Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
How did you cut the holes bigger, They look great.

Next is the swivel/tilt mount for the TV. Which one did you use. I believe you posted it at some point.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:56 PM   #62

This is the one I put on the outside tv. I closed off all of the holes going into the coach behind the TV as well. The bugs like to find their way into the sink area from there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #63
Señor Miembro

New Bath Wall

We had some left over engineered oak flooring from our house that ended up making a good looking sturdy bath wall to which we can mount multiple towel bars without having to worry about them tearing out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new bath wall.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	228622  
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:12 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
We had some left over engineered oak flooring from our house that ended up making a good looking sturdy bath wall to which we can mount multiple towel bars without having to worry about them tearing out.
Very nice! With what did you attach that leftover flooring to the current wall?
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #65
Señor Miembro

It's tongue and groove 5" wide flooring planks. We glued them to the walls with "liquid nails" caulk and then put 18ga, I think it was, finish nails through the ends of them into the structure of the wall. Popped on some matching oak cove moulding we found and caulked between the boards and the counter and back splash tile with some sanded color perfect caulk. We got lucky and just had all this stuff laying around. It's nice to have a solidly mounted towel bar now instead of the one flopping around as it was just mounted to the luan with no structure behind it. Now we'll get another towel bar so we'll have twice the towels to share! Why an RV that sleeps 8 only has 1 towel bar is beyond me.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:58 PM   #66
Commercial Member

Native Hardwood could probably get you some stain to match the cabinets...and if that was too dark, maybe the driftwood color would would match the gray tones of the rest of the bathroom.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:41 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Native Hardwood could probably get you some stain to match the cabinets...and if that was too dark, maybe the driftwood color would would match the gray tones of the rest of the bathroom.

The driftwood would look really good !
Old 05-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #68

Dynamax DX3 or Dynaquest XL ?

We own a Newmar Mountain Aire 4335 and I’m doing research for my next coach, a Dynamax DX3 or Dynaquest XL. Any thoughts or recommendations? I’m looking at the 3400 length. I’m driving 43’ and looking to drive a shorter rig. I have always wanted a Dynamax. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Colleyville Texas.
Rmd1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:05 PM   #69
Señor Miembro

my dos centavos

DX3 is a little under powered IMHO for the mountains out West. XL is a little loud in the cab given the more powerful engine. The XL, I think, sits a couple inches higher which may cause height clearance issues. Though with the XL I can hold my speed on most hills.
The XL has chrome rocker panels which will resist rock chips but they don't wrap all the way under so you can still get them, key fob locking basement storage compartments are kinda cool but I've replaced 3 actuators within 9 months and it's a major pain when you get locked out when one fails locked so I'd call them a wash. The XL's 3rd house battery is nice but easy enough to add one to the DX3.
If you are interested in a barely used XL37BH let me know.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:57 PM   #70
Señor Miembro

Finally got the bed lift struts installed so its easy to work under there. I also re-routed the antifreeze pickup line and valve to be near the bottom of the bed so you don't have to crawl under to the back of the bed to get to it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bed struts.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	228989  
Old 05-14-2020, 10:19 PM   #71

Quote:
Finally got the bed lift struts installed so its easy to work under there. I also re-routed the antifreeze pickup line and valve to be near the bottom of the bed so you don't have to crawl under to the back of the bed to get to it.
Nice! Am adding that to the ToDo list!
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:00 PM   #72

Anyone added a central vac? I had a Dirt Devil in our old 5th wheel and loved it. Thinking under bed in the master would be a good spot.

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtad View Post
Anyone added a central vac? I had a Dirt Devil in our old 5th wheel and loved it. Thinking under bed in the master would be a good spot.
Have had central vacs in the past. Now have a rechargeable Dyson. Would go with a rechargeable Dyson. Much more useful with no hose limitations... can take it anywhere we need it.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #74
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
Have had central vacs in the past. Now have a rechargeable Dyson. Would go with a rechargeable Dyson. Much more useful with no hose limitations... can take it anywhere we need it.
I quadruple that.

When I picked up the Dyson for Sunseeker (which they have discontinued), I did a video of the Dirt Devil and Dyson, side by side. The Dyson performance was BY FAR better.

