Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #1

37FLL Mod wishes

Howdy Forum! Just joined, but we've had our 37FLL for 3 months and are full time in her. I've got a couple mods that I wish to make and wanted to ask the community. I've got a Traeger Texas Elite 34 pellet grill which gets used as much as I can use it. Unfortunately, she doesn't get to travel with us. Initially, Sabre said the 37FLL came with a 300lb rated receiver in the rear, and like many other items Sabre said, it didn't. I was hoping to custom weld a hitch platform with fold down wheels for the smoker, but will need to put in a receiver. The issue is the shore plug is on the rear, so I cannot replace the thin metal beam with a beefed up I-beam to put in the receiver. Any recommendations?

Also, under the LP hookup by the outside grill is a hole to, what I can only assume to be, the manual crank for the awning, even though the awning is a Lippert 12v power awning. Can anyone confirm? The crank came in the storage area and if it's useless, I'd like to toss it.

Thanks,
Scott
TXAggie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:55 PM   #2

Don't toss that crank! The hole by the LP hookup is most likely for manually extending/pulling in your slide if something goes wrong with the motor.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Don't toss that crank! The hole by the LP hookup is most likely for manually extending/pulling in your slide if something goes wrong with the motor.
That makes sense but why not a manual way to pull in the other three?

Thanks,
Scott
TXAggie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:13 PM   #4

No other holes or places for the crank?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:05 AM   #5

Ok, first off, it sounds like the holes you're talking about are for manually extending or retracting your slides. I too have a Sabre and noticed that one of the holes in the skirting of mine is opposite of the bedroom slide that it controls. However, the other two rack and pinion on mine have holes in the skirting of the sliders. The two remaining schwintek slides on mine have manual overrides in the basement storage. Your sofa slides are the same as mine. That said, DO NOT throw away that crank, as recommended above.

On to your first question, the only Sabre that did not come with the 300lb accessory hitch on the back is the 37FLL. It never did since it was first introduced, so someone at Sabre gave you some bad information. The reason for it is because you have a big drop frame on the back end of your RV. If they added the accessory hitch, you'd have clearance issues with even slight road grades. For this reason, I wouldn't try to add one.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:23 PM   #6
Happy Camper

I learned the hard way that Forest River is under no obligation to provide what they advertise. You have to look out for yourself because they can change anything at any time.
Anderson Ultimate Connection 5th wheel hitch
Tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote