Site Team

Quote:
You go down to the Car Dealer and purchase a Nissan Juke for $12,000 grand...
and a Ford F-450 King Ranch or Platinum 6.7 Diesel for $80-100 grand...

You wouldn't expect a difference in quality or quality control?

You would expect both of them to have the same longevity? Same interior comforts?

Or a $30,000 home compared to a $250,000 home? Same expectations? Same quality build?
I know I'm not the one these questions are directed at but I'd answer yes to just about every single one. The only 'no' would be the interior comforts.

Sure if you spend more on a vehicle and it has all the upgrades like GPS, leather seats, remote start, backup camera, blind spot warnings, etc... that the less expensive car might not have, you'd expect to pay more.

But don't don't think we should confuse more expensive with better quality.

With some things, yes it's true, you get what you pay for. But with other things there should still be an expectation that even though it doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles that a more expensive option would have, it should still last.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I know I'm not the one these questions are directed at but I'd answer yes to just about every single one. The only 'no' would be the interior comforts.

Sure if you spend more on a vehicle and it has all the upgrades like GPS, leather seats, remote start, backup camera, blind spot warnings, etc... that the less expensive car might not have, you'd expect to pay more.

But don't don't think we should confuse more expensive with better quality.

With some things, yes it's true, you get what you pay for. But with other things there should still be an expectation that even though it doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles that a more expensive option would have, it should still last.
Yes sir, and then there is reality...but hey who doesn't like to dream?
Old 11-15-2017, 12:20 PM   #58

Quote:

Amenities and comforts, yes
BUT quality control should not be compromised. So, if I buy a Cessna and another buys a Lear Jet, the Quality control should be compromised on the Cessna?
Heck, my little 20G trailer will last as long as the so called "Super C"
Because I take care of my equipment. Also, I will win on resale!!
Happy Camping.
Ttramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:23 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttramp View Post
Amenities and comforts, yes
BUT quality control should not be compromised. So, if I buy a Cessna and another buys a Lear Jet, the Quality control should be compromised on the Cessna?
Heck, my little 20G trailer will last as long as the so called "Super C"
Because I take care of my equipment. Also, I will win on resale!!
Happy Camping.
With all due respect.
Ttramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttramp View Post
With all due respect.
Thanks for the respect, always nice to be respected...

Let's compared some of the quality differences between 5th Wheels, Travel trailers and Super Class C's...just for kicks and giggles...

1.) One Piece Fiberglass Roof on a All Aluminum Frame vs a Plywood Roof with a Membrane Skin on wood slats

2.) Porcelain Toilets vs Plastic Toilets I.E. If you purchased a $250,000 home and it had ALL plastic toilets, you wouldn't be a bit concerned?

3.) Super Class C Tires vs Travel Trailer Tires (Lets not even go there, 99.9% of the ones on 5th wheels and Travel Trailers I see on the road are time bombs ticking)

4.) Leather vs Cloth

5.) Vinyl Flooring vs Ceramic Tile Flooring

6.) Axles (Again don't even have to go there)

7.) Brakes? No comparison period

8.) 8000 Diesel Generator vs 4000 Gas Generator

9.) And so forth and so on....

With all due respect sir....