Also, in my last house we had a whole house vac. Dragging out the hose was a pain. When we finally got a Dyson at the house, I don't think we used the whole house vac for the last year or two of ownership.

It was just much easier to pull the Dyson off the wall and it had a "powered head" That is the biggest difference. There is no brush on the dirt devil and if there is, it is air-powered.

At the current house, we didn't even bother. We just made sure there was an outlet in the pantry for the Dyson. We handed down the old one to the oldest daughter and now she is a believer as well....and bugs me all the time, assuming that when I get an upgrade, she gets an upgrade (hand-me-down). The newest one is really pricey, but is is lily overkill. Automatic head that senses carpet or hard floor and adjusts the suction accordingly. Digital display. But, being able to buy them at cost has its benefits.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:05 PM   #75
Señor Miembro

The dyson is ok. We just got a new battery for ours as the old battery died (after 8 months and being used once). Handhelds vs central/built-ins are a trade off of convenience vs. power. On tile floors, you don't need much power and taking shoes off at the door keeps it all fairly clean.

BC, next house, go with the central vac and install Hide-A-Hose system. It makes it really convenient.
Also, Vrooms at frequently used areas (kitchens, heavily used entry doors, mud baths, hair cutting area, pet areas etc are super nice.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #76
Commercial Member

Quote:
The dyson is ok. We just got a new battery for ours as the old battery died (after 8 months and being used once). Handhelds vs central/built-ins are a trade off of convenience vs. power. On tile floors, you don't need much power and taking shoes off at the door keeps it all fairly clean.

BC, next house, go with the central vac and install Hide-A-Hose system. It makes it really convenient.
Also, Vrooms at frequently used areas (kitchens, heavily used entry doors, mud baths, hair cutting area, pet areas etc are super nice.
We had a little of both...including the kick plate device. Still found the Dyson to be more convenient. Plus, I don't need to go into the basement to empty a huge dust bin and clean the screen. Just dump the small one on the Dyson...wash the filter twice a year or so.

There are different Dyson's too. Some better than others.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #77
Señor Miembro

Supply Replumb

So I have to replumb the waste disposal, which I'll get into later, but while I had it taken apart and out of the way, I figured I'd replumb the potable water supply with a few upgrades. It's not my prettiest job and I forgot to add an accumulator tank but it's a big improvement over stock. I used a boiler drain valve off the reel with a garden hose drain valve backup connection. I added a built-in, adjustable pressure regulator with city water pressure and post regulator cabin pressure gauges. Then tee'd off for the black water flush, a shutoff valve and double check valves with another garden hose drain/clean out. No more worrying about regulators and running a second hose for black tank flushing! Now if only I can come up with a way to quick connect to all camp hose bibs!
Oh, and I wish I'd added a screen/filter at the hose reel but if you flush the parks' hose bibs before connecting, it shouldn't be too big a deal.
Lastly, in case you ever wondered what was behind the wetbay control panel, I've included a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	replumb overview.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	229467   Click image for larger version

Name:	replumb supply.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	229468   Click image for larger version

Name:	pressure reg.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	473.5 KB
ID:	229469   Click image for larger version

Name:	replumb black flush.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	514.2 KB
ID:	229470   Click image for larger version

Name:	wetbay panel.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	521.0 KB
ID:	229471  

Name:	behind panel 1.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	384.7 KB
ID:	229472   Click image for larger version

Name:	behind panel 2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	229473  
Old 05-21-2020, 06:29 AM   #78

Is that a backflow preventer inline going to tank flush or a regulator?
Old 05-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #79
Señor Miembro

Its a backflow preventer. I know there is already one down line from the hose attachment but I've already seen mine stick and not work so I decided to double up. Actually triple up as it a double check valve in one brass unit that I put in.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #80

Finished up a few upgrades on my wife’s list. Very easy to do.

Make sure you use a primer on the wall before going with the “peel and stick” wood boards.

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	236691

Name:	IMG_0067.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	351.2 KB
ID:	236693

Wanted to find an economical approach to doing a teak shower floor. Found 1ft square panel’s on Amazon. Easy to measure, trace, move the screws inside your pattern then jigsaw cut.

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	384.2 KB
ID:	236692

Tags
dx3, upgrade