Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2020, 10:04 PM   #1

Xantrex Help

Just had a new Xantrex inverter/charger installed in my 17 I5. Had to replace both the AGM unit in the basement, the display head in the coach and even the cat 5 cable was faulted and replaced.

I thought the mobile tech got everything replaced and programmed correctly but the two battle born batteries will not charge with the generator or the solar panels.

They will charge via shore power or with the alternator when the engine is on.

Is there a setting that he missed while programming the Xantrex unit or is there another component that may have been damaged?
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:46 AM   #2

I believe the solar charger goes directly to the batteries and is not connected to any other electronics. So this is a separate problem if not charging with solar. Do you see any current on the solar charger in when the sun is out? I can look tomorrow but as I recall there is heavy #8 white wire that comes from the solar charge controller to the battery. The line is fused but I am not sure where. Check the PDF for the controller the LEDs will give you a status.

If charging on shore but not generator then the transfer switch may not be working or a breaker between the generator and the transfer switch may be open. I think all AC power to the xantrex comes in on the same power line from the transfer box. Does the xantrex show AC power when the generator is on? If does show AC power then the transfer switch is working and it may be a setting on the xantrex. I don't think the xantrex distinguishes between shore and generator power so if is charging with shore it should charge with generator if the power is getting to it.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:31 AM   #3

Solar is handled by a separate controller. Likely Go Power if it was stock from Dynamax.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #4

[QUOTE=DavidMort;2451384] I can look tomorrow but as I recall there is heavy #8 white wire that comes from the solar charge controller to the battery. The line is fused but I am not sure where.

There is a red & white pair going to the battery which I think is the solar.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:33 AM   #5

I would check the basic settings first and make sure they are correct. There is another Xantrex post just below yours that has a cheat sheet to check settings if that helps.
As others have said I believe the solar is separate and direct to battery’s.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote