Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2022, 10:45 PM   #121
Senior Member
 
Trialrun85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 146
Good Luck! You can do it.
__________________
2016 Dynamax Force 35DS
2014 Chrysler T&C
On a Master Tow Dolly
Trialrun85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:44 AM   #122
Senior Member
 
MoJoe1003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 888
Replaced the lighting over the theater seats.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1112.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	272511
Replaced the cab over bunk curtain.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1116.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	272512
Added LED mood lighting around the back of the TV.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1114.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	272513
Replaced the kitchen sink faucet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1117.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	272515
Replaced the front shocks with FOX Commercial shocks. Very noticeable improvement in the ride and handling.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1163.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	363.2 KB
ID:	272514
__________________
Joe & Cynthia
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS Cindy 'B'
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:14 AM   #123
Senior Member
 
MouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 309
My lighting upgrade Click image for larger version

Name:	20211015_172900.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	272598Click image for larger version

Name:	20211016_130416.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	272599
__________________
2021 Dynamax DX3 37RB
(Formerly 2018 Dynamax Isata 5 36DS)
MouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:29 AM   #124
Senior Member
 
shultz01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 785
Was busy over the winter since taking delivery of our XL from Jason at Performance RV.
Added the C9 grille kit and Diode Dynamics driving and fog lights.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2484.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	384.9 KB
ID:	272615
Added glove holder, shelf/paper towel holder and a stinky slinky tube to the wet bay.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2164.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	272604
Added additional shelves to the kitchen cabinets.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2166.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	272605
Added a drawer below the washer & dryer
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2168.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	272607
Added Sport Chassis door panels and a separate amp for the speakers, SCI steering wheel, rubber floor mats, CB w/external speaker and NGP antenna, center console, phone holder, TPMS mount, and my National seats to the cockpit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2261.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	272608
Added propane bottle rack and fire extinguisher to Aquahot bay.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2326.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	272611Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2327.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	272612
Closed off under the leveling jacks hydraulics with mud flap material to protect it a little more from the elements.
Added muds flaps front, rear and in front of the entry stairs and battery bay.
Did the kitchen sink upgrade that others did—we thought that was a great idea.
Added a light in the cabinet under the kitchen sink that comes on when the door opens.
Swapped out the RoadTrip Winegard for the Trav’ler.
Swapped out the High Polish wheels from Dura Brights and did internal TPMS on the rear.
Installed the Air Force One braking system, spare tire and wheel w/hoist and train horns that we were using on the Force.
Like I said, I was busy!! So glad to be done and ready for the camping season!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2249.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	459.1 KB
ID:	272610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2330.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	272614  
__________________
Andy & Debbie Shultz
Harrisburg, PA
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801TS
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:34 AM   #125
Senior Member
 
Bill Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 1,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Replaced the lighting over the theater seats.
Attachment 272511
Replaced the cab over bunk curtain.
Attachment 272512
Added LED mood lighting around the back of the TV.
Attachment 272513
Replaced the kitchen sink faucet.
Attachment 272515
Replaced the front shocks with FOX Commercial shocks. Very noticeable improvement in the ride and handling.
Attachment 272514
It looks like the shocks are upside down.
__________________
2008 Dynaquest 340xl
Bill and Carol
Retired mechanic
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:53 AM   #126
Senior Member
 
shultz01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
It looks like the shocks are upside down.


Nope. They are installed correctly. But I know what you mean. ;-)
__________________
Andy & Debbie Shultz
Harrisburg, PA
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801TS
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:01 AM   #127
Senior Member
 
MoJoe1003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 888
Andy, how did you get that draw in under the washer/dryer? We have the same model XL and my water pump and a heater cozie are mounted right at the opening. I installed a drop down door there but a drawer wouldn’t seem to fit.
Also, interested in your sewer hose solution. Maybe you can show me at the gathering in June. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1167.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	272617
__________________
Joe & Cynthia
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS Cindy 'B'
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:08 AM   #128
Senior Member
 
MoJoe1003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
It looks like the shocks are upside down.


