Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2017, 12:20 AM   #1
Always Learning

Why u no have bath and a half?

The wife and I have started to entertain the idea of a motorhome but we still have the hard requirement of a 1 1/2 bath.

I’m pretty sure we need a MH with a tag axle for cargo carrying capacity.

But Brian, why u no have a bath and a half bunkhouse model?
Old 12-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #2

DW is looking at MH's too and she likes the bath and a half idea. One for us and one for guests. I got a feeling we'll be going to a few shows in Feb.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:10 AM   #3
Commercial Member

It's on the agenda...but demand has been for shorter units that we haven't had in a while, not really the 45' coach that this floor plan would require. Why not look at the 37RB with a cab over bunk?

Once the new Cascadia chassis is ready for motorhomes...we'll come back out with the grand sport and the bath and a half bunk, might be the first floor plan. That's still 12-18 months away.

We're looking to update our shorter floor plans...then hit another long one.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It's on the agenda...but demand has been for shorter units that we haven't had in a while, not really the 45' coach that this floor plan would require. Why not look at the 37RB with a cab over bunk?

Once the new Cascadia chassis is ready for motorhomes...we'll come back out with the grand sport and the bath and a half bunk, might be the first floor plan. That's still 12-18 months away.

Bath and half, bunk house model with more kitchen counter space.

My wife and I are in...when can we place the order?

PS: Cascadia is available on Showhauler now.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
Steelhorzz

We've got a (2012), Georgetown 360, (not sure what the new model is.)
But ours is 38 foot, with bath and a half.
AND a King size bed! We love it!!
Blue Ox Tow System / U.S. Gear Unified Tow Brake
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:13 PM   #6

A half bath is a total waste of space that could be better used for storage. I have over 50 years of rv experience I have never found a need for a half bath......guest have never needed to use a bathroom when they come to visit.....on the other hand having a pantry in that same space serves a more practical purpose.....
Bob Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:22 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Vaughn View Post
A half bath is a total waste of space that could be better used for storage. I have over 50 years of rv experience I have never found a need for a half bath......guest have never needed to use a bathroom when they come to visit.....on the other hand having a pantry in that same space serves a more practical purpose.....
What if you had 2-3 kids living with you in the trailer full time? Could you see a need for that family to have a bath and a half?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #8

I saw a 5th wheel bunkhouse with a bath and a half I the last year or so. I thought that was pretty nifty and something I would definitely consider if I were full timing in my coach.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:42 PM   #9

Quote:
This post is about the OP's requirements, not an opinion based on personal experience. As for "wastes of space" and "practical purposes", those are entirely personal perspectives that can vary widely.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:48 PM   #10

My DW has four cats and thinks she needs a bath and 1/2 floor plan to have a place for the litter box. We don't own an RV yet but rented one for our first trip a couple of months ago and the litter box in the half bath worked very well. Any thoughts?
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post

PS: Cascadia is available on Showhauler now.
Yes...but they don't really mold their fiberglass to the cab. They sort of square it off so it would work on just about any cab. We have always molded ours to the cab so it looks integrated. When we went from curved wall to straight wall and ended new parts, it was around the same time that the Cascade was getting re-tooled. So instead of having new parts that were only good for a year we figured we'd wait for the new style and mold parts for the new styling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 2.11.16 PM.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	159243  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyCox View Post
My DW has four cats and thinks she needs a bath and 1/2 floor plan to have a place for the litter box. We don't own an RV yet but rented one for our first trip a couple of months ago and the litter box in the half bath worked very well. Any thoughts?
We keep the litterbox under one of the dinette benches. We took the storage door off the end so our cat could get in and out. It's easy access for scooping.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Yes...but they don't really mold their fiberglass to the cab. They sort of square it off so it would work on just about any cab. We have always molded ours to the cab so it looks integrated. When we went from curved wall to straight wall and ended new parts, it was around the same time that the Cascade was getting re-tooled. So instead of having new parts that were only good for a year we figured we'd wait for the new style and mold parts for the new styling.
what about this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	showhauler.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	159245  
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
what about this?
I'll take two please.
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:04 PM   #15
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
I think I can understand a bath (we have one in our Wildwood Heritage Glen), but what is the extra half for? Is it for exceptionally long people or are you planning on wild parties?

BTW, we also have a kingsize bed and a bed-settee/convertible, if you were thinking of dropping in and hangin' for a few days.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #16

I have been RVing since 1972, had travel trailers, fifth wheels and motorhomes. I thought the bath and a half would not be a big deal. Our current motorhome, a 2016 Tiffin 36LA, came with one, and I love it! She now has her own bathroom (Both of them), and I get the one she is not using. Truthfully, they are great!

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #17
Always Learning

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
This post is about the OP's requirements, not an opinion based on personal experience. As for "wastes of space" and "practical purposes", those are entirely personal perspectives that can vary widely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
What if you had 2-3 kids living with you in the trailer full time? Could you see a need for that family to have a bath and a half?

Restcure and Dan hit it on the nose. What is silly to you is important to me.

We fulltime with 2 kids and regularly have 1-2 guests for extended periods of time. Your guests might not use it while they’re there, but I can’t ask my in-laws to hold it for 10-21 *days* (yes, DAYS).

While not required, I like keeping my kid’s daily bathroom mess and chaos out of my space. At the risk of sacrificing space/room, I’m wanting to have a 1/2 bath.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:59 PM   #18
Always Learning

Quote:

The issue I have with the cab over bunk is needing to sleep 2 kids with some kind of separation of their sleeping space. Otherwise, the bratty 5 year old little brother will annoy the heck out his older 14 year old sister. (Which in turn annoys me!)

What’s interesting to me- and I assume we are the oddballs, all of these coaches seem to come with a king size bed. My wife and I greatly prefer a queen (plus we want to reuse our Sleep Number bed). A small amount of length could be saved there.

We actually walked through some Class A motorhomes today- Sportcoach by Coachmen. This was the first that I had seen the salon bunks. This is a little harder to justify as the kids don’t have a permanent space to call their own AND it violates my separate sleeping quarters (it was 1 long double bunk). Plus, I’m not sure how they would be able to decorate or hang mementos.

If you want to pick a family to test out designs- give us a call!
Old 12-30-2017, 09:09 PM   #19

There are 4 of us in a one bathroom stick and brick home. Talk about "roughing it"...LOL
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:11 PM   #20

I've had no issue for 10 day trips using one bathroom with 5 people.

Jesus people, its camping. This is why the guys in tents are making fun of us. If you want to go easier, just rent a suite at the hilton.
lugoismad is offline   Reply With Quote