Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #1

Your favorite DX3 upgrades

Thanks lease post was he favorite DX3 upgrades that you have done - I have done several and will try to add to this thread with pictures to help others as well . I am hoping this will prove a good resource for other DX3 owners to find mods and upgrades that other owners have done .
Old 11-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
Jim & Gerry

Too new!

We have had our coach less than six weeks, so still adding/changing things. Have not used it enough to determine favorite.

— changed out the fireplace for one with a full function remote (and looks like logs)

— relocated the HD satellite controls from the far front of the cabover to the top of the cabinet by the door. Also put the BluRay player and both sat receivers there.

— provided access to electricity for that closet by the door to allow a rechargeable vacuum

— put a fire resistant safe behind the bedroom TV

— added the door lock inserts into the floor; bungie would not hold it firm enough (bang on tight curves)

— added a couple of shelves in a few cabinets, may add more

— changed the king mattress for a queen sized (just too difficult to make up the bed, not enough room on left side of bed)

— Added a door stop magnet for the bathroom door

— fixed the cab area where it was easy to put up light blocking curtains over the two windows and windshield (3 curtain rods). Works great, easier to put up/take down than the light shields it came with. However, when it is very hot or cold will use them for the insulation provided.

— supported bays with carpeted covered plywood (hubby likes to bring tools, disburses weight)

Nothing that big, but small changes we like.

What else? Love the console that has been discussed on here. It won’t work on ours because of the placement on the speaker on the floor. May relocate speaker.

Add ScanGauge D, we go over multiple high passes in CO (Monarch, Slumgullion, etc); need to keep up closer with engine and transmission temperatures.

Add refrigerator/freezer to one on the outside bays on a slide tray.

Change the wiring on the dash radio so that it will quit asking me to go through setup every time the ignition is turned on, and be able to listen to Sat radio when the coach is parked.

BTW— LOVE the new rig, haven’t used it but a few nights. Hubby says it drives much better than our last one (Newmar Essex). I know it is much easier for me to drive it. Love the four cameras, always know where the end of the Jeep is located!
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovnOn View Post
We have had our coach less than six weeks, so still adding/changing things. Have not used it enough to determine favorite.

— changed out the fireplace for one with a full function remote (and looks like logs)

— relocated the HD satellite controls from the far front of the cabover to the top of the cabinet by the door. Also put the BluRay player and both sat receivers there.

— provided access to electricity for that closet by the door to allow a rechargeable vacuum

— put a fire resistant safe behind the bedroom TV

— added the door lock inserts into the floor; bungie would not hold it firm enough (bang on tight curves)

— added a couple of shelves in a few cabinets, may add more

— changed the king mattress for a queen sized (just too difficult to make up the bed, not enough room on left side of bed)

— Added a door stop magnet for the bathroom door

— fixed the cab area where it was easy to put up light blocking curtains over the two windows and windshield (3 curtain rods). Works great, easier to put up/take down than the light shields it came with. However, when it is very hot or cold will use them for the insulation provided.

— supported bays with carpeted covered plywood (hubby likes to bring tools, disburses weight)

Nothing that big, but small changes we like.

What else? Love the console that has been discussed on here. It won’t work on ours because of the placement on the speaker on the floor. May relocate speaker.

Add ScanGauge D, we go over multiple high passes in CO (Monarch, Slumgullion, etc); need to keep up closer with engine and transmission temperatures.

Add refrigerator/freezer to one on the outside bays on a slide tray.

Change the wiring on the dash radio so that it will quit asking me to go through setup every time the ignition is turned on, and be able to listen to Sat radio when the coach is parked.

BTW— LOVE the new rig, haven’t used it but a few nights. Hubby says it drives much better than our last one (Newmar Essex). I know it is much easier for me to drive it. Love the four mirrors, always know where the end of the Jeep is located!

Perfect - this is exactly the type of responses I was hoping for - I am going to start adding my favorites with pics - feel free to share pics of your mods!
Old 11-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar1573858559.928115.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	219230

Front end grill guard
Old 11-15-2019, 05:57 PM   #5

Shower floor teakClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1770.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	219231
Old 11-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpheifer View Post
Attachment 219230

Front end grill guard
We are researching Grill Guards now... Which manufacturer did you go with and are you happy with the decision?
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
We are researching Grill Guards now... Which manufacturer did you go with and are you happy with the decision?

I used ex- guard - I was lucky and a dealer was in town - the mechanic I used only charged me an hour to install and I installed new driving lights in place of the fog lights myself to get a set that fit - I am very happy and think it was a great decision - first big trip with it will be right after Christmas - but I sure do think I like the look- hope this helps!
Old 11-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #8

Movn On, I want to change my power to the radio also. Where did you find/hook up the power?
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ci4mynewf View Post
Movn On, I want to change my power to the radio also. Where did you find/hook up the power?

This thread does not have any info on radio wiring there is a thread on the forum somewhere on that subject I hope you find it I’m sure it will help.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:08 AM   #10
Jim & Gerry

Radio power

We have not been able to fix the radio power (yet). Pulled dash, could not get radio out of can. There is a thread discussing which wires, etc. think if you search Kenrood radio?

Title of thread discussing radio wires:

Kenwood radio Initial Setup Finish never goes away?
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #11

I pulled my bezel off and got the radio out of the dash and the wires go into a loom and disappear over with a speedometers at I haven't got up under that section yet to figure out what's going on I think it's j12 the fuse for the radio / diagnostics under the hood
Old 11-18-2019, 08:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Shower floor teakAttachment 219231

Does that lift up to clean the floor underneath?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Does that lift up to clean the floor underneath?

It sure does it is one piece and lifts up very easily
- hope that helps
Old 11-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #14

MovnOn, I traced the wires from the radio that the Kenwood manual said was power. . It said that the red wire goes to ignition power and the yellow goes to batt power. I used my volt meter and it's wired the opposite. Would like to know why its wired reversed of the manual. I called Kenwood and Dynamax cust service. Left messages.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:07 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ci4mynewf View Post
MovnOn, I traced the wires from the radio that the Kenwood manual said was power. . It said that the red wire goes to ignition power and the yellow goes to batt power. I used my volt meter and it's wired the opposite. Would like to know why its wired reversed of the manual. I called Kenwood and Dynamax cust service. Left messages.
FYI....this post has been on three different threads now. For consistency sake, I would just post to your original so that all info is in that one spot.

Also, I'm not sure what the engineers would be getting back on. There is no reason to wire it backwards, other than it was a mistake...or the wire colors are wrong. But, I don't recall that you had issues with that memory. You just wanted to be able to wire the radio to the house batteries...or are you having issues as well?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #16

No issues. Just trying to power with key off. Thank You, Chuck
Old 11-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #17

3rd hijacked thread
Old 11-24-2019, 03:31 PM   #18

Quote:
3rd hijacked thread

Name:	59631690590__F2F33971-0979-4F08-973F-23EA7B612907.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	219789

Just finished adding center console and additional lighting - pre wires to be able to add remote controlled exhaust fan for inverter cabinet
Old 12-22-2019, 03:59 PM   #19

Name:	IMG_2697.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	220871
Just bolted these big rear anti skid wheels on today
tesalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesalu View Post
Attachment 220871
Just bolted these big rear anti skid wheels on today

Very useful - if you can please share mounting pics and where you sourced the wheels please

Tags
dx3, upgrade