I thought the same thing at first. However, Fox seems to know we would think that and provided a helpful little sticker to dispel any doubt. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1168.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	272619
__________________
Joe & Cynthia
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS Cindy 'B'
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:03 AM   #129
Senior Member
 
shultz01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 785
Your favorite DX3 upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Andy, how did you get that draw in under the washer/dryer? We have the same model XL and my water pump and a heater cozie are mounted right at the opening. I installed a drop down door there but a drawer wouldn’t seem to fit.
Also, interested in your sewer hose solution. Maybe you can show me at the gathering in June. Attachment 272617


I ordered a drawer that was about 4” smaller than the opening. Still allowed me to have a 6” deep drawer. You can kinda see it on this picture. Great minds think alike…I made the louvre panel under the frig a flip up. :-) We can definitely do a Show and Tell at the gathering.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2167.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	272622
__________________
Andy & Debbie Shultz
Harrisburg, PA
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801TS
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:37 AM   #130
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,482
Andy,
Congrats on the new XL and kudos on the upgrades, great job.
I am getting better, just not quick enough
__________________
Joe
2017 Dynamax DX3 37BH
Toad: 2020 Ford F-150
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #131
Senior Member
 
shultz01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
Andy,
Congrats on the new XL and kudos on the upgrades, great job.
I am getting better, just not quick enough


Thanks, Joe! :-)
__________________
Andy & Debbie Shultz
Harrisburg, PA
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801TS
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:53 PM   #132
Senior Member
 
CyberShanks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Top of a hill (in Iowa) surrounded by corn.
Posts: 446
Some very nice upgrades by all of you indeed. I need to hide my credit card from myself for awhile...


Jim
__________________
2021 Dynamax Dynaquest XL 3400KD
2021 Aluma 8220H Tilt flatbed to carry:
2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon or 2001 Jeep TJ
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:57 AM   #133
Senior Member
 
MoJoe1003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
I ordered a drawer that was about 4” smaller than the opening. Still allowed me to have a 6” deep drawer. You can kinda see it on this picture. Great minds think alike…I made the louvre panel under the frig a flip up. :-) We can definitely do a Show and Tell at the gathering.
Attachment 272622


So, does the drawer ride above your water pump and heater cozie?

I made my panel flip down so I didn’t have to lay my head on the floor to see in there. I’m still pretty close to having to lay on the floor anyway.
__________________
Joe & Cynthia
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS Cindy 'B'
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:59 AM   #134
Senior Member
 
MoJoe1003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post
Some very nice upgrades by all of you indeed. I need to hide my credit card from myself for awhile...


Jim


Oh man, these guys are brilliant, but this thread has cost me a lot of money! Tell me again why I revived it…LOL!
__________________
Joe & Cynthia
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS Cindy 'B'
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:01 PM   #135
Senior Member
 
MoJoe1003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 888
Your favorite DX3 upgrades

Call it OCD, but I found the light and slide buttons in the bedroom of our 3801 TS XL were in an odd order (MHO). The slide in and slide out buttons were the first two buttons when entering the room. The two light switch buttons were the farthest from the door. Easy fix, remove the faceplate, drill a new hole for the communications cables, flip the circuit board over and reinstall. Then pop the button labels out of the faceplate and reposition them in the correct order. Now the light buttons are the first buttons closest to the door as you enter the bedroom. Did the same in the bathroom last year so the light switch was first and the water pump switch was second. Had many a guest turn the water pump instead of the light.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	275345

Installed a new SCI steering wheel. Looks and feels great! Thank you to EdandShelley for the generous gift. You’re too much!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1283.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	275346
__________________
Joe & Cynthia
2021 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS Cindy 'B'
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:23 PM   #136
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Carnesville Georgia
Posts: 35
Could I get the make and model please of the fireplace
__________________
Abe’s Dynaquest XL on Order
Toads-jeep jk- Ford F-150-Ford edge
Carnesville Ga
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:23 AM   #137
Senior Member
 
Sharon455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe padgett View Post
Could I get the make and model please of the fireplace
You might want to quote the post with the fireplace so that the poster will be notified, also, there are other fireplaces in this thread so no way to tell which one you are referencing.
__________________

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:28 PM   #138
Senior Member
 
EdandShelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Frisco, TX & Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoe1003 View Post
Call it OCD, but I found the light and slide buttons in the bedroom of our 3801 TS XL were in an odd order (MHO). The slide in and slide out buttons were the first two buttons when entering the room. The two light switch buttons were the farthest from the door. Easy fix, remove the faceplate, drill a new hole for the communications cables, flip the circuit board over and reinstall. Then pop the button labels out of the faceplate and reposition them in the correct order. Now the light buttons are the first buttons closest to the door as you enter the bedroom. Did the same in the bathroom last year so the light switch was first and the water pump switch was second. Had many a guest turn the water pump instead of the light.
Attachment 275345

Installed a new SCI steering wheel. Looks and feels great! Thank you to EdandShelley for the generous gift. You’re too much!
Attachment 275346

Joe… you really helped us with the awning from hell. We appreciated all the assistance and friendship. Finally fully operational!

Click image for larger version

Name:	67660355495__C86DFA68-97A2-4AFE-A6F3-0EA08D33C7D6.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	275478
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:48 PM   #139
Senior Member
 
EdandShelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Frisco, TX & Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 486
We replaced the DYNAMAX logo on our last factory trip (original had an carve defect). Greg and I talked about how cool it would be to light up the logo.

Well, that has been in my mind since the trip. So I took it on…with a little engineering help from a company I work with. We were originally going with electroluminescent tape but it requires a 12V to 24V step up box then a 24V to 110V device. All to find out the tape could not glow bright enough for the day and had a delay lighting up.

So, I went down the 12V LED light box path. Here are the rough order of steps to complete. About 8 hours of work….much of it detailing the letters so they are “sharp” when lit.


- remove the current logo (on our XL). Attached with silicone. Use a long putty knife to remove. Go slow.

- get a piece of plexiglass cut to match size of the logo plate.

- cut 1”x1/2” wood strips to line the edge of the plexiglass.

- use foil tape (used for HVAC systems) to cover inside of plexiglass. (Makes it reflective)

- time consumer step… cut the reflective tape to match the logo and put it on the back of the logo panel. Will assure the light doesn’t come through any part except the letters. Also creates more reflection so light is even.

- apply 12v led light strip all along inside of wood strips from above and have power lead go through wood in the lower right corner.

- drill a hole in the lower right area if your steps to match the power leads. Attach approx 3’ of wire to the left strip leads and put them through the hole you drilled in the stairs.

- silicone and light box to the top stair where the logo was originally. Put silicone in the hole where the wires run.

- under rv behind stairs. Run wire down from hole to the stairs wire bundle. You should have two unused plugs that are marked “stair lights”. These power up with the outside handle. Attach positive to positive and negative to negative. Then test

- if all works… attach logo plate to front to light box with 3M heavy duty tape

- you will need a wider strip of stair trim to cover the light box. Easy to buy.

- calk edges with color to match entry stairs.

- enjoy your results



Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4436.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	275479Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4417.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	275480Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4419.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	275481
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:56 PM   #140
Retired Army Paratrooper
 
MasterBlaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Enterprise Alabama
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
We replaced the DYNAMAX logo on our last factory trip (original had an carve defect). Greg and I talked about how cool it would be to light up the logo.

Well, that has been in my mind since the trip. So I took it on…with a little engineering help from a company I work with. We were originally going with electroluminescent tape but it requires a 12V to 24V step up box then a 24V to 110V device. All to find out the tape could not glow bright enough for the day and had a delay lighting up.

So, I went down the 12V LED light box path. Here are the rough order of steps to complete. About 8 hours of work….much of it detailing the letters so they are “sharp” when lit.


- remove the current logo (on our XL). Attached with silicone. Use a long putty knife to remove. Go slow.

- get a piece of plexiglass cut to match size of the logo plate.

- cut 1”x1/2” wood strips to line the edge of the plexiglass.

- use foil tape (used for HVAC systems) to cover inside of plexiglass. (Makes it reflective)

- time consumer step… cut the reflective tape to match the logo and put it on the back of the logo panel. Will assure the light doesn’t come through any part except the letters. Also creates more reflection so light is even.

- apply 12v led light strip all along inside of wood strips from above and have power lead go through wood in the lower right corner.

- drill a hole in the lower right area if your steps to match the power leads. Attach approx 3’ of wire to the left strip leads and put them through the hole you drilled in the stairs.

- silicone and light box to the top stair where the logo was originally. Put silicone in the hole where the wires run.

- under rv behind stairs. Run wire down from hole to the stairs wire bundle. You should have two unused plugs that are marked “stair lights”. These power up with the outside handle. Attach positive to positive and negative to negative. Then test

- if all works… attach logo plate to front to light box with 3M heavy duty tape

- you will need a wider strip of stair trim to cover the light box. Easy to buy.

- calk edges with color to match entry stairs.

- enjoy your results



Attachment 275479Attachment 275480Attachment 275481


Looks great Ed
__________________
Dennis & Zoleta
Retired US Army
Force 37BHHD
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dx3, upgrade

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.