RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #1

Winterize Isata3

Could I winterize my rig by putting several gallons of antifreeze in the fresh water tank & run the pump until all faucets run pink?
ACMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

You could but it is advised not to.

Why??... because most fresh water tanks do not completely drain the contents.

If you put R/V antifreeze in the fresh tank and your tank doesn't drain completely, it takes MANY times of filling and draining to dilute and remove any remaining antifreeze. It is simply not worth the effort when a antifreeze port can be added to the pump fairly inexpensively or many R/Vs come from the factory with them already added.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:00 PM   #3
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMN View Post
Could I winterize my rig by putting several gallons of antifreeze in the fresh water tank & run the pump until all faucets run pink?
I would not....

depending on year, it should still be pretty easy.

1. For newer models we provide an anti-freeze take up tube at the water pump. Uncoil the tube, the the 3 way valve, put the tube in a gallon of antifreeze. Use the pump as you normally would and it will draw antifreeze directly from the gallon container as you operate each fixture.

2. For older models, you can use the Anderson Valve. It works the same way...BUT, you need to leave the lines filled (not drained). If you drain the water lines then there is not enough water in the lines to prime the pump and create suction. Your best bet is to leave the lines full of water. Cut off an old hose for about 6' of line. Put the cut end into the antifreeze jug, connect the other end to the Anderson valve. Turn the valve to "Winterize". Now run the faucets and pump as you normally would. it should draw antifreeze from the container.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize