Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2022, 10:51 PM   #1

37FLH CAUTION - Falling Glass

I opened up the small eye level cupboard in the kitchen area today and the glass fell out and shattered. The caulking / adhesive that held it in place had dried out and was solid. I checked the other doors with glass, and all had dried out adhesive that was barely holding the glass in position.

I checked the doors in the bathroom; the adhesive there was pliable and holding the glass firmly in place.

It may be worth checking your cabinets just in case.
ex-egll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-egll View Post
I opened up the small eye level cupboard in the kitchen area today and the glass fell out and shattered. The caulking / adhesive that held it in place had dried out and was solid. I checked the other doors with glass, and all had dried out adhesive that was barely holding the glass in position.

I checked the doors in the bathroom; the adhesive there was pliable and holding the glass firmly in place.

It may be worth checking your cabinets just in case.

Ok, first off, I'm surprised the factory installed glass instead of plastic, especially if your FLH is newer. Pretty sure my 2020 has glass inserts in the cabinets. I would've preferred my cabinet doors had plastic inserts instead, but i'm going to check all of mine today. Brother!...like we don't already have enough other important things to examine and repair, like exterior seams, roof, etc.